Mad Max: Fury Road

Commodore

Clearly you never saw 'The Chase' with Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I feel about the trailer yet. The effects look cool at least. I'm fine with the 16 lines thing though. As stated before, he only has 16 lines in The Road Warrior, and I'm pretty sure he says even less than that in the original Mad Max (and entirely monosyllabically at that). Its only in Beyond Thunderdome that the character ever starts talking more, and that's by far the worst of the original trilogy.

He talks a fair bit in the first one.

He talks a fair bit in the first one.

Does he? I remember the other Main Force Patrol guys talking up a storm, but that he just stood around looking cool and killing bikers.

Does he? I remember the other Main Force Patrol guys talking up a storm, but that he just stood around looking cool and killing bikers.

Goose talks way more, yeah, but Max still talks a decent amount during the whole middle section of the movie. He doesn't come off as super-silent or anything, so it can't be too little to notice.

During car chase. "I wonder what will break first... You spirit..." Rams the other car. "Or your vehicle!"

"You drive like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable, but mistaken."

:lmao: This is pure gold XD

Just saw the trailer.

Max stomped on the head of a two headed lizard for no reason than to look like a bad ass I guess. If I watch this, I'll already be rooting against the "protagonist".

That really bothered me. Why would you just stomp on a little lizard like that. Especially one with two heads (that's like killing two lizards)? I mean, I know life is rough in your post apocalyptic hellscape life, but why take it out on a couple conjoined little desert insect eaters?

Fuck Max.

Just saw the trailer.

Max stomped on the head of a two headed lizard for no reason than to look like a bad ass I guess. If I watch this, I'll already be rooting against the "protagonist".

That really bothered me. Why would you just stomp on a little lizard like that. Especially one with two heads (that's like killing two lizards)? I mean, I know life is rough in your post apocalyptic hellscape life, but why take it out on a couple conjoined little desert insect eaters?

Fuck Max.

Supposedly, and I have no idea if its true, in the actual movie that stomp is followed by Max eating the lizard for his dinner; if that makes you feel better. The trailer just edited things to look like the chase immediately starts after that point (and I did notice the edit point, I just don't know if the dinner part is what's skipped).

MIdquel?

AFAIK it's not a reboot but is set sometime between 1 and 3.

Considering it's changing all the actors and probably a few others things, it's practically a reboot. Just no origin story because who needs one.

Is this a remake or a sequal?

I'm not sure anyone knows. I doubt its a remake, it doesn't look like the plot of the second or third movies and since its the original director I don't think he'd want to do a new origin story. But I also can't imagine that any references to the original movies will be made; except maybe the first one, in that he had a wife once and now she's dead.

If its a big enough hit, I'm sure there will be more movies made, so until I hear otherwise I'm going to consider it the start of an alternate continuity that stems off from the first movie alongside the Road Warrior.

If he ate it, I'm cool with that, actually.

I'm pretty sure he eats it. If you look very closely just above his right shoulder, as he starts to turn his head, you can see a flash of what could be a lizard tail if a lizard were sticking out of his mouth.

so until I hear otherwise I'm going to consider it the start of an alternate continuity that stems off from the first movie alongside the Road Warrior.

There would have to be some retconning re: the interceptor for Fury Road to fit between any of the original movies, as it goes cablooey in tRW and (apparently) FR.

Just saw the trailer.

Fuck Max.

Why would you stomp on a two-headed lizard?

Because it's there.

Archived