Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers)

Howdyphillip

On the basis that Eugene is still smarter that everyone, his idea of going to Washington is perhaps still the best option for finding a long term safe haven. So while a cure is off the table Washington still gives the group hope and purpose; once the whole Hospital California sideshow has been resolved, in hopefully not more than 2 episodes. We must be nearing the mid-season finale, and I sure hope that point is reached with everyone (who's still alive) all caught up and headed in the same direction.

I'd try to set up shop in a compound in the plains or in the desert. You could set up a perimeter and have clear line of sight for miles. You could set up several defensive rings. Just need to have a source of water nearby. Also there would be less population density presumably meaning less walkers and less competition from other humans.

Yeah, when I was driving across the northern plains last year I amused myself by assessing each farmstead i passed on the 90 for zombie survivability. Those farming compounds have a lot going for them. Isolation and visibility for one. Good arable land and stray livestock for another. And every farm lot for miles around has got tools and building supplies, a variety of buildings and other structures, likely a clean well for fresh water. And, in addition to whatever crops are harvested in the area, they've probably got at least a good sized kitchen garden plot and a store of vegetable seeds. Plus they've all got their own 500 or 1000 gallon fuel tanks for all of their farm equipment and assorted vehicles. No way anyone has looted ALL of that from every single farmstead in the whole midwest. And you could make a hell of a barricade by stringing a bunch of those rolling crop irrigators together.

Yeah, when I was driving across the northern plains last year I amused myself by assessing each farmstead i passed on the 90 for zombie survivability. Those farming compounds have a lot going for them. Isolation and visibility for one. Good arable land and stray livestock for another. And every farm lot for miles around has got tools and building supplies, a variety of buildings and other structures, likely a clean well for fresh water. And, in addition to whatever crops are harvested in the area, they've probably got at least a good sized kitchen garden plot and a store of vegetable seeds. Plus they've all got their own 500 or 1000 gallon fuel tanks for all of their farm equipment and assorted vehicles. No way anyone has looted ALL of that from every single farmstead in the whole midwest. And you could make a hell of a barricade by stringing a bunch of those rolling crop irrigators together.

The rotary blades from combine harvesters would make great anti-walker barricades. I'd love to see a scene where a fully functioning combine harvester drives through a large herd.

I knew it!!!

I knew Eugene was full of it. His answers were just too general and there was too many classifieds in there.

Maybe,it would be the second time they played with mixing infected blood/meat with living people in last couple of episodes. With Bob's tainted meat they didn't follow trough,maybe they won't here either.

Naaaah no way...my theory is that it's some random kid and it meant a lot to Carol to burn the body because of other dead girls in her life...Also it appears Carol got caought on purpose there.

I'm with you on Eugene. I just couldn't take him seriously with that mullet. :P

The hand injury seemed to be a reminder to Abraham, of beating the men to death in that grocery store, of losing control, of losing his family, and losing his reason to live. And again, he has lost his 'reason to live' - the mission. Okay, maybe I'm reading too much into it....

Again, I'm with you - that *can't* be Beth! Also, I'm thinking the scene is a flashback to before Carol gets taken into the hospital. So yeah, maybe while she and Daryl are staking out the hospital they find a girl that doesn't make it. They seem to show scenes from previews that are easily misunderstood. For example, I thought for sure Glenn was going to die at the trough in Terminus (the preview showed the baseball bat dude in mid-swing that certainly looked like the end for Glenn).

*fingers crossed*

If it were me I would be tempted to go west. Go somewhere with less trees. Georgia is actually a terrible place to be for zombie apocalypse times. as is most of the east coast. It's pretty much all woods from Maine to Florida with the exception of the cities... and as we've seen from Atlanta, urban environments aren't too kosher either.

I'd try to set up shop in a compound in the plains or in the desert. You could set up a perimeter and have clear line of sight for miles. You could set up several defensive rings. Just need to have a source of water nearby. Also there would be less population density presumably meaning less walkers and less competition from other humans.

I still think my long-ago suggestion of an island is the best bet. One with a source of water, of course. They're going to have to plant crops anyway. I doubt walkers are great swimmers.

I still think my long-ago suggestion of an island is the best bet. One with a source of water, of course. They're going to have to plant crops anyway. I doubt walkers are great swimmers.

I dunno, maybe. All it takes is a tropical disease and a fucked up boat to turn the island paradise into a hell hole. Remember that one of the greatest dangers of life in this setting is that no matter how safe you are from the outside you are always in danger of death from within. One person dies unseen, turns, and you can have a big problem on your hands. So you need internal vigilance and a clear escape route, just in case.

For me a farm house in the plains would be ideal as long as there was a river within a reasonable distance.

I'm with you on Eugene. I just couldn't take him seriously with that mullet. :P

The hand injury seemed to be a reminder to Abraham, of beating the men to death in that grocery store, of losing control, of losing his family, and losing his reason to live. And again, he has lost his 'reason to live' - the mission. Okay, maybe I'm reading too much into it....

Again, I'm with you - that *can't* be Beth! Also, I'm thinking the scene is a flashback to before Carol gets taken into the hospital. So yeah, maybe while she and Daryl are staking out the hospital they find a girl that doesn't make it. They seem to show scenes from previews that are easily misunderstood. For example, I thought for sure Glenn was going to die at the trough in Terminus (the preview showed the baseball bat dude in mid-swing that certainly looked like the end for Glenn).

*fingers crossed*

Spoilers from the Talking Dead about the next ep:

Apparently the body they burn is a zombie child they find on their way to the hospital. Given Carol's recent history with children, she asks Daryl to take care of the body. Definitely not Beth.

Don't know much about climate and stuff in the US, but from a quick google maps I'd be heading towards Nebraska or Colorado. They kind of look big an empty, or I'd be tempted to head north into Canada. Although now aren't they 2 years into the za, and the group seems to have moved about 30 miles, i'd say they have little to no chance of getting north.

In the UK i'd head west, maybe down to the west country (Stonehenge sort of area). Maybe to Wales, from there across to Ireland. North would take me through to many big towns, too much south and I hit London.

(just playing with google maps 1400 miles from Atlanta to denver, where as my trip would be 120 miles, know which one i'd perfer to walk)

America? I'd probably go for the middle bit, I think thats where the farms are at least.

Uk? Fuck it, I'm going to Mann with my maths ability, modern technology and correct number of digits they'd praise me as a god - it'd be like a fun version of Heart of Darkness

A farm in the midwest would be great if you actually know how to farm in the midwest. If you don't you won't make it through the first winter. Unless you really know what you are doing you need to be somewhere that food is growing and accessible all year around.

I'd love to see a tornado pick up some walkers and bash them all to pieces. Florida is sounding more appealing.

I don't know, my co-worker moved back to MD because she said she could never get used to having to do "gator checks" in the mornings when she went out to her car.

It seems that besides golfers and small pets, they like to lay in wait for people going to work. :o

Edit: But then again, an alligator could be ones best defense. :thumbsup:

Spoilers from the Talking Dead about the next ep:

Apparently the body they burn is a zombie child they find on their way to the hospital. Given Carol's recent history with children, she asks Daryl to take care of the body. Definitely not Beth.

Okay, sigh of relief. Thanks.

As for where I will be headed? While I love oregon, and there are farms for vegies and fruit, lots of fresh water, but it might get too cold for half the year. Then again, one rough winter and the walkers are breaking off appendages with frostbite, no?

Don't know much about climate and stuff in the US, but from a quick google maps I'd be heading towards Nebraska or Colorado. They kind of look big an empty, or I'd be tempted to head north into Canada. Although now aren't they 2 years into the za, and the group seems to have moved about 30 miles, i'd say they have little to no chance of getting north.

In the UK i'd head west, maybe down to the west country (Stonehenge sort of area). Maybe to Wales, from there across to Ireland. North would take me through to many big towns, too much south and I hit London.

(just playing with google maps 1400 miles from Atlanta to denver, where as my trip would be 120 miles, know which one i'd perfer to walk)

What about the region of Cornwall?

What about the region of Cornwall?

I've not been to Cornwall for years, but from what I can remeber most of its up hill, and its pretty rocky. Wiltshire however has a lot of decent farmland, woodland areas, nice fishing rivers, and a good mix of flat land and hilly bits. It also has quite a few miltary bases and a pretty large live fire area, so maybe some hardware availble to burrow. Being somewhat familar with the area helps as well.

I've not been to Cornwall for years, but from what I can remeber most of its up hill, and its pretty rocky. Wiltshire however has a lot of decent farmland, woodland areas, nice fishing rivers, and a good mix of flat land and hilly bits. It also has quite a few miltary bases and a pretty large live fire area, so maybe some hardware availble to burrow. Being somewhat familar with the area helps as well.

As an american child, I grew up reading about Cornwall, and it sounds like a formiddable territory, so it sounded about right in terms of defenses.

The problem with Wiltshire is that it has Swindon. Zombie apocalypse or not, Swindon is far too grim a place to go near.

Whats wrong with Swindon? :o

Is it haunted?

Archived