Calm down, people

Stannis's Lawyer

Lord of the Ring, on 23 Sept 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:snapback.png

You really don't you know. It's only certain people who drive things towards celebrity death match between characters or push extreme interpretations of characters. ASOIAF is a rich tapestry of characters and plot lines and its much more rewarding if you can enjoy all of it....and retain that perspective and balanced judgment in the middle of the flame wars that light up here every once in a while.

+1. And I think this is the best way to enjoy, not just these books, but any book. Like everybody if you can.

People:

Calm down. And stop generalizing.

(since Dany is one of the most polarizing characters, she's my example, but it applies to all polarizing characters, such as Stannis, Theon, etc)

There are people who like Dany. There are people who don't. Live with that. You're never going to convince each other anyways.

People who like/dislike Dany are not one evil mastermind who's using hundreds of accounts at once to worship/slander Dany. Dany 'lovers' or 'haters' are not one monolithic bloc who all have the same opinion.

Not all people who dislike Dany worship Stannis.

I believe George R. R. Martin is a good writer. So if Dany is a polarizing character, what that means is that she's not written as the Messiah, but nor is she written as Adolf Hitler. She is a flawed and realistic character. Dany is not insane. Dany is not the most perfect being on Westeros and Essos.

Not all pro- or anti- Dany posts are 'crazy', 'ridiculous', 'bullshit', or 'fucked up'. Some undoubtedly are, but most aren't. Other people can have different opinions. Let it be.

As I said, the same applies for many other characters other than Dany.

So my conclusion: calm down. They're fictitious characters written by a fantasy writer.

Yep.

I like Dany and Stannis, does that make me the song of ice and fire?

But seriously, a large amount of Stannis fans hate Dany, it's a thing.

I don't know what you mean. Daenerys is clearly the Mad evil Queen Westeros will know in the future.

All those insane acts such as crucifying poor innocent slavers, and ordering the death of innocents above 12 years old are acts beyond salvation. So, your point is invalid.

Yep.

I like Dany and Stannis, does that make me the song of ice and fire?

But seriously, a large amount of Stannis fans hate Dany, it's a thing.

Lets not pretend the opposite isn't true, but I agree. I get annoyed when someone thinks they have to hate Dany because they like Stannis or vice versa.

And kind old King George sent mother a note
When he heard that father was gone
It was, I recall, in the form of a scroll
With gold leaf and all
And I found it one day
In a drawer of old photographs, hidden away
And my eyes still grow damp
To remember
That his majesty signed
With his own rubber stamp

To date I have only seen three completely irrational Daenerys haters who are, frankly speaking, absurd. The rest can atleast be understood, but these guys ....

i dont know maybe they have OCD about commenting some BS in every existing thread and turn it to daenerys bashing? :dunno:

I don't know what you mean. Daenerys is clearly the Mad evil Queen Westeros will know in the future.

She's not the one who has been compared to Aerys.

How many times has Jaime mentioned that Cersei reminded him of the Mad King? He has even told that to her face. That's scary, specially coming from the guy who had to murder him because he was about to set a whole city on fire.

The intensity is half the fun! Writing tirades against Jaime, Cersei, Tywin, and Littlefinger are an absolute blast.

Maybe he's talking about LordStoneheart and myself...

:box: :spank: ;)

A match made in heaven. Jaime fans and Catelyn fans are meant to be together.

I learned a while ago that arguing with someone on the internet is like trying to open a door by bashing your skull against it. Repeatedly.

It won't work, you'll only end up with a headache... But maybe if you just hit or a few more times you'll get through....

People:

Calm down. And stop generalizing.

(since Dany is one of the most polarizing characters, she's my example, but it applies to all polarizing characters, such as Stannis, Theon, etc)

There are people who like Dany. There are people who don't. Live with that. You're never going to convince each other anyways.

People who like/dislike Dany are not one evil mastermind who's using hundreds of accounts at once to worship/slander Dany. Dany 'lovers' or 'haters' are not one monolithic bloc who all have the same opinion.

Not all people who dislike Dany worship Stannis.

I believe George R. R. Martin is a good writer. So if Dany is a polarizing character, what that means is that she's not written as the Messiah, but nor is she written as Adolf Hitler. She is a flawed and realistic character. Dany is not insane. Dany is not the most perfect being on Westeros and Essos.

Not all pro- or anti- Dany posts are 'crazy', 'ridiculous', 'bullshit', or 'fucked up'. Some undoubtedly are, but most aren't. Other people can have different opinions. Let it be.

As I said, the same applies for many other characters other than Dany.

So my conclusion: calm down. They're fictitious characters written by a fantasy writer.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you!

I've never understood the need for real people to harass and insult each other over imaginary people, sometimes for days at a time.

And kind old King George sent mother a note

When he heard that father was gone

It was, I recall, in the form of a scroll

With gold leaf and all

And I found it one day

In a drawer of old photographs, hidden away

And my eyes still grow damp

To remember

That his majesty signed

With his own rubber stamp

They disembarked in'45

And no one spoke and no one smiled