Mad Max: Fury Road

Commodore

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another trailer out. Seems to suggest this is a direct sequel to the original three movies, albeit probably without many references to them, and not a reboot or anything like that.

I am so excited for this thing.

It never was a reboot and it isn't a sequel per say. Think of it as like the James Bond franchise or Indiana Jones.

It never was a reboot and it isn't a sequel per say. Think of it as like the James Bond franchise or Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones seems like the more fair comparison than James Bond, because those movies do reference bits of past movies, and supposedly

there's a direct reference to the 747 kids from Thunderdome.

. Whereas Bond, with the exception of the Craig-era movies, do not have any real connective tissue between them.

I will be going to this and I can only hope I’m not the only one in the theater. I’m willing to go into it with an open mind as long as Max doesn’t end up in a refrigerator. If I remember correctly I think the title has more or less constant from the begining but I can remember reading articles on Aintitcoolnews about it around the time they announced the cast for the first Hobbit movie. I mean whats next are they going come up with a solid release date for The Thief and the Cobbler?

Archived