Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers)

Howdyphillip

Really liked episode 5. The Eugene reveal was bound to happen. I'm glad we got to focus on these characters.

One nitpick though, more bad attempts athumor, mostly focused around Glenn. 'I did not need to know that...' Come on, a fucking poop joke?

It was a sex joke, no?

I heard "But first i need some ass" then Glenn said "i did not need to know that" and then it cuts to Abraham having sex with his GF.

Maybe i heard wrong.

It was a sex joke, no?

I heard "But first i need some ass" then Glenn said "i did not need to know that" and then it cuts to Abraham having sex with his GF.

Maybe i heard wrong.

That's how I interpreted it too.

I'd talk more, but I need to go get some. brb.

It was a sex joke, no?

Maybe i heard wrong.

That makes much more sense. I'm Dutch so I watched it with Dutch subtitles, and it translated Abe's words as 'But first I need to take shit.'

A farm in the midwest would be great if you actually know how to farm in the midwest. If you don't you won't make it through the first winter. Unless you really know what you are doing you need to be somewhere that food is growing and accessible all year around.

I think you would likely have several years to figure it out. One thing they talk about a bit in The Stand that doesn't get much focus in TWD is that if there were an event where 90+ % of the population died within a few weeks, supplies would actually be pretty plentiful. There would be enough canned food and camping / military surplus stuff around that I don't think scarcity would be a big problem at first. Humans would obviously need to use this time wisely and learn how to be sustainable.

But yea, I agree with your point and I'd probably stay in the southern mid-section for sure for the longer growing season and milder winters. Certain parts of Oklahoma, Texas, maybe Arkansas. The main reason I think that is preferable to Georgia is due to zombies. When our characters are in the woods all the time their line of sight is shit and there could be a walker hanging around behind any tree. So I'd opt for somewhere with less trees, where you can get a big open expanse to build defenses around and see anything coming for a ways out. But those places I mentioned still have enough trees that you can gather some up for fires. In the east there are too many trees, in the desert you might miss the lack of lumber / firewood. The north is too cold, the northwest too wet (and trees again), and California is likely too populated with zombies. Florida has too many trees, is more or less a wetland, and was full of crazy people even before the zombie apocalypse. So yea, maybe Eugene and Abraham should have stayed in Texas and just gone a little bit farther west from Houston.

Ah, TV translations. Always provide a dose of humor on their own.

That's pretty funny. :laugh:

Agreed :) I'm glad it didn't stray to the level of an actual poop joke.

I think you would likely have several years to figure it out. One thing they talk about a bit in The Stand that doesn't get much focus in TWD is that if there were an event where 90+ % of the population died within a few weeks, supplies would actually be pretty plentiful. There would be enough canned food and camping / military surplus stuff around that I don't think scarcity would be a big problem at first. Humans would obviously need to use this time wisely and learn how to be sustainable.

I love The Stand :). It went into the circumstances of a post-outbreak world far deeper than TWD has the capacity to go, though, so it's bound to arrive at different conclusions. Nationally, there are bound to be lots of supplies, but finding them could be hard.

It couldn't be Beth being burned, it has to be pre-Carol being brought into the hospital, when her and Daryl are watching what they are up against. Daryl obviously has Noah with him-end of EP 3- and looks upset because Carol put herself in danger. Noah obviously told them Daryl won't be brought in because he looks too strong.

I liked how Eugene named off people that died, ending with Bob, because Bob was just like him as far as being an inefficient fighter/zombie killer, yet Rick's group brought them both in.

That makes much more sense. I'm Dutch so I watched it with Dutch subtitles, and it translated Abe's words as 'But first I need to take shit.'

Oh nooooo!!! :lmao:

That sure put a damper on things.

And here I thought there were similarities in the origins of our language, so "bips" wouldn't have worked? :leer:

As an american child, I grew up reading about Cornwall, and it sounds like a formiddable territory, so it sounded about right in terms of defenses.

Whats wrong with Swindon? :o

Is it haunted?

Swindon wishes it was haunted. Frankly I am not sure if the ZA would even be noticed, or considered an improvement in Swindon. It would probably start there.

Swindon is the town other crap towns go to visit to make themselves feel better.

I was born there and will always support their football team, but I would never, ever want to live there. As Paddington says, it would probably take them a few years after a zombie apocalypse for the locals to notice the difference. A nuclear bomb went off in Swindon once and caused £10 worth of damage.

it was mentioned in Spinal Tap songs. and I'm imagining my own legend for how Cornwall got named: a bunch of farmers "planted themselves into a corner" and died isolated and alone in an impenatrable cornfield, but this turned out to also be the wall of corn that turned back a french invasion so they became heroes posthumously.

Archived