[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

I love the little details extracted directly from the books in several scenes, like the lemons to make lemon pie and, more exciting for me, I think that in that very same scene where Sansa is talkin with Lysa and eating lemon pie they're drinking what I think is Arbor Gold.... That made me very happy :D

I really love the little connections that the show makes between characters, that tie them together despite their distance. For instance, in this episode both Arya and Jon are taught a lesson about 'fighting fair'.

- Everything at the Eyrie was amazing : Lysa deliciously bat-shit insane, Sansa subtly manipulating her, Petyr's faces and Sansa's reaction to that

- Cersei buttering up the judges.

- How everyone cheered for Tommen not being Joffrey basically.

- Arya and The Hound finally getting out of the comedy routine for some serious, relevant stuff (mostly)

- Brienne and Pod kind of replacing them I guess, but with some bonding as well.

- Stuff at Craster's was better than last week ; enjoyed the women standing up for themselves.

- Jon and Ghost reunion

- Everything Jojen : amazing acting here.

I loved the knife play by Karl, especially him knocking the knives together while advancing on Jon. Very menacing and flashy, exactly like my imagination tells me a King's Landing assassin would have taught himself to fight.

For some reason the actress playing Brienne has really captivated me. I just love her scenes, all of them. She looks quite different than I had imagined her in the books, but the actress does a perfect job portraying the earnestness and fundamental goodness of Brienne. Awesome stuff.

I thought the vision we got of the Bloody Gate was fantastic. I can see how an army trying to take that would just throw their hands up in the air and say 'fuck it, let's go home'.

One great moment with Kate Dickie (Lysa) among many great moments in this episode is the way that she gives Sansa that sweet, fake smile when she holds Sansa's face, and once she's hugging Sansa and her face is hidden from Sansa, she drops the smile immediately. Fabulous.

Also loved the plummy accent and great voice of the High Septon performing the coronation ceremony. "Long may he reign!" never sounded so good.

I loved the knife play by Karl, especially him knocking the knives together while advancing on Jon. Very menacing and flashy, exactly like my imagination tells me a King's Landing assassin would have taught himself to fight.

For some reason the actress playing Brienne has really captivated me. I just love her scenes, all of them. She looks quite different than I had imagined her in the books, but the actress does a perfect job portraying the earnestness and fundamental goodness of Brienne. Awesome stuff.

I thought the vision we got of the Bloody Gate was fantastic. I can see how an army trying to take that would just throw their hands up in the air and say 'fuck it, let's go home'.

Gwendoline is perfect. It is known.

I liked both scenes between Lysa and Sansa esp. the lemon cake one where Sansa put Hound/ Baleish and her words to Margery about liars and stupid girl to her aunt to get out of that torture.

One great moment with Kate Dickie (Lysa) among many great moments in this episode is the way that she gives Sansa that sweet, fake smile when she holds Sansa's face, and once she's hugging Sansa and her face is hidden from Sansa, she drops the smile immediately. Fabulous.

Also loved the plummy accent and great voice of the High Septon performing the coronation ceremony. "Long may he reign!" never sounded so good.

My wife caught that quickly also.

Liked the Cersei, Margery head screwing.

Really, really liked Lysa Sansa and Petyr dance, Lysa all sweet to her own flesh and blood and as she hugs her the daggers are shown from Sansa's backside, and Sansa redoing the lines from speacking with Baleish and Margery to get herself out of a bad situation.

I thought I was the only one who picked up on the Jojen nod to Bran, liked it but really felt bad for Hodor; but they had to save themselves some how.

Rast, Karl and Locke ( though I wished Locke lasted a bit longer ) loved their deaths.

Arya's water dance was nice to see.

I chuckled over Pod, and Robin letting the little bird fly.

Danny stuff was ok, KL was far better

Archived