9th Annual Secret Santa Gifts Are Arriving All Over the World!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Nymeria, please take comfort in the fact that I absolutely adore my gifts. Thank you so much. :)

:grouphug:

--

Let's all feel wonderful for participating in this and making someone happy :) we all put a smile on someone's face somewhere and that's what matters!!

:grouphug:

--

Let's all feel wonderful for participating in this and making someone happy :) we all put a smile on someone's face somewhere and that's what matters!!

Very well said, and to me this is the point, to make someone smile! I love happy people! Love making people happy!

Wow wow wow!

Thank you so much Secret Santa!

Guys this parcel arrived just as I was leaving for work yesterday.

I didnt get to open it till after work, but I did remember to take photos, despite being VERY excited.

Whatever it is, its well packed!

Inside I love this chest, its so beautiful, there's no way I'm packing it away as Christmas stuff!

And inside that!!! (Obi is now excited too, there are interesting smells!)

First parcel (still so well wrapped) but inside!!! I love it!

Next!!! note the owl wrapping paper, someone knows me well!

Inside well, here is something I never tried. will be getting some prawns to try this with!

and some santa printed tissues, but excitement was too high, forgot to photo...

And last but not least Oh wow, thank you again Secret Santa, I know who you are but will let Zar have the fun of working it out

Zar, the ribbon is the clue It has the word Joy on it

Oh, and the card was a Dr Seuss one, another favourite!

ETA CHristmas Obi

and I made a movie of him by mistake

Here it is. Ignore the baseball forecast and the rum in the corner.haha

I got a cool looking Alice in Wonderland shirt, some skittles, some local candy, isle of wight dinosaur biscuits, lotion/bodywash.

But im still trying to figure out who my person is! I feel like the answer is right here, but I can't see it hahaha

I must have been very good this year because Santa Funko spoiled me!!!!

After I finished wrapping all the last minute gifts and did some tidying - put Little O to bed and got a second to just enjoy the moment of peace - I opened my SS box.

I LOVE everything and I feel so spoiled :D

Here are the new members of my Funko family:

http://i.imgur.com/LW2tZ41.jpg

Idividually:

http://i.imgur.com/vJQPEhg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SffVbun.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UMTnvpo.jpg

Somehow I lost my Brienne photo..

BUT this is the most awesome part of the entire thing -

http://i.imgur.com/GJ817rv.jpg

I nearly cried - I am so touched that my SS included my Little O :wub: - I mean, that just made my heart grow 3 times as big!!! I can not express how much that means to me!!

Here are the goodies that my little guy gets to wake up to

http://i.imgur.com/8w3DsV1.jpg

And he will love them :love:

THANK YOU SS - you have made my Christmas so wonderful!!! I am just so so so happy and just can't even contain it!!

I opened my gift cause I couldn't wait haha. I love it! It's a mixture of stuff I love and things I can try. I have a clue about Skagos but I'm stumped haha. Will post pics next

Skagos? Then I guessed correctly abput who your Santa is.

Everyones gifts are wonderful :wub:

The pretty box contained an awesome puzzle, eurothemed and very funny. And interestingly with pieces of three different sizes, have never seen that before!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/anubiel/imagejpg1_zps13a59c98.jpg

I will start puzzling this very day!

I have no idea who my Santa is, but Lany has informed me that there is more on the way, so maybe I'll get more clues then :)

Thank you Santa!

Merry Christmas to all Secret Santas!

Many thank you's to my SS - here are the obligatory photos (sorry they are huge, might take a while to download on a phone)

The parcel

Opening the bundle of joy

Headtorch

Wrapped presents

Card

Unwrapped presents

The books I got were:

The Hydrogen Sonata by Iain M Banks

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

Headtorch

Lovely card with a T.S. Eliott quote on it

I'm not sure who my Secret Santa is this year, I will have a look through the list later on and see if I can work it out, but for now I will just say a huge THANK YOU and a Merry Christmas! :D

Here it is. Ignore the baseball forecast and the rum in the corner.haha

I got a cool looking Alice in Wonderland shirt, some skittles, some local candy, isle of wight dinosaur biscuits, lotion/bodywash.

But im still trying to figure out who my person is! I feel like the answer is right here, but I can't see it hahaha

I know exactly who your SS is.. because there can only be one person from that place and they have mentioned it before!

But I'll let you figure it out ;)

Everyone has wonderful gifts!!

Lany, what is the gift received % now??

My Secret Santa will be relieved to know that the first thing I did this morning was open my gift. :D

It is the only gift under my tree, which is why I waited so long. Normally I would have opened it early, but the friends I celebrate Christmas with are having Christmas on Sunday, Dec. 28th, because their children are all over 20 now and everyone has a SO. Last year they decided to start a Christmas rotation, one year (starting last year) at their house, the next year (this year) everyone is free to celebrate with their SO's family. Otherwise, I'm at an age where none of us need things, so we celebrate by having dinner or lunch together, or going shopping together. I want to buy a 10 inch tablet for myself and one of my best friends is going to do the rounds with me on Monday, for example. And tomorrow, Boxing Day, I am having dinner with the extended family of the friends I do Christmas with, dinner with 40 at their house in the country. Now that's fun. :)

So. What's in the box. I started to take pictures, but my phone, which was fully charged last night, died this morning after I took the first picture. That's the other thing I m going to gift myself with, a new phone, and it isn't going to be an iPhone. I am so tired of Apple playing this game of having the next generation software so huge it kills the older phones, forcing you to upgrade. (sorry for the Rant!)

Someone is from Maryland.

I have a new mug, a lovely new mug, with Maryland, The Old Line State, and historical details about Maryland on it. It has a beautiful deep red interior that I know I will enjoy pouring my tea and coffee into. :)

I have a large tin of Old Bay seasoning, and thank goodness, a recipe for Chesapeake Bay crab soup on a postcard with it. I know I have seen recipes in my cookbooks that use Old Bay seasoning and I will have to find some. Mainly seafood, though the tin claims it's good for poultry, salads and meats as well. Hah! I shall have to do some internet research now. Fortunately I love finding new recipes!

I have a fridge magnet of Maryland. It will proudly join the dozens of other magnets on my fridge. :D

I have a little, round, ceramic, cake-like souvenir of Maryland, with the state bird, the Baltimore Oriole, a bridge, a flag and race horses on it, topped with a crab. It shall go on the window sill in the kitchen, in pride of place.

And a book! William Gibson's, The Peripheral. I heard Gibson interviewed several times this year about the book, and was planning on picking it up! He's one Canadian author who's books I have barely touched, having only read The Neuromancer, I was looking forward to reading his latest visions of the future.

And finally <keys the drum roll>

I received my very own throne of swords from Game of Thrones! I think it might be a Christmas tree ornament, because it has a chain on it for hanging, but I think it's too heavy for a living tree. It shall stand on guard on the bookshelf, pride of place again, guarding all my ASOIAF library!

Thank-you very much, SS, I love every single item! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:love: :love: :love:

Such great presents!

Lany, what is the gift received % now??

85% (edited to reflect TC's)

but two of the missing are sort of received.

Lily's....delivered yesterday to the address she gave, which is not her house

Helena's...delivered to her dorm the day after she left

No gift at all yet (although two were sent the beginning of December)

AK

maid

Kid--won't be back until January 6, so even if it comes, he won't know it

Confirmed (a person has posted in the thread admitting---either giftee or giver)

A good clue

unknown/not saying

not yet recd

adding a spoiler tag, just in case

The List

Giftee Giver

Less than Luke Anubeil

Biatic Ser Mountain Goat

McBigski Biatic

Nox Irradiata Space Bandito

QCat Fragile bird

sj4ij QCat