Vikings #4, On to Season 3

Black Wolf Smith

Is he even alive still at the time of this story?

Well at some point in Season 2 King Ecbert says something about having visited Charlemagnes court so I it's feasible within the universe at least.

And for what its worth, there really was an overlap in Charlemagne and Ecberts rules, though Ecbert survived Charlemagne by a good 25 years, so it's not exactly a stretch for the real world either.

Is he even alive still at the time of this story?

What time is this? There's characters in this show so far that cover the span of several centuries. Charlemagne died in 814, while the Lindisfarne raid was in 793. Rollo was probably born around the time that Ragnar died, about 50 years after the death of Charlemagne.

What time is this? There's characters in this show so far that cover the span of several centuries. Charlemagne died in 814, while the Lindisfarne raid was in 793. Rollo was probably born around the time that Ragnar died, about 50 years after the death of Charlemagne.

Well, I was thinking more of this:

Well at some point in Season 2 King Ecbert says something about having visited Charlemagnes court so I it's feasible within the universe at least.

And for what its worth, there really was an overlap in Charlemagne and Ecberts rules, though Ecbert survived Charlemagne by a good 25 years, so it's not exactly a stretch for the real world either.

I thought Ecbert visted Charlemagnes court in his youth. I assumed that Charlemagne was an elderly king at that time, so that the show is set in those good 25 years :)

I don't think it's going to be sequels for Vikings persay, I believe that it is going to be the natural progression of the story.

From what Hirst had said in interviews, he wants to continue with the stories of Ragnar's sons after he dies because there is so much good stuff there. How that comes to pass, I don't know. He had also said the won't be anymore big time jumps anytime soon.

You're correct that the continuation of the next generations are not necessarily what are called sequels. :cheers: Have the term in my head, with all the prequelitis and sequelitis on television and in the movies,

Well, I was thinking more of this:

I thought Ecbert visted Charlemagnes court in his youth. I assumed that Charlemagne was an elderly king at that time, so that the show is set in those good 25 years :)

It is possible as Ecbert's brother forced him into exile back in the 780's and Charlemagne was still alive them.

Not that I know this history the way I know the history of the U.S., or more modern history such as the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic eras -- which of course are deeply connected to U.S. history. I look things up though. :) And that's what I saw. :cheers:

Rewatching Season 2 on Amazon Prime via my new Kindle Fire...still holds up, hell if anything it's almost better the second time around. I still think that the first episode should have been the finale of Season 1 instead of the opener of Season 2, but that's really the only complaint I have. If True Detective hadn't aired this would have easily been my favorite show in 2014. Now I'm even more pumped for Season 3.

Rewatching Season 2 on Amazon Prime via my new Kindle Fire...still holds up, hell if anything it's almost better the second time around. I still think that the first episode should have been the finale of Season 1 instead of the opener of Season 2, but that's really the only complaint I have. If True Detective hadn't aired this would have easily been my favorite show in 2014. Now I'm even more pumped for Season 3.

I've said it before but I think this is one show that really benefits from binge watching or watching a second time. You pick up on a lot of subtleties that can be missed the first time around.

Some shows actually worsen with a second watch. Lost springs to mind as one example.

New Season 3 Trailer

Confirmed:

• They're going to France so Rollo is probably going to become Duke of Normandy
  • Meryn Trant is playing a French king who may or may not end up being Charlemagne
  • Athelstan is going to lose his V-Card, if he didn't already at the sacrifice, to that crazy Mercian queen
  • Something is going down between Ecbert and Lagertha? Not sure where that's going

Regardless I'm excited.

New Season 3 Trailer

Confirmed:

• They're going to France so Rollo is probably going to become Duke of Normandy

Meryn Trant is playing a French king who may or may not end up being Charlemagne

Athelstan is going to lose his V-Card, if he didn't already at the sacrifice, to that crazy Mercian queen

Something is going down between Ecbert and Lagertha? Not sure where that's going

Regardless I'm excited.

So much awesome, so little time.

Nah, not that way.

Historically -- no, but on screen? It looks good though.

Finally getting to finish up the rewatch via dvd tonight and tomorrow. Too busy with WORK to have much recreational time. And I wanted to undivided binge time for this.

Archived