[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

I love how uncomfortable Lysa's crazy makes you when you watch it. She just makes ya squirm in yer seat like "eeehhhh...omg..." Shes intense. Sweetrobin's trying to impress Sansa is just weirdly adorable.

Yes. You get the impression just about ANYTHING can set her off. Good thing Sansa's got plenty experience in walking on eggshells and not saying the wrong thing, cuz that's apparently still an Important Survival Skill where she's living. The swing from "I AM GOING TO BREAK YOUR FUCKING HANDS" to gently cradling Sansa's head was wonderfully quick.

Also on the Sansa front: Sophie's exasperated "are you fucking serious with this shit?" look when she's unable to sleep because of Auntie's O-Voice. This was a particular scene I was really looking forward to, and once again the show has absolutely delivered on one of my Most Anticipated Scenes. Bravo.

Cersei trying to butter up the various judges, first using Margaery to butter up Mace, then pretending compliance with Tywin, then her scenes with Oberyn.

Brienne and Pod were hilarious.

Sophie Turner's acting as Sansa.

Arya and the Hound.

Yes. You get the impression just about ANYTHING can set her off. Good thing Sansa's got plenty experience in walking on eggshells and not saying the wrong thing, cuz that's apparently still an Important Survival Skill where she's living. The swing from "I AM GOING TO BREAK YOUR FUCKING HANDS" to gently cradling Sansa's head was wonderfully quick.

Also on the Sansa front: Sophie's exasperated "are you fucking serious with this shit?" look when she's unable to sleep because of Auntie's O-Voice. This was a particular scene I was really looking forward to, and once again the show has absolutely delivered on one of my Most Anticipated Scenes. Bravo.

Hue! I was shocked that they even included that. When i realized what was going on, i just died laughing. My mother was all "umm..." cuz mental image of Littlefinger and Lysa naked is just..looool. Ill be honest, i was a wee bit nervous that HBO would show full on Lysa/LF action. So glad they didnt. Im loving how Sweetrobin is already trying to show off for Sansa. A nice clue!

I love how uncomfortable Lysa's crazy makes you when you watch it. She just makes ya squirm in yer seat like "eeehhhh...omg..." Shes intense. Sweetrobin's trying to impress Sansa is just weirdly adorable.

This. The Vale scenes made the episode.

I want to shout my love for Sophie Turner from every rooftop in King's Landing.

It's like we're attached at the hip tonight! I don't even have to comment. You've pretty much summed up everything I think/feel tonight (in every thread).

Also...the kid who plays Jojen. WOW! Knocked it out of the PARK tonight! I was BEYOND impressed. :bowdown:

And Jon killing Karl....my brother and I were :drool: about that one. "Epic" only scratches the surface of what THAT was.

Sweetrobin cheerfully tossing Petyr's gift out the Moon Door was so perfect. I can't even...that was amazing.

Oh my god, I hadn't even noticed that! That is brilliant!

Just didn't understand this resigned Cersei. Accepting Margery and Tommen's wedding, and hers with Loras? There must be something up...

I still stand by the believe that half the things Cersei says on the show (including her story about her baby with Robert) are lies she tells in order to manipulate people.

As for this episode, I really loved:

- Cersei unsuccessfully goating Margaery into ditching the demure, mourning widow disguise

- Missandei and Greyworm

- Daario being Daario (and getting chewed out for it)

- all the truth about Astapor and Yunkai being included, showing how flawed Dany's approach is so far

- Petyr lampshading the hairshade and his introduction of Alayne. At first I thought introducing her as his niece was stupid, but now that he has married Lysa, it's as actually closer to the truth (technically, Sansa is his niece now) and the closer a lie is to the truth, the harder it is to spot

- Katie being a wonderful Lysa - she was born to play this role

- Lysa's look when Robin said "they killed my father, too"

- Petyr's face when he sees the septon and Lysa's screaming (actually helped me cheer up my crying roommate, so double win here)

- the reveal that the Lannisters are out of gold made me go whoaaa

- Sandor's entire convo with Arya in which he once more robbed her of any and all unrealistic approaches to the world

- Walder Frey is in Arya's prayer :devil:

- how quickly the convo between Lysa and Sansa changed from nice to hostile and back to nice

- Pod doesn't know how to handle his horse... I'm not even gonna go there

- The hound teaching Arya, though I guess Syrio really did die after all :frown5:

- Convo between Oberyn and Cersei - does this mean that all the sand snakes are in?

- Brienne's look of desperation at seeing the burning rabbit was priceless

- "help me with these straps" - dawww

- Jojen's burning hand - death by fire?

- Locke steering Jon away from Bran with a very good excuse

- I love to hate Karl

- Bran warging Hodor and poor Hodor's reaction after he kills Locke

- one of Craster's wives stabbing Karl

- Rast becoming Ghost chow

- Ghost's reunion with Jon hit me right in the feels

- the burning of the keep

Loved Jojen this time around! Thomas Brodie-Sangster was amazing in his delivery tonight. I also thought it was great seeing Hodor do something other than push a cart or carry Bran, and Kristian Nairn (sp?) did exceptionally well getting Hodor's horror and reluctance across without any dialogue.

Some time ago, someone on the forums joked about the preview of Sansa lying in her chamber sleepless means she hears her aunt and Petyr making love. I laughed so hard as this turned out to be true!

I most liked the skirmish at Crasters on this episode. All there got, what they deserved. Anyone think, THAT scene was Jon driving his sword through Karls mouth?

And last: At the crowining ceremony there was a old man wearing a Lannister armor in the crowd and he later was shown again speaking with Mace Tyrell. Someone else thinks, this was indeed Kevan Lannister? I would love to see him back in action after they had most of his storyline cut.

Everything with Lysa. Everything. She's so perfect. It blew me away. The entire Eyrie section, really.

Sweetrobin being Sweetrobin. He's so obnoxious, I love it.

Petyr's face when dealing with Lysa saying "let's get married now" and seeing her bring in the Septon.

Sword through the mouth was wonderfully brutal.

Meryn fucking Trant.

I ended up liking the episode more than I thought.

• Jon and Karl's fight, easily my favourite of the series thus far. Loved that one of Craster's wives stabbed him in the back as justice

Longclaw through Karl's head mirroring Pod's description of his first kill (seriously, how brutally awesome was that death?).

Pod and Brienne. I was sad to see the end of Jaime and Brienne's interactions for now, but this is shaping up to be just as good. Adorable and charming.

Cersei's trying to manipulate all three judges.

... And the veiled bitch-fight between her and Marg.

King Tommen! Long may he reign!

The Sandsnakes exist!

Talk of Myrcella, and Cersei's worry for her.

Jojen's greendreams. Loved it.

I knew there would be SOME of Oberyn's daughters, but im surprised they adapted all 8 to the screen.

I was grinning like mad when Tywin told Cersei about basically being broke.

Lysa was responsible for Jon Arryn's death, just like the books.

For some strange reason, Craster's woman saying that they'd been beaten by Craster, beaten by the Black Brothers and they'd be fine in finding their own way. Then she spits on the ground and tells them to burn the keep and the dead. Just .... wow. That was such a moving scene, for me. I loved it.

My second fave scene was Arya poking Sandor in the chest with Needle. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression, then hers. Until he hit her, of course. Then I was very :angry2: .

Mace Tyrell all happy and excited in the background during Tommen's coronation.

He is so adorable goofy. "Son, daughter! Look what I did! Isn't this awesome? It's totally awesome, right?"

All the while Loras has his "plz kill me now" face on (he was also the last one to applaud after Tommen being proclaimed) and Marg is busy holding eyecontact with Tommen.

For some strange reason, Craster's woman saying that they'd been beaten by Craster, beaten by the Black Brothers and they'd be fine in finding their own way. Then she spits on the ground and tells them to burn the keep and the dead. Just .... wow. That was such a moving scene, for me. I loved it.

My second fave scene was Arya poking Sandor in the chest with Needle. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression, then hers. Until he hit her, of course. Then I was very :angry2: .

The second was a very deep scene for me. For multiple reasons.

Sandor points out how unskilled Arya truly is. THe Braavosi way of fighting may all be well, but a war is different from say a duel. Also you have to be pragmatic (the armour).

Then him slapping her is a wake-up call, the world is harsh and does not give a fuck if she is a girl or of nobility, harsher men then Sandor exist and they will kill her (matter of fact almost every other soldier in Westeros would have killed her after she tried to poke Sandor).

Archived