Drogon

Envie

Just a post to praise the wonderful and intimidating presence of the mighty Drogon and siblings. It was endearing to see him in all his magnificence nudging Dany's hand for more rubs as if he were nothing more than an enormous overgrown cat ... and then minutes later see him snap at her face in an instant for trying to shush him. Wow! That was intense and definitely conveyed the feeling of foreboding we all know leads to much worse than a snappy ill-behaved pet would do.

Loved the scene!

*No Spoilers* (Please use spoiler tags, I forgot to tag my post's subject line)

Also, I adored Dany's 'almost' eyeroll at Ser Joran when he reminded her they were dragons and could not be tamed even by their Mother. DUH.

It was a good scene though as it gives even non-book readers a great big ominous clue that things with the dragon babies are probably going to get out of control soon as fast as they are growing. A definite lead in to the scene we saw snippets of in the trailer with the child who was presumedly killed by Drogon.

I saw a funny post on some random unsullied thread about this. 'Dany, don't let him get away with that! Smack his nose with a rolled-up newspaper, while repeating no, no, no, in a stern voice! If he still continues to misbehave, bring out the squirt bottle!' Too funny, train those adolescent, disobedient pets, or else you'll have bigger problems down the line. Too true. Arf, arf.

I don't think they've actually been named in the show, and it's well past time too.

I agree... I don't understand why they would leave off their names - it was such an important part of the symbolism of them in the books and it also gave them more 'sentient' realism rather than just creatures or monsters or pets.

Archived