Walking Dead Season 5: Comics and TV Spoilers discussion

Mark Antony

What was the purpose of the Beth storyline if only to kill her at the end of it? To get Noah? Terrible. To change Maggie? Bah. Darryl? Sigh.

Personally, I found this hospital side-plot to be pointless and this episode only solidified it. Boring, I can live with. But pointless? It's similar to the Sophia plot in many ways, and all that sitting around on the farm and searching for her only to have her emerge from the barn? Never bothered me at all.

I was hoping this watered down, emo version of Tyreese would be the one who died this episode.

What was the purpose of the Beth storyline if only to kill her at the end of it? To get Noah? Terrible. To change Maggie? Bah. Darryl? Sigh.

Personally, I found this hospital side-plot to be pointless and this episode only solidified it. Boring, I can live with. But pointless? It's similar to the Sophia plot in many ways, and all that sitting around on the farm and searching for her only to have her emerge from the barn? Never bothered me at all.

I was hoping this watered down, emo version of Tyreese would be the one who died this episode.

well, she instigated a coup d'etat in the hospital. that's better than their normal practice of completely destroying whatever remnant of civilization they come across.

Well the whole show is pointless in the sense that there is no destination, no objective other than survival.

Characters get built up, killed off, new ones found, rinse/repeat forever.

That seemed pretty terrible. It made no sense that Beth would stab Dawn as their groups stood in a hallway with guns pointed at one another. What a lame way to kill off a character.

Soooo, now we know the full scale of Dawns nature, so I ask again.

Was "Bob" a good one?

We barely knew anything about Bob. He certainly didn't do anything to suggest that he was some psychopathic animal.

Kirkman just said on TD that a prominent gay character will be in the second half of the season. Sounds like we're getting Jesus.

Wasn't the scout for Alexandria gay? I thought his name was Gabriel, but the priest is Gabriel, right? Anyway - the guy who checks them out to make sure they aren't horrible people before offering them a place in their community.

That seemed pretty terrible. It made no sense that Beth would stab Dawn as their groups stood in a hallway with guns pointed at one another. What a lame way to kill off a character.

We barely knew anything about Bob. He certainly didn't do anything to suggest that he was some psychopathic animal.

I totally agree. Beth hadn't done anything that stupid before and seemed to be becoming more pragmatic. Also, Gabriel is trying to give Eugene a run for his money as the most useless character. He is squandering the goodwill I had for him from the Wire.

Archived