[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

What did you love about this episode? From the smallest background detail to an obvious character moment, everything is fair game! This is a hate-free zone to shamelessly gush over everything you love about the series. NO PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE NEGATIVITY OR BACKHANDED COMPLIMENTS.

And, for the love of the Mother, remember..

NO SPOILERS MEANS NO SPOILERS

- no hinting

- no predictions

- no vague statements

(UNLESS IT IS UNDER A SPOILER TAG)

This is an oasis of love and fangirling/fanboying/fanpersoning.

I'm gonna kickstart this bad boy off by saying THOMAS BRODIE-SANGSTER'S ACTING.

I was just crazy for him this week. When he was telling Karl how he saw him die, his voice got so low and dark. His eyes were lethal and he was just so pissed off.

And on the complete flipside, he has also been showing that he is getting weaker and sicker without it being spelled out for us.

AND, finally, the far-away sort of quality to his voice and expression when he's greenseeing (is that a real term?). The Sight is some heavy shit for a young man to deal with, and I think he shows the weight of it very, very plainly and honestly.

On that same train of thought, him seeing his hand burning and answering, "You'll know" was cool and ominous and creepy as fuck. The dark tone to Bran & Co's storyline is one of my favorite things of the show at the moment.

Pod burning that rabbit was very funny. I'm lovin' the Brienne and Pod interactions.

I also love the mention of the Sand Snakes!!

The show's ability to make me laugh out loud in between scenes that are so tense I want to throw up is just magical and wonderful. The poor boy stomping on the rabbit! I have such a soft spot for these two. Their scenes are so cute.

I have to hand it to Thomas Brodie-Sangster : him and Sophie Turner stole the episode !

We know Jojen is sick and we know he saw his death without it being told straight away by the show ! And he delivered his speech to Karl perfectly !

I loved the mention of the Sand Snakes as well !

Everything in the Vale was AMAZING

Sand Snakes!

Myrcella exists!

Syrio Forell mention!

Cersei working that jury!

I loved the Craster's Keep scene. You know why? People that haven't read the books ACTUALLY LIKE JON NOW. It worked!

Sweetrobin cheerfully tossing Petyr's gift out the Moon Door was so perfect. I can't even...that was amazing.

There are some small moments or short lines that completely summarize the characters without being glaringly obvious or heavy-handed and I think this was definitely one of them. It was awesome.

Mace Tyrell all happy and excited in the background during Tommen's coronation

Sophie and Thomas' acting

Sweetrobin cheerfully tossing Petyr's gift out the Moon Door was so perfect. I can't even...that was amazing.

LOL, yeah, literally one minute after Petyr gave it to him. That's Robin in a nutshell

There are some small moments or short lines that completely summarize the characters without being glaringly obvious or heavy-handed and I think this was definitely one of them. It was awesome.

Yes! Exactly. I can't even articulate how elegantly that little moment captured Sweetrobin's character. That's pretty much all you need to know right there.

Tommen making cute googly eyes at Marg. "Yer my BEST friend! My best friend!"

Sand Snakes got mentioned! Woop! Oberyn being more than a lovable sex maniac.

Eyrie. All of it. I missed Lysa's nuttiness. Robin tossing the glass birdy out the Moon Door in order to show off for Sansa. Lysa trying to eat Littlefinger...oh man. Lysa making noises made me fucking roar. Sansa's all "omg...really? Really?" I liked how she didnt look prudish about it, just annoyed.

Sansa's expression when Lysa drops the bomb about her marrying Sweetrobin. It was like "You are fucking kidding me..."

Dany's expression when she realizes she done fucked up. Nice to see her in a change of clothes too.

Arya's list.

Pod the Bunny Cooker. I think im going to enjoy the Pod/Brienne scenes a lot.

Jon being a badass. Good gods he looks great in that black without the cape. :drool:

Jojen being awesome. In your face, Jojenpaste!!! And Hodor Smash! I loved how Locke got Hodor'd.

Karl being really dangerous.

The girls of Craster's Keep fighting back.

Longclaw through Karl's dome and Ghost finally getting to gnaw on someone's dome. Rast had it coming. He was mean to Ghost.

Pod and Brienne - my favorite new pairing. Very much looking forward to more of them. Hopefully Pod learns to control that horse.

Hodor hodoring it up. I cheered. So happy that Hodor finally got to do something other than push Bran around in his cart.

Jon is a boss. He is bringing it this season. His showdown with Karl was satisfying. So happy to see Jon and Ghost back together again.

Arya's water dancing. That was lovely to watch. And the Hound just made it better. Plus, Syrio mention - made me hopeful that maybe the First Sword of Braavos made it out alive after all.

Lysa, Lysa, Lysa. One second she's a loving wife, mother, and aunt, and the next second she's Satan. Just fabulous.

I hope they show more Lysa craziness before she goes flying.

Locke gave a completely plausible cover story (or at least, one that the NW rangers could find plausible) to lead Jon away from where Bran was being kept. And Bran chose his own path, away from Jon. Reunion Avoided without making it look like either party was a moron for doing so/too much contrivance.

Hodor's staring at his hands and terrified whimpering after Bran left and he realized that he had killed Locke was great, too. And his hesitation/initial refusal to follow Bran's orders after that. Really effective emoting by Nairn, speaking to the audience without true dialogue (as must be the case with Hodor).

Archived