Ranking the seasons

Dragon in the North

#1 - Season 3

It was around the middle of S3 (probably S3E5) when I first thought "Damn, GOT is a really good show!". The pacing was great, II felt like S3 was getting better with each episode and in each episode there was something awesome, something worth rewatching.

#2 - Season 4

This one is great too for the same reasons, but there were some downsides. The whole Dany's storyline after she took Meereen seemed pointless (as it was for me in the books, but even more so in the show), the final scene with Shae was weird and inconsistent with show!Shae's character and storyline, I didn't get why Littlefinger suddenly became stupid and just killed Lysa in front of Sansa without any backup plan, because he surely would have been executed by the Lords of the Vale if Sansa didn't take his side (and she did it for a really unconvincing reason). I also didn't get why Lokk didn't just kill Bran and his friends immediately and began to drag him somewhere instead, also Karl's death came off as clicheed. But otherwise I have no problems with S4.

#3 - Season 1

The season was good, but compared to 3 and 4 there were many times when I felt bored to tears, and there just wasn't as much awesome stuff as in the last two seasons. Also, I don't like Sean Bean.

#4 - Season 2

After I finished watching it for the first time I just couldn't remember anything notable from this season except for Blackwater and the finale. Everything else

was just a blank spot except for a WTF moment when Theon's men somehow managed to capture Rodrik Cassel, who was supposed to have about two hundred warriors with him. Did they all die at Torrhen's square? Was Rodrik returning to Winterfell all alone? Doesn't make much sense to me.

P.S.

I have read the books after I watched the first season. I liked them, although I wouldn't call myself a big fan.

Why do people presume to make judgments as to what other people SHOULD like?

I can very well read the books (which I have) and like Season 4 the best (which I do). There's no 'correlation' between liking the books and liking the seasons which were the most 'faithful'.

I don't judge others for liking something that I didn't particularly like or say that they must not have 'understood' the material since they have a different opinion than me.

Ha Ha,

You are trying to make the point of not judging someone else's opinion while judging my opinion.

My favorite is season 3 , i love the brotherhood without banners and it is the only season with them , dany's sack of astapor was great , the RW and the build up to it was done perfectly .

Season 4 was the most entertaing by far but for me the show had a huge tonal shift , maybe its abscence of cat/robb or the end of the war but it felt like s4 was more of a collection of big moment and funny/emotional interactions instead of having one theme

for a moment it felt likz s2/3 was from the same book and s4 was from another becuz of the drastic change of tone.

And i always underwhelmed by the lack of new characters since that was one of things i most enjoy at the start of each season.

Season 3

Season 1

Season 2

Season 4.

For some reason, the whole of season 4, with its chopping and changing of the story seemed to make no sense. Also, it seemed that there were a lot of bloody violent scenes that were put there just for the sake of it. Like the whole of Ramsay/Theon scenes (from season 3 onwards), also the raids by wildlings on the village, then the Brienne/Hound fight. All of these scenes reminded me of Peter/Chicken scenes of Family Guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WGQmWcrbs. It feels like the real storytelling aspect ended with season 1. The remaining seasons have been a constant mishmash of story telling mixed in with gory, unnecessary violence. Just my 2 cents.

Season 1 then a significant drop in quality then 2,3,and 4 are all pretty close quality wise

I'm with you, I feel like this is 'sky is blue, water is wet' territory, but we're in the minority. Though I would put 3 as vastly inferior to 2 and 4, but that's because their choices with Robb's story made me quite possibly, literally insane.

I'm with you, I feel like this is 'sky is blue, water is wet' territory, but we're in the minority. Though I would put 3 as vastly inferior to 2 and 4, but that's because their choices with Robb's story made me quite possibly, literally insane.

Yeah, this is definitely the case with me too, if I didn't already know better I would think that season 1 had totally different people behind the scenes making the creative decisions than all the following seasons.

It is so frustrating that Season 4 isn't at the top of the list. It contained so many of my favorite book moments, the vast majority of which they brought to life wonderfully. However the season was plagued by horrible pacing, weird character choices, and stranger plot choices. I feel like a large number of these problems could have been solved by moving The Battle of Castle Black to earlier in the season. Then you wouldn't have had to include all of the pointless Stannis scenes, Jon's pointless journey beyond the Wall, and you would have had time to include the election of Jon Snow as LC which was really needed to complete his arc this season.

Archived