[Book Spoilers] EP403 Discussion

Ran

OK, since I am too tired of writing an actual post, I will do it through short notes:

1. St. Tyrion of House Whitewashing :ack: :ack: :ack:

2. Kingslayer, child attempt murderer, sister-f***er, kinslayer... And now rapist... God, even Ramsay has better track record than TV Jaime :ack: :ack: :ack: :ack:

3. Daario "expendable" Naharis

4. Long live the new King... Not cute child we all love, but good enough. Nice conversation with Tywin

5. Didn't Hound say something about not stealing in premiere this season? God, people change fast...

All and all, meh... Nothing special... Ending was nice, building up momentum for next episode

Edited by Mladen

I guess the Queen must have thought that Sansa should go to her aunt's with her devoted friend. I hope she was tricked by Littlefinger's acting rather than send her off knowing how he felt about Sansa. I thought that the QoT had come to like Sansa in earnest.

I guess the Queen must have thought that Sansa should go to her aunt's with her devoted friend. I hope she was tricked by Littlefinger's acting rather than send her off knowing how he felt about Sansa. I thought that the QoT had come to like Sansa in earnest.

Or else she planned to throw Sansa to the lions but LF secretly asked Dontos to get her out.

That explains why he killed Dontos, it would have been a fruitless move if the QoT knew where she was anyway.

Or else she planned to throw Sansa to the lions but LF secretly asked Dontos to get her out.

That explains why he killed Dontos, it would have been a fruitless move if the QoT knew where she was anyway.

But how could she pin Sansa as the killer? Plus, how would pinning Sansa for the murder have benefited the QoT?

Wow that was different! Yesterday I didn't think they needed Shae for a trial. Now I'm thinking they aren't going to even have a trial and go straight to trial by combat. Tywin gets rid of Tyrion and Oberyn ( he hopes) or at worst gets rid of a The Mountain and gives Dorne an out ( which they might not be satisfied with). The battle with Meereen's champion was probably a lot better for nonbookreaders. It's too bad they ditched Belwas - he was useful in these little ways. The whole lead up to the battle at the Wall is boring. This wasn't a great episode and I'm particularly offended by the rape which wasn't necessary. Still awesome scenery. It was nice to see Carcetti, I mean LF, again. I was also annoyed he snarfed up the necklace. The poison hairnet's fate was never spelled out. It was last seen in Sansa's possession with remaining stones...or possibly more poison

Edited by rmholt

Jaime/Cersei scene, its squicky as all hell regardless how you cut the mustard. And its a hatefuck on top of it. He really is beginning to loathe Cersei in a way. Its a very grim way of showing it too. It makes the scene all the more uncomfortable as it should be. Cersei is obviously objecting because of where they are. Cuz come on...Its not "No i dont want to screw" as much as "No i dont want to screw here." The scene was really just dueagh. Even if she was not protesting too much, it would still be dueagh.

And they missed a golden opportunity to have Joffrey's corpse fall on them during it.

I haven't had time to read the thread so I'll just post my initial observations:

The good:

- Sophie Turner is wonderful.

- Gilly and Sam are adorable.

- I kind of liked the Meeren stuff.

The bad:

- I'm so glad we got back to Littlefinger's brothel (aka the most important location in Westeros)... I mean it had been a whole episode. :stillsick: Well, at least this time we got some male nudity. On the other hand, at least that dude got some lines that showed an actual point of view; the naked women (there and in mole's town) were still just decorative objects.

- Jaime raping Cersei... WTF?!?!???

Wow that was different! Yesterday I didn't think they needed Shae for a trial. Now I'm thinking they aren't going to even have a trial and go straight to trial by combat.

We just saw Tywin arranging the trial and the season trailer shows Cersei giving evidence and Tyrion walking into a hall in chains.

I normally dont care much for Dany scenes, but i really enjoyed this one. Clarke really does shine with ham and action. New!Daario is shaping up to be pretty good and hes a lot quicker on the draw with his lines. (he still has his naked lady hilts btw. I looked.) That whole scene was just really fun and im really excited to see how the Ghiscari are portrayed. I cant wait to meet the Shavepate. I think we got our first look at Hizdahr. There was a man who was very prominent in the scenes, staring down from the city walls.

And they missed a golden opportunity to have Joffrey's corpse fall on them during it.

Omg i so thought that was gonna happen! D: The whole scene is just...

Strong Belwas broke the horse's leg, allowed his enemy to risk his belly just for the scar, killed the man, took a shit upon his face, wipe his ass with the dead defiant cloak, killed the fucking horse, went back smiling and saying something funny. Dont fucking daario expendable me.

Edited by joaozinm

Lolz, I'm surprised they didn't think of that! It's not the most comfortable scene in the books. Twincest in a church next to a twincest kid. At least in the book it was consensual. Watching it for a second time I think they might not have meant to make it come across as rapey as it was. But I was watching with an unsullied and I was commenting on how it was coming across as rapeyer than in the book and she just said "looks like rape to me". They seem to do whatever they can to turn people off to the series sometimes.

If they were sensible they would have stuck with frigid Cersei as they had in the first episode. Just not dwell on the twincest beyond what was necessary, as the first episode of the series with Bran is. It's mind boggling that they not only stuck with the scene, but made it more worse than it is in the books.

Edited by Zman1863

Well I didn't watch the trailer closely enough then. Tywin's convo sounds like he's fixing the trial to go to combat, which could have happened in the book, tho it was presented as Oberyns idea. They are taunting us that Shaw might still be around. If Tyrion demands combat early they don't need a trial, or Shae. They might use her and we are being teased, and they might have a full trial but they don't need to now that the trial by combat is pre arranged. It would just piss me to see TV Shae do a left turn and become Book Shae after they worked so hard to make the characters so different.

Watching it for a second time I think they might not have meant to make it come across as rapey as it was.

Really dont think that was the intention either. Like, i think it was supposed to be "No no i dont want it here cuz reason." "Too bad." "But reasons omg.." "i dont care." "ohhhhhhh~" I think that was supposed to be the intent but it comes off like....well yeah.

It's a mistake to have that whole scene with Bronn training Jaime last week. Then poof, that plot is already gone.

I am kind of secretly glad that "Jaime's arc" has been short circuited. Some people have been going on and on about that for ages.

Wilding raid was the most brutal thing this episode. Did they show the kid at Castle Black afterward?