Big Bang Theory 8: those who are pitied, along with those who are kissed

Datepalm

If DP were here and able to comment more, do you think she'd see the symmetry of the bird entering the clean room and tarnishing the pristine nature of it and the love that seems to have entered into Sheldon's heart...?

Or is it just me?

No, I believe the same... The worst part of this season is that we don't have DP as often as this season demands her presence.

But, nice catch... :)

Wow, silly me, I just thought the bird entering the clean room was a set up for laughs. I guess I tend ot take things at face value a bit too much.

So what would the crow entering symbolize?

Sometimes a gag is just a gag.

As for Penny and Leonard, if they break up again I will be pissed. Do not need another Rachel and Ross season by season relationship series.

And why would Amy ever leave Sheldon? She dated absolutely no one before him and they clearly get eachother.

That was sweet genuinely sweet. :)

Indeed it was. :)

If DP were here and able to comment more, do you think she'd see the symmetry of the bird entering the clean room and tarnishing the pristine nature of it and the love that seems to have entered into Sheldon's heart...?

Or is it just me?

I only saw the symmetry between this episode and the one where there was already a bird intruding in a room. It was repetitive. And the bird problem had almost nothing with the rest of the episode, I think it was pretty pointless.

But then obviously I missed the symbolic strength of it. :P

And why would Amy ever leave Sheldon? She dated absolutely no one before him and they clearly get eachother.

Maybe, just maybe, because he constantly humiliates her and puts her down? Actually he has calmed down about this a bit, but in the previous seasons it was even more obvious. Not to say there was not anything of that in the last episode. "Lets humiliate Amy by buying her a present, mwahaha!" *twirls mustache*

Never having dated anybody before Sheldon is an argument for not leaving him ... why?

dbunting,

Because, she may want more than Sheldon is capable of providing. That's a valid reason to leave. She isn't the emotional zombie we met when she first showed up. Her character has changed more than any other on the show.

With all due respect, I would say that this honour goes to Mr. Msc. Wallowitz. From a horny creep ruining the Mars rover to impress a girl to a happy loving husband, that was a pretty big change.

People...it's a comedy. And you say Sheldon isn't emotional? He tells her he loves her. If u remember when they met she was as much a robot as he was.

Nobody said he is not emotional. He has obviously changed a lot. ;)

But that does not mean he is always a perfect boyfriend or that he does not lack respect for her.

Who is perfect? I think they are a great match and should be having some sex by end of season!...maybe not

Oh, I agree they are a perfect match. :)

Still, he sometimes does not show her the respect she deserves as a girlfriend and I would not blame her a bit if she dumped him (I do not believe she will, not after this season).

Scot,

point taken, you might be right. I still think he has made an enormous change throughout the seasons though, for my perspective bigger than Amy. But that this silly to argue about, we can agree that they have both changed a lot.

Buckwheat,

I don't think Howard is happy. I think he's convincing himself that he is happy. There is a distiction.

Good point, but I think somewhere, he's aware that he really needs Bernadette in his life. Despite some tough stuff he has to go through with her, I think she has really managed to improve him and bring him something he truly and deeply lacked.

I thought the bird-in-the-room was clearly meant to recall and mirror Sheldon's bird issues - a consistent, ongoing character gag - including the exact same situation of a bird in a room. Here's a bird-problems-plot that drags in everyone but Sheldon, and shows them all at their worst - petty, regressing to childhood, sniping and putting down one another, etc. Sheldon, meanwhile, is off somewhere else entirely, his worst instincts "backfiring" and dragging himself into being a slightly better person.

I was really happy to see Raj's dad in the flesh. I find both him and Raj's-mom really funny whenever they show up, but it was spoiled this time by the tedious, familiar, sexist, divorcing-my-wife jokes.

Indulge your worst instincts to stumble you're way into being a better person is an unlikely recipe for personal progress. This show is appalling. It would be the perfect vehicle to actually show something like in this Ted talk, but no the entire show is about trivializing intelligence.

• 1 month later...

And how many of us immediately tried to figure out how eating a banana horizontally would work? Because I did.

And? Don't stop there... Our scientific curiosity is restless... Tell us... Did you feel good? Not naughty at all? :)

And? Don't stop there... Our scientific curiosity is restless... Tell us... Did you feel good? Not naughty at all? :)

I think if one fears others will sexualize the eating of bananas, eating a banana horizontally isn't a good idea. It's so much more naughty, what with banana goo getting stuff to the corners of your lips or on your cheek. Plus, it draws much more attention to the consumption of a phallic-ish object. Better to just slice it up into pieces and eat it with a fork.

Archived