Fourth Trailer Hits the Web

Westeros

Le Cygne, I know a lot of people on this site hate the Alton scene but I buy the justification for it that Nikolaj provided (I don't remember if it was in an interview or in the 208 commentary). He'd do anything to get back to KL. That plus I thought it was a strong scene. And naturally the show can't pretend that that scene never happened because the rest of his family WOULD disapprove of what he did.

Regarding the flap over Sansa, I find it reflects an interesting pattern I have seen over the past few seasons when I read reactions to episodes. With many(every?) little plot change, there is always someone who has an unusally strong reaction to it. The way it plays out is strikingly similar, with the only difference being the detail they react to. But its always a relatively minor change which is sold as being very large. Its so predictable you could almost make a game out of it.

I don't mean to pile on you Colonel Green... I don't think your wrong in the way you say it changes her character. But it really is a drop in the bucket of changes the show has made. I stopped worrying about those long ago, partially because I don't want to become as upset as some of the fans of the show tend to get on this forum. And really, in terms of adaptations, I have never seen something of this scope get so much right. I tend to focus on the things that do go well now, its just so much less aggravating. I'd rather enjoy the show. Even if there is a scene with littlefinger and Cersei that completely undermines his sneakiness from the book, or and Alton Lannister.

Goofy looking 'stache, Mace! I wonder if that's deliberate, making him look absurd--what did Olenna call him? A bumbling oaf, was it? :laugh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/joliefaire/Capturemace.jpg

He has the moustache I always imagined Daario would have... D:

Wow, Margaery's wedding dress is so lovely!

Marg's dress is like a walking spoiler: "I'M DANGEROUS!".

There's a video someone posted over on wicnet (I'd post it but it seems that I'm right back to not being able to paste again) that shows new clips but with some announcer guy talking over them. Sadly very little of what was being said is discernible but there was one scene of Jaime and Cersei arguing and he says "I murdered him so I could come back to you" leading me to believe that she is angry with him for killing show-canon Alton Lannister. It's interesting that they're addressing that because it may reopen old wounds for those Sullied who didn't like that scene. I think that will be a good moment though and if he had done such a thing, I think it would piss Cersei off.

They just showed the scene on Seth Meyers' show and it's her being mad at him for leaving . she says "you took to long coming back" and he gives her a "what you just say" look.

Can't I at least get one Theon line in these trailers? It's just always a sweeping shot of him looking broken . :bawl:

^(Well, this is a great first post. After lurking around this website for about a year and a half, I finally decided to make an account and join in. I was hoping for a more witty entrance :cool4: .)

Spoiler from Episode 2 of Season 4:

Apparently Stannis indeed burns a non-believer.

My source is this one. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86909-little-questions-that-dont-fit-anywhere-else/page-12 POST 226

I would be disappointed with this. As burning innocent people is not going help Stannis's popularity on the show at all. In regards to the info of episode 2 given, when Stannis is losing patience with Davos, according to Liam at s4 premiere he said "Stannis army and navy is all destroyed and Stannis is not happy", do you think Stannis loses patience with him due to him unable to get Salladoor to help or sellswords, and thats why he goes to Braavos?

Spoiler from Episode 2 of Season 4:

Apparently Stannis indeed burns a non-believer.

My source is this one. http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/86909-little-questions-that-dont-fit-anywhere-else/page-12 POST 226

It sounded like the decision was Mel's. It also sounds like Stannis was very morally conflicted about it: I wouldn't write it off as a bad decision until we've seen the episode.

If Stannis stares apathetically at the pyre, proclaiming "Burn the non-believers! Execute the Onion Knight!" I'll join in the complaining.

Waiting to see the context / if it's legit but for the moment: :bang:

Well its D&D after all, i have stopped expecting that they would do his character justice, although will wait to see the episode to make a concrete conclusion.

I would be disappointed with this. As burning innocent people is not going help Stannis's popularity on the show at all. In regards to the info of episode 2 given, when Stannis is losing patience with Davos, according to Liam at s4 premiere he said "Stannis army and navy is all destroyed and Stannis is not happy", do you think Stannis loses patience with him due to him unable to get Salladoor to help or sellswords, and thats why he goes to Braavos?

Yeah it makes sense for him to go to Braavos, especially to the money-hub Iron Bank as it can fund him to re-build his army and thus the line i think from Davos, "War's not Over".

Jeeeeesus. Is this going to be his introduction every season?

Seems that way. He burns more people than Satan.

It sounded like the decision was Mel's. It also sounds like Stannis was very morally conflicted about it: I wouldn't write it off as a bad decision until we've seen the episode.

If Stannis stares apathetically at the pyre, proclaiming "Burn the non-believers! Execute the Onion Knight!" I'll join in the complaining.

Even if its Mel, it doesn't make it right at all. Stannis would absolutely never sanction a burning of a non-believer, morally conflicted or not.

Le Cygne, I know a lot of people on this site hate the Alton scene but I buy the justification for it that Nikolaj provided (I don't remember if it was in an interview or in the 208 commentary).

I heard it, not buying his spin. I hated it then and I hate it now and I will forever hate it. And the show could forget it, they forgot who Sansa was, they can forget that they made Jaime a kinslayer.

I stopped worrying about those long ago, partially because I don't want to become as upset as some of the fans of the show tend to get on this forum.

Well, that's you. Some of us do things differently. When we are disappointed, we express disappointment. Go figure.

Did I miss something, what look ??

When she says I will find her. I love that look he's giving her there.

I'd love to get Martin's opinion of show Stannis. Note that he never cites Stannis (or Mel, or Davos) when he mentions characters who have been altered from their book versions.

Stannis isn't some kind of benevolent, badass upgrade from Ned Stark, so don't expect the show to reflect him that way. Just because the showrunners aren't fanatical "Stannis the Mannis" fans doesn't mean they've ruined his character.

Archived