Vikings #4, On to Season 3

Black Wolf Smith

Vikings isn't perfect but, it is a compelling story that I am eager to follow every week.. Season 1 was somewhat uneven in plot. The characterization was fantastic with the exception of Earl Haraldson. Season 2 knocked it out of the park. It was my second favorite show, after True Detective. Blood Eagle was the best single episode on TV last year.

Man thats my opinion to a T except I slightly preferred Who Goes There from TD to Blood Eagle. Regardless, yeah Vikings was second only to TD of anything that aired this year imo. Certainly better than Season 4 of GoT or the newest season of Ray Donovan (admittedly kind of a guilty pleasure show for me to begin with but at least Season 1 was fun, I barely even remember Season 2 and I watched the whole thing).

Not enough love for Rollo around here.

I think Clive Standen is just as good, if not better than Travis Fimmel.

Rollo is probably my overall favorite character on the show and Clive owns the role. I'm hoping he'll become more prominent next season, especially since its been teased that Rollo is the First Duke of Normandy Rollo and iirc they said something about filming a scene where they go to France in Season 3.

I've heard from more than a few people that they would watch a show that would be nothing but Athelstan, Lagertha, and Ragnar living together and raising goats. In truth, there are several great characters. But damn, Gustaf Skarsgård steals every scene he is in (and my wife whispers, "there's no way he and Alexander are brothers - it can't be).

I've heard from more than a few people that they would watch a show that would be nothing but Athelstan, Lagertha, and Ragnar living together and raising goats. In truth, there are several great characters. But damn, Gustaf Skarsgård steals every scene he is in (and my wife whispers, "there's no way he and Alexander are brothers - it can't be).

When you see a picture of them together, then you can totally see it. Especially if their dad is in the same photo.

Me and a couple friends were discussing some of our favourite shows of all time and it came to an interesting matchup of GoT, Rome, and Vikings. Rome was overall better.

The first season of Rome is up there with the best television I've ever watched period. The second season is not quite as good, in large part because it was so rushed due to outside circumstances, but it still definitely had its moments. IMO, it kinda works out like...

Rome Season 1 > GoT Season 1 > Vikings Season 2 > Rome Season 2 > GoT Season 2 = Vikings Season 1 > GoT Season 3 = GoT Season 4

Me and a couple friends were discussing some of our favourite shows of all time and it came to an interesting matchup of GoT, Rome, and Vikings. Rome was overall better.

Rome was awesome. I was so sad it was canceled.

As far a pure dialog goes, noting beats Justified. That's my third favorite show still on tv. I am hoping the next True Detective is as good as last year. Vikings looks like it's gong to be fun, the last season of Justified (sob) and Person of Interest is heating up. Lots of TV goodness to look forward to.

I'd have to agree If you are talking currently airing although Veep is close. Can't fucking wait for the final season of Justified!

All time nothing is close to Deadwood dialogue wise :)

I have heard that from multiple sources. Unfortunately, I have never been able to watch it.

Archived