Vikings 3: Eye-Stabbing as a means of social mobility

Talleyrand

Now, back to Wardruna.

I think the song actually during the feast, and the only I think that was actually part of the scenery, and not just background, is called Gibu.

But I have no idea what song was used at the end.

Yep Gibu. It has verses of the Havamal in it (in Old Norse) and its gr9.

Uhhh i dont remember the end song right now.

Ha haaaaaa, I have two feline furbabies, with one a twenty pound Maine Coon, and all they pull is nothing.

I remember reading as kid that the Vikings were fond of cats, and thought it surprising, but loved both Lagerthas big boy and Tommens Ser Pounce. :)

Hehe. I have a giant Maine Coon too. Maine Coon Mamas Unite! :cheers:

Cats were hella useful for routing vermin and there was plenty of vermin needed to be removed.

[slow handclap] Floki, Floki, Floki!

I love how everyone is back on Team Floki.

I never left. I actually thought he was gonna go rogue (like the Loki of myth) but then he swung back to Team Ragnar/Bjorn.

"Why do you think i am not a trustworthy person?" /Floki voice

This has to be mentioned here.

Aahahah aawww how cute!

Wow, such great finale... Truly amazing... I will miss Vikings for 9 long months...

It is so funny how everybody thought that between Siggy and Floki, Siggy was the betrayer... I thought vice versa... Good to be wrong, though...

Mushrooms were weird... When I saw Rollo walking and that guy (so bad with these names) apparently dead, I was WTF...

Lastly, liked Lagertha/Aslaug's moment... It was like "our children are in danger"... Because of that scene, I never though Horric will surprise anyone.

Truly amazing. And Floki just grew a bit to my heart

It is so funny how everybody thought that between Siggy and Floki, Siggy was the betrayer... I thought vice versa... Good to be wrong, though...

Pretty sure people thought Floki was the one gonna go Team Horik. Siggy wants Rollo to be King Shit someday. Thats her goal. Thor's Foreshadowing Anvil says: Maybe!

Truly amazing. And Floki just grew a bit to my heart

;) Good. This is good news. It is also a good idea to keep an eye on him, cuz i do not think Floki's anger and resentment for Athelstan and Christianity has gone anywhere. We just now know he doesnt want to murder everyone in their beds.

At first I thought Floki was giving Rollo the gift of mercy. The second time around, I decided he's practicing an oddly non-Viking kind of forgiveness. As much as Floki dislikes Athelstan for his Christianity, the two have a lot in common.

Such a good ending, wonder why he spared the oldest son when they got rid of all the younger ones. Must be an honor thing.

Good fight between Lagertha and the queen.

ETA: the moment where Siggy hands Ragnar the dagger.

Well... Horik had a bad day.

Lol! A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Such a good ending, wonder why he spared the oldest son when they got rid of all the younger ones. Must be an honor thing.

Pretty sure they killed that kid. He was led away at spear point so its likely he got skewered. Mini-Horikabob.

I love how you have Warduna in your sig!

Were all those dead kids Bjorn found King Horik's? Most of the kids just blend together for me.

Yes, they were.

Did anyone else think something was up when Ragnar wouldn't finish the prayer? Belive it or not, that is when I really started thinking things were beginning to go off the rails for Horrik.

At that point I knew Ragnar knew. I am not sure why that triggered that thought for me though.

Absolutely amazing finale! I completely fell for Floki going over to Horik. So glad I was wrong. This episode really blew me away, and considering my favs (Rollo & Lagertha) didn't even really feature in it much im pretty impressed. This is definitely one of the best shows on tv imo. I can't wait for next season!

;) Good. This is good news. It is also a good idea to keep an eye on him, cuz i do not think Floki's anger and resentment for Athelstan and Christianity has gone anywhere. We just now know he doesnt want to murder everyone in their beds.

I do also think that Floki's resentment for Athelstan is not gone... I am looking forward to see how things are going to revolve between Ragnar and English Kings.

Also, last scene took my breathe away... You could have felt the awesomeness of the moment.

Wow. That was an action-y episode.

In the beginning in that weird scene with Helga, Floki was acting even stranger than he usually does. He was more terrified than happy about his little daughter. I absolutely thought he was betraying Ragnar then and was sending her away because it was too dangerous in the village. (Which of course it was.) I am happy I was wrong now. And yes, I also started liking Floki a bit. :P

Horik's people must be a bit stupid, no? Thorsten was laying there pretending to be dead, and nobody thought of checking if he actually was? Like he was still breathing?

I also cannot understand who had the chance to kill Horik's daughters in the bedroom. Lagertha comes to the bedroom, they are still alive, a warrior comes with orders from Ragnar, they leave and the girls are still alive then. Lagertha comes (directly?) to the great hall, by which moment everybody else important is already there, hiding in the shadows. Who had a chance to kill them then? Was there a time gap before Bjorn comes to see them dead? I suppose it does not really matter. :wacko: I really feel sorry for Horik's younger children, his "many daughters".

Thorunn - it is good that she is trying to prove a point and be a good shieldmaiden and all, but sometimes she looks like she cannot make up her mind. I still like her every episode more.

*obligatory Athelstan appreciating moment* (although he really did not have all that much to do this time)

There was a deleted scene for those of us not in the US - I have to go to work now, but I saw it on a tumblr.

There's a shot of Ragnar in bed with Aslaug... and Lagertha. So. He does he get his dream fulfilled it seems xD

It was not bad, but nothing to call home about either. Honestly, it has always been crystal clear that Ragnar will come out on the top and nothing much else happened. The only thing that surprised me was that neither Floki or Siggy turned betrayer (I was sort of hoping for Floki because his antics have annoyed me since day one, but what can I do).

Thorunn... still wants to become a shieldmaiden. I wonder if we will truly witness her willowy self on the battlefield, beating ass of huge, well-muscled guys. I sure hope not.

So, is it Angerboda? Poor kid. I guess Sigyn would be too similar to Siggy.

Jesus at the party was a good one, though. lol

I also cannot understand who had the chance to kill Horik's daughters in the bedroom. Lagertha comes to the bedroom, they are still alive, a warrior comes with orders from Ragnar, they leave and the girls are still alive then. Lagertha comes (directly?) to the great hall, by which moment everybody else important is already there, hiding in the shadows. Who had a chance to kill them then? Was there a time gap before Bjorn comes to see them dead? I suppose it does not really matter. :wacko: I really feel sorry for Horik's younger children, his "many daughters".

The warrior doesn't come with orders from Ragnar for Lagertha. He tells her that she best leave because he has orders from Ragnar. Then when Lagertha walks away the warrior stays and is the one who does the deed.

Pretty sure they killed that kid. He was led away at spear point so its likely he got skewered. Mini-Horikabob.

I love how you have Warduna in your sig!

IDK, I think they would have made it clear if they had killed him and they would have done it in front of Horik before they killed him to rub it in his face. Maybe they have plans for him but we'll have to wait for next season to get confirmation.

What a hell of an episode.

Entirely predictable, but really enjoyable in its fanservice.

The only thing that bothers me is that, although Horik is a really stupid guy, I still find it difficult to believe that even the most stupid guy in Earth would attack someone knowing that this enemy has his entire family at his mercy.

Well when Floki named his daughter, Angrboda, i got a little freaked. Cuz...yeah. But he ended up pulling through like a fucking bawss. I knew Siggy wouldnt do it cuz she just cant do that to the people who, despite knocking her down, helped her get back up. That and she knows what its like to lose her children. She wouldnt put someone else through that.

As for Bjorn and Þorrun, well i think she was just trying to be all tough. She wants to be a badass like Lagertha so she taunts Bjorn into fighting. But of course they end up knockin' boots. Floki's all peeping. "Sorry to interrupt, but something hella important is gonna go down." Talk about a moment killer. Hue

Horik's son is probably toast. The other sons of his were. D: Bjorn taking hold of that sword. ALL HAIL THE FORESHADOWING ANVIL!

You did indeed call it!

That was one suspenseful, tight-tensioned finale. Woo. I just never knew how to call it. And usually I'm more than excellent at these things. Which is why I love this show -- I don't know! They surprise me, and almost always in good ways.

As Florina Laufeyson said above, that Floki named his daughter Angrboda -- I then thought it was all over, that Floki honestly was on the dark side; then giving Rollo the mushroom (what was that about?), Torstein's mushroom poisoning and death -- I thought, and wondered why Rollo hadn't died -- not knowing that Bjorn and Porunn weren't killed by him -- yowza. Floki and Ragnar sure did play a loooooooooooooong game, and they played it so well. The thing is, we've seen how very cunning Ragnar is, and his capacity for the waiting game as part of his long game -- which is why Horik lost that battle last week, because unlike Ragnar he could not wait -- that we believe with no trouble at all that the seeming duplicity was Ragnar's strategy all along. I keep thinking Ragnar's determination to learn about Christian practices, even a prayer, is part of his determination to learn other languages too, so he doesn't need an interpreter, but I'm not sure. By the way is Floki's disdain for Athelstan real or was that part of the game too? Athelstan fought again, and was there, with the whole Ragnar family in the Hall where Horik's world ends.

As soon as Horik's family arrived at Kattegatt I knew the king's plot was about to boil. Those two ships of warriors arrived in the storm, and my heart stopped.

When I saw the whole Ragnar family, minus poor Rollo (did he live? I couldn't tell) standing inside the Great Hall together, even Siggy, I finally relaxed. Then the tension built up another way again -- what else was going to happen beyond Horik getting his? Who else? His queen was dead already.

I didn't think they would kill Horik's young children though, and it seemed they would not. Who did kill them exactly? But Horik and his queen were looking forward to murdering all of Ragnar, Lagertha and Aslaug's children, so he reaped what he sowed. I kind of did think Siggy wouldn't do it at that point he gave her the dagger, because, well, I was sure I saw in her eyes that she hated and despised Horik for how he'd humiliated her -- nor did she believe he'd marry her -- and -- she'd be only second wife. . Do you think she was part of this long game of Ragnar and Floki's, deliberately setting herself at Horik to learn how trustworthy - untrustworthy he was? Or was this just part of Siggy's attempt to figure out her new life? I kept thinking of that scene some episodes back, when she'd been talking - plotting with Horik at a feast, and the asks Floki if he can keep a secret, and he insisted he could not, while you knew he knew what she'd been on about with Horik.

You think Horik's oldest was saved for the blood eagle, or even for what Floki said he'd do to the person who had poisoned Torstein?

The combat between Eorl Lagertha and Queen Gudrun -- is that her name -- was terrifying in Lagertha's cold, icy fury. The actress does this so convincingly -- not every actress could pull that out of her, one thinks (I don't know, of course -- but just for instance, say -- Jennifer Lawrence can / could if necessary, but Lena Headey cannot -- she manages super whine bitch fine, but this, she cannot).

So, we conclude the season with Bjorn taking up the mystical sword (where did that come from?) and Ragnar looking filled with years -- a changing of the guard?

Great finale -- terrific season!

I have hope next year's will be this good too.

I also just loved that short bit on the beach of Lagertha and Aslaug, as the storm is starting to rage, and Aslaug says, "The gods are coming." Those two were planning something, I was sure. Yum! Oooo, I so like women like them. :)

If they only get rid of sex-crazy Princess next season, or have her fall on her head or something and get sane, then I'll be entirely satisfied.

Oh, and Ragnar smashing Horik's head in even after he was already dead was ... unnecessary? Kind of disgusting too. I surely was not on Ragnar's side, just for that moment. They stabbed him multiple times, Ragnar finishes him off - fine. But ... :ack: It is sometimes necessary to display that Ragnar is kind of crazy too.

The warrior doesn't come with orders from Ragnar for Lagertha. He tells her that she best leave because he has orders from Ragnar. Then when Lagertha walks away the warrior stays and is the one who does the deed.

Oh, right, thanks. I assumed the order was that both of them go to the hall.

I'm sure Angrboða ('bringer of grief') will be the sunshine in Floki's life.

I am sure she will. :wub:

He still looked absolutely terrified the first time he held her though.

Archived