NBC's Hannibal III: Swimming in blood and emptiness

Tony Soprano

Re: the Emmy snubs. I'm disappointed too. It's a niche show with a small audience so I wasn't expecting anything initially but after that blow-your-mind-to-pieces finale, the spectacular performances by Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen, expert writing by Bryan Fuller and his writing team, and the consistently beautiful cinematography, I thought they would throw the show a bone and nominate if for something. Sheesh.

To the entire Emmy nomination board: may I have your business cards, please?

I don't watch the Emmy's so I am truly shocked to hear this. Unacceptable that this show has not been nominated. Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen deserve nominations at the very least, especially Mads. Regarding Bryan Fuller: If you are going to adapt a series of novels to television, I think Fuller has shown everyone how it should be done.

Just finished the show, and I'm thoroughly impressed. I didn't think network TV could still do a show this good. Insert a gratuitous 5 minute scene in a strip club every episode and it could be on HBO (which actually makes me glad it's not). The hard part now will be waiting for next season.

This is probably why it was snubbed by the emmys. Seems you have to be on cable for anyone to take you seriously. That or NBC doesn't campaign as hard as those channels do to get exposure for their programs.

I always felt it was a crime that John Noble never got a nomination for his work on "fringe".

This is probably why it was snubbed by the emmys. Seems you have to be on cable for anyone to take you seriously. That or NBC doesn't campaign as hard as those channels do to get exposure for their programs.

I always felt it was a crime that John Noble never got a nomination for his work on "fringe".

I am still annoyed by that.

When I read that Hannibal wasn't nominated, John Noble is who came to mind first.

that last episode was truly amazing. however, i really don't know where they are going to go with it next season, the thing that makes this show is the interaction between will and hannibal, but if they are trying to find him this obviously won't be able to happen.

that last episode was truly amazing. however, i really don't know where they are going to go with it next season, the thing that makes this show is the interaction between will and hannibal, but if they are trying to find him this obviously won't be able to happen.

I think they're going to be communicating using letters for the first half of the season, and then I'm hoping that Hannibal needs to go back to the US by about episode 6 which is where Will will hopefully find him.

Also, I really hope we get a lot of flashbacks in season 3, from all of the characters, not just Will.

I posted this in the funko thread and wondered if anyone loved these as much as I do:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07/23/hannibal-funko-sdcc-pop-mania-2127289?lt_source=external,manual,manual#!bptKKk

It's about time there was a mads doll :)

Eta:

And I will never own one http://www.ebay.com/itm/221506043288

:(

• 1 month later...

The new Clarice Starling?

Her character so far doesn't really fit into the mold of Clarice (unless we are to assume she's like a latter stage of Clarice we've never seen in the books/film).

Great news she's a regular in it now. Suggests BBC's "the fall" only has one more season in it (or her character dies)

Great news she's a regular in it now. Suggests BBC's "the fall" only has one more season in it (or her character dies)

I think that's possible (new series starts soon, anyway, wahey), but given the length of time it took to get this one out, and the relatively shorter length of that show to American ones, I think it's also possible that the two won't interfere with each other too much and that the BBC might be willing to shuffle filming a bit to account for her busy schedule (wasn't she also a regular on another US show, this past year?).

I think that's possible (new series starts soon, anyway, wahey), but given the length of time it took to get this one out, and the relatively shorter length of that show to American ones, I think it's also possible that the two won't interfere with each other too much and that the BBC might be willing to shuffle filming a bit to account for her busy schedule (wasn't she also a regular on another US show, this past year?).

She must get good airmiles. I'm surprised she did pop up in GOT while filming "the fall".

Hope the new series of "the fall" starts soon. I'm a bit miffed they are continuing the same story but will give them a chance to see what they do with it.

Lol he's hilarious I certainly don't like him though :D

Most of my favorite characters in fiction are pretty scummy people. I just really enjoy this rendition of Chilton, he still seems as smarmy and weaselly as the movie version but also legitimately intelligent and witty

Archived