Karl Tanner and Locke Appreciation thread (Show Spoilers)

Why didn't he suspect that Jojen was Rickon? Why didn't he just squeeze Bran while he was tied up?

Locke knows that Bran and Rickon have separated because, unlike Jon, Locke has read the books.

Why didn't he suspect that Jojen was Rickon? Why didn't he just squeeze Bran while he was tied up?

Everyone in the north would know the birth order of the Lord Paramount (briefly royal) family.

Even if Locke doesn't know what Rickon looks like (and he wouldn't) he would know that Jojen is clearly too old to be Rickon.

Why did Jon leave without finding Rast? Wasn't the purpose of the whole mission to prevent any mutineers from talking to the wildlings, not to mention to avenge the old commander's death?

Rast killed the old guy, and Jon doesn't know Ghost killed him. So his mission should have been considered a failure!

Why didn't Locke just kill Bran?

Also, why didn't he assume Jojen wasn't Rickon Stark?

He should have just killed all of them and be done with it.

Where was he going to carry Bran? All the way to the Wall? Doesn't make sense. :unsure:

Jojen is way too old to be Rickon. I naturally assumed by taking Bran alive he would question him intensely about Rickon and then kill him.

Assuming there is enough left of Rast to become a wight. I doubt they were feeding him very well in that cage.

Rast certainly would have been marbled. Try some crow.

I honestly hope we get more Villains throughout the rest of the series like Karl, he was one of my favorites, I don't know if you would consider Littlefinger a villains although the stuff he has done throughout the series would make it assume that he is. If he is considered one then he is my favorite but Karl was a good little bad guy as well. He was a FOOKIN legend guys

He was probably informed first, by Roose and Ramsay. He seems to be a smart guy, sorta "who are these kids I have to kill? How do they look like?".

BTW, Locke is the second "invented" character to go. First was Ros. Who's next? Myranda? Olyvar?

This.

Since the show has no easy way to let the viewers know that warging a fellow human is a huge no-no for wargs, they have to illustrate it in some way. And I think this works very well in that regard, even when it's obviously not as clear as it was in ADwD's prologue.

Well he also wargs Hodor when they have to get away from the whites in book 5.....I wonder if we'll see him do it again ....

I don't mind the legend of Gin Alley, the actor played it well, but I thought he was on sceen too much, and as a completely filling-time arc, I thought this wasn't that useful.

As for Locke, I could never like a guy who cut Jaime's hand, even though missing his sword hand made him a better person.

Archived