Vikings #4, On to Season 3

Black Wolf Smith

Nah, GoT easily has the best locations on tv. That's one thing I've never been overly impressed with when it comes to Vikings tbh.

We live in a post-Outlander world now Nic. GoT can't even claim most beautiful scenery anymore.

Vikings beats got all to Hel,

I agree.

We live in a post-Outlander world now Nic. GoT can't even claim most beautiful scenery anymore.

Haven't seen it, but I find it hard to believe another tv show can beat GoT. At least as far as diversity of locations. They've now shot in Ireland, Iceland, Morocco, Croatia, Malta, Scotland, and Spain.

I'd probably rate the scenery in True Detective higher than Vikings as well. There was some amazing visuals in that show too. Some of those aerial shots of Louisiana blew me away.

Haven't seen it, but I find it hard to believe another tv show can beat GoT. At least as far as diversity of locations. They've now shot in Ireland, Iceland, Morocco, Croatia, Malta, Scotland, and Spain.

I'd probably rate the scenery in True Detective higher than Vikings as well. There was some amazing visuals in that show too. Some of those aerial shots of Louisiana blew me away.

Diversity no, but most beautiful scenery? Definitely Outlander imo. Scotland looks marvellous.

I love GoT, but when I'm watching Vikings I don't think of GoT at all.

They're two totally different shows to me. And the constant comparisons by media is annoying. There was t.v. before GoT. And I really enjoyed Rome; was disappointed when it wasn't renewed.

I can't get over Horik bringing his family to Kattegat literally right before he plans to betray Ragnar. One of the dumbest things ever

In hind sight it was stupid. At the time he was thinking he had it all in hand. He had no reason to belive Ragnar suspected anything.

Ragnar out played him. You can see the beginnings of it early in the season.

They're two totally different shows to me. And the constant comparisons by media is annoying. There was t.v. before GoT. And I really enjoyed Rome; was disappointed when it wasn't renewed.

Completely agree with this.

Starting to get tired of the GOT push when to me at least, the book is better.

I agree. The shows are so different and it is very annoying when the media tries to make it some sort of competition.

I agree. The shows are so different and it is very annoying when the media tries to make it some sort of competition.

Every single show with a hint of medieval stuff in it is now compared to GoT, because it's the popular kid on the block right now. It doesn't help that others tend to release their shows in spring, as well.

Diversity no, but most beautiful scenery? Definitely Outlander imo. Scotland looks marvellous.

Gotta agree here. At least 75% of the reason I even bothered to watch Outlander was because of how pretty the Scottish locations they shot at are, and the other 25% was because Tobias Menzies face is hilarious, like I literally laugh the moment it pops up on screen, and with GoT essentially having cut the Tullys I can't get that from there anymore. Actually was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show too, it did have its moments. But then we're getting off topic...

Did anyone else notice Meryn Trant in the Vikings Season 3 trailer? I can't get anything on who he's playing.

Everyone will be back in got-5 -- it's prequel time!

Except the actors, coz they're all younger now. :dunno:

Keep hearing some version of Milk It! Milk It! Milk It! playing somewhere. More fun, easier than completing with original material, and still just as $$$$$$$$$-- so why not

It does look as though Vikings is going to allow characters to age out. Sequels maybe? But not prequels, necessitating new, younger actors playing the same older actors' roles. Thank goodness.

Everyone will be back in got-5 -- it's prequel time!

Except the actors, coz they're all younger now. :dunno:

Keep hearing some version of Milk It! Milk It! Milk It! playing somewhere. More fun, easier than completing with original material, and still just as $$$$$$$$$-- so why not

It does look as though Vikings is going to allow characters to age out. Sequels maybe? But not prequels, necessitating new, younger actors playing the same older actors' roles. Thank goodness.

I don't think it's going to be sequels for Vikings persay, I believe that it is going to be the natural progression of the story.

From what Hirst had said in interviews, he wants to continue with the stories of Ragnar's sons after he dies because there is so much good stuff there. How that comes to pass, I don't know. He had also said the won't be anymore big time jumps anytime soon.

Did anyone else notice Meryn Trant in the Vikings Season 3 trailer? I can't get anything on who he's playing.

Oh, I hadn't noticed him.

it would be awesome to the stories of Ragnars sons but Travis Flimmel is such a huge force on the show I can't even imagine it without him, though how his (and his sons) story plays out in the sagas would be amazing television

:agree:

The only one harder to replace than Ragnar is Lagertha. I think it will all depend on the casting really. I like older Björn, but I'm not completely sold on him. I hope they find some great actors to play his other sons (especially Ivar needs a quality thespian). If they succeed, we would be fine :)

Oh, I hadn't noticed him.

:agree:

The only one harder to replace than Ragnar is Lagertha. I think it will all depend on the casting really. I like older Björn, but I'm not completely sold on him. I hope they find some great actors to play his other sons (especially Ivar needs a quality thespian). If they succeed, we would be fine :)

I agree. It's going to be very difficult to continue with out him. But there is time to develop the other characters to the point that it may feel very organic.

As much as I love Ragnar, Lagertha and Rollo, I really want to see what the boys get up to when they are adults. So many good stories.

Archived