[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa X: Cold never bothered her anyway...

Mladen

Sansa's been great this season. That smile that was slowly forming was perfect.

Not sure what's going to happen next episode...suicide...maybe Mord? Lol, poor Mord...I hope its not Mord.

I haven't read many of these so I'm not sure how people feel about her progression overall but in this episode:

Pretty hard to capture the emotion of the book snow castle scene so I guess I'm not surprised they barely tried. I thought they made her look like the person in the wrong when she slapped Robyn which was... interesting.

Overall, I feel she is (in the show) coming off as somewhat more intrigued and not put off by Littlefinger's interest than she should be.

That's all I've got.

LF is sneaking in that he loves Sansa - and Joffrey has definitely done things to hurt Sansa.

So, 'what do I do to those who hurt you? I poison the cruel creeps'. Not the greatest pick-up line ever, but it fit LF's character, no? ;)

But with the rather consensual kiss and the different approach between Baelish and Sansa the showmakers will probaly walk the path of making Sansa and LF more partners in crime in the future than it was hinted at in the books.

Sansa is supposed to have been "shocked" by the kiss, per the

. I was wondering how the Unsullied would take that scene because it was less forceful than in the book, but there doesn't seem to be many people who thought it was mutual, so it seems more like something that only book readers were wondering about.

Sansa is supposed to have been "shocked" by the kiss, per the

. I was wondering how the Unsullied would take that scene because it was less forceful than in the book, but there doesn't seem to be many people who thought it was mutual, so it seems more like something that only book readers were wondering about.

I'm an unsullied. I took the scene as a surprise kiss. From previous episodes, Sansa does not have an inkling that Balish is attracted to her. She believes him to view her as a "stupid little girl" who should keep her mouth shut. However, Sansa did not appear to resist the kiss, and even if surprised, she welcomed the kiss in a way. (Now, it may seem so because she is taller than Balish and had to lower her head for the kiss, but I do not believe it was just a matter of the mechanics.)

All this, and their relationship, makes me believe they are tied up in a partnership, but the previews hint Sansa may tell on Balish at the vale hearing.

I've only skimmed the Sansa threads, and admire the amazing amount of thought, study and insight that goes on with the Sansa fans, but I posted here just to say OH THANKS OP, I finally got that dang Frozen song out of my head and now it will be torturing me for days.

I hope you're happy. :bawl:

I haven't read many of these so I'm not sure how people feel about her progression overall but in this episode:

Pretty hard to capture the emotion of the book snow castle scene so I guess I'm surprised they barely tried. I thought they made her look like the person in the wrong when she slapped Robyn which was... interesting.

Overall, I feel she is (in the show) coming off as somewhat more intrigued and not put off by Littlefinger's interest than she should be.

That's all I've got.

I don't see why slapping Robin is wrong. Even if they don't show it, building that snow castle takes time and effort and the spoiled brat was destroying it with barely a reason. So Sansa finally snapped and did what his mother should have done so long ago.

I do agree about your perception of the rest of the snow castle scene, though. I don't know. Maybe any sort of reference to her internal monologue would seem over the top, but the previous conversation between Oberyn and Tyrion can be seen that way - and it's a character just narrating a flashback, which Sansa could have done. Among other things, I guess the thing that's most missed is that, in Sansa's head, snow means childhood and home.

Sansa is supposed to have been "shocked" by the kiss, per the BTS video. I was wondering how the Unsullied would take that scene because it was less forceful than in the book, but there doesn't seem to be many people who thought it was mutual, so it seems more like something that only book readers were wondering about.

Well, "shocked" doesn't seem she didn't approve. Beside, if they need to explain things in a BTS video, they are doing it wrong. Movies and TV shows don't come with subtitles telling all the excuses of things that should be there but they aren't. They are to be judged by whatever comes out of the screen and speakers. I think we should all remember that Sansa, both TV and books versions, haven't read the books and don't have the same feelings for the characters that readers have.

I wonder in which direction they are going with LF and Sansa. I do think that Sansa had a confused facial expression after the kiss, it did not appear like she gave consent, more like that she was too startled to react.. I even wonder if it was affection or infatuation of LF's part. -Right after the kiss he did not appear smitten, but had quite a cold and calculating stare.

In the book, doesn't Sansa think she's about to be raped a la Marillion when Littlefinger kisses her?

Even if the kiss itself lingered to long, we needed to see Sansa protest strongly after the fact. "Why'd you do that?" "You can't kiss me!" "Lysa will kill us!"

Bleh at Frozen and suggesting Sansa is at the level of those shallow characters. :ack:

I overall liked the scene, but I did feel it was quite rushed at the start. It could've been nice had the beginning with the snow yard been a bit slower, more "whimsical" in nature, like Sansa suddenly enter into her own Narnia or Wonderland. Show her playing a bit more with the snow, etc.

Could have been nice for the scene to have a more "nostalgic" feel to it, and for the snow castle to take its time to build. SR was okay but I never pictured Sansa slapping little kids- she's more of a nurturer in that regard. She strikes me as the type of caretaker who would make deals with the kids for them to listen to her.

The kiss was strange. in b4 tumblr attacks again with "RAEP CUTLRUEW!!!"

Is Sansa starting to play games as she matures?

Sansa was grilled by Lysa about Sansa's relationship with Balish, to the question of whether Sansa was pregnant by Balish. Lysa was powerful and disturbed in that scene so much that Lysa made Sansa cry. In this episode Sansa kisses Balish. Then, when confronted by Lysa, the first thought of guilt that comes to her mind is that she hurt Robin.

Is Sansa still an immature child? Is she starting to connive?

Sansa was grilled by Lysa about Sansa's relationship with Balish, to the question of whether Sansa was pregnant by Balish. Lysa was powerful and disturbed in that scene so much that Lysa made Sansa cry. In this episode Sansa kisses Balish. Then, when confronted by Lysa, the first thought of guilt that comes to her mind is that she hurt Robin.

Is Sansa still an immature child? Is she starting to connive?

She didn't see Lysa. So she has reasons to believe Robin told her about the slap, but no reason to believe Lysa saw them. Also, it's Baelish who started the kiss, not Sansa. Sansa just took her sweet time before pushing him back.

-Right after the kiss he did not appear smitten, but had quite a cold and calculating stare.

I can see that but it also seemed like he was "putting his Littlefinger mask back on" in a way. He'd let his guard down and reacted to seeing Sansa in the snow (as we hear from GRRM in the post-ep video) , to her interaction with SR and after she pulls back he realizes that he needs to put his walls up again.

Correction. Baelish kissed Sansa. He basically "stole" that kiss by surprise.

LOL I always get a kick out of this forum. I've read the books multiple times, and have been a faithful watcher of the show from the beginning, and I just don't get the incredible butthurt over this scene. It seems that every single episode there is some irrelevant bit that they change that all the fans just completely lose their shit over. "OMG HE DIDN'T SAY ONLY CAT!!" So what? Good lord.

And one of you actually mentioned that this scene, this ONE SCENE, is the only thing that in your opinion makes the entire series worthwhile. I just don't get it. Here are the fundamentals of what is by all accounts a fairly standard GRRM murder scene:

1. Sansa stands in snow

2. Sansa builds Winterfell

3. Robin wrecks it

4. Littlefinger helps her rebuild it

5. They kiss

6. Lysa sees the kiss, goes apeshit

7. Littlefinger pushes her out the moon door, blames it on fop

I've read these books so many times and this particular scene never struck me as any kind of lynchpin. I mean there are so many massive scenes that they altered or just didn't do at all, that to fixate on this one strikes me as almost pathological.

I'm very curious about Sansa's future after this episode. Even if this episode, I got an inkling of Sansa turning darker, what with the slap, demanding LF to tell her why she had Joffrey killed, and the slightly mischievous grin on her face when LF gives his "explanation". Plus there's the preview for episode 8, where it seems like Sansa's going to lie on LF's behalf in front of everyone. Lots of set up. Can't wait to see what they do with her next season.

and now the show has launched anew the sansa/littlefinger ship something serious. I mean sophie closes her eyes and leans into the kiss and everything.

I keep forgetting this is faux grown sansa and she's no longer little bird book sansa

LOL I always get a kick out of this forum. I've read the books multiple times, and have been a faithful watcher of the show from the beginning, and I just don't get the incredible butthurt over this scene. It seems that every single episode there is some irrelevant bit that they change that all the fans just completely lose their shit over. "OMG HE DIDN'T SAY ONLY CAT!!" So what? Good lord.

And one of you actually mentioned that this scene, this ONE SCENE, is the only thing that in your opinion makes the entire series worthwhile. I just don't get it. Here are the fundamentals of what is by all accounts a fairly standard GRRM murder scene:

1. Sansa stands in snow

2. Sansa builds Winterfell

3. Robin wrecks it

4. Littlefinger helps her rebuild it

5. They kiss

6. Lysa sees the kiss, goes apeshit

7. Littlefinger pushes her out the moon door, blames it on fop

I've read these books so many times and this particular scene never struck me as any kind of lynchpin. I mean there are so many massive scenes that they altered or just didn't do at all, that to fixate on this one strikes me as almost pathological.

Glad to see you managed to contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way.

Archived