[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

shiola

The second was a very deep scene for me. For multiple reasons.

Sandor points out how unskilled Arya truly is. THe Braavosi way of fighting may all be well, but a war is different from say a duel. Also you have to be pragmatic (the armour).

Then him slapping her is a wake-up call, the world is harsh and does not give a fuck if she is a girl or of nobility, harsher men then Sandor exist and they will kill her (matter of fact almost every other soldier in Westeros would have killed her after she tried to poke Sandor).

Oh, I understood the scene alright. It's just the sight of a huge man like the Hound slapping a little girl. Just wakes up the mama tiger in me, is all. If nothing else, it underlined why his name is on Arya's 'list'. :P

Oh, I understood the scene alright. It's just the sight of a huge man like the Hound slapping a little girl. Just wakes up the mama tiger in me, is all. If nothing else, it underlined why his name is on Arya's 'list'. :P

I understand. Hurting kids and women doesn't sit well with me either. Which is why I wish a most vicious death on Janos Slynt for how he led the slaughter of those babies.

I really liked seeing Jon from Bran's point of view, knowing full that that's probably the last time he'll see him or any of his family in person.

So did I. Seeing Bran actually crawl towards Jon and yell out his name was quite sad (I actually thought Jon heard him for a second, but unfortunately not).

I'm not sure what else I can add ... some good lists here.

• Parallel between the Hound and Karl mocking a Stark for fancy impractical fighting.
  • That one of Craster's wives knifed Karl - perfect! I think that was the only scene that got an audible cheer from me. And the women making their own way is cool, as absurd as it probably is.
  • Locke looking badass again as a scout.
  • Pod being Pod with the rabbit and the horse. And then how wonderfully he refused to show any pride in killing a Kingsguard, and Brienne's unspoken reaction.
  • Being surprised that both Karl and Locke died this episode. I really thought Locke would linger on as a threat to Bran for a while.
  • The perfect, perfect look of horror on Hodor's face as he tried to figure out what his body had done.
  • Imagining one of the Blood Gate (?) men with arrows pulled back accidentally letting loose and putting an untimely end to all of Littlefinger's plans.
  • Tommen's look of nervousness - I have no idea how the old kid would have worked out, but thus far the new one is doing great.
  • The "WTF?!" moment when Cersei talks to Margaery. And ditto when she talked to Oberyn. I'm not entirely sure where they're going with her, but I like being mystified.
  • Daario looking cocky again.
  • Jojen's gaze at his burning hand.
  • Sansa obviously thinking that Tyrion isn't THAT bad, but she knows this is neither the time nor the place to say so.
  • Oberyn writing a poem to his daughters, and Cersei remarking that he's one of the most feared warriors in the Seven Kingdoms. I'm glad they're bringing forward his Renaissance Man qualities.
  • "Wow Arya - you really are becoming a bit psycho, aren't you?"

Jon making Karl shut up in the most effective way possible.

Nice to be back in The Vale, I love Kate Dickie's portrayal of Loonie Tully. Oh god the screams. It killed me.

Cercei's more subtle intriguing and her genuine longing for her daughter.

Lysa turning up the acting was nice, she and Petyr were good...Sansa didn't do it for me this episode, but Lysa carried it, man she was great.

Sweet...crazy...sweet...crazy....super crazy...nah I'm sweet don't worry...but if you mess with me!

I loved the "Hey bitch stop telling my secrets, here kiss me!" moment. Exactly what I pictured.

Loved Jojen being given some lines, he nailed it, loved the foreshadowing and finally a use for his greensight.

Hodor the gentle giants look of horror at what he was forced to do was so subtle, but so good. It speaks to what he really is and how if he did have "a brain" as it were, nobody could stand against him kind of deal, but it's his simplicity and sweetness that make him who he is.

I had one particular bit that made me laugh. Tyin/Cersei scene

goes something like this

Cersei: we'll have to wait the appropriate mourning time for Tommen to mourn his brother and Marg to mourn her husband

Tywin: A fortnight?

Cersei: That seems reasonable

That had some awesome comic timing in what was a fairly tense and serious scene. SHowing just how mercenary and cold they are. It was just perfect delivery.

I loved just about all of it, but Cersei the Judicial Manipulator was definitely top of my list.

Pod makes me want to hug him and feed him soup.

Oh and Lysa was just perfect.

Archived