Football XCI - Roaring Rampage of Rabonas

Slick Mongoose

A much better result than expected, that much is clear. I was resigned to 0-1 defeat and then we even take a point.

That tastes very nice next to City's embarrassing performance against West Ham ( and CSKA Moscow) .

newcastle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two wins!

in a row!!!

sammy ameobi and his pace and sudden goal on a pass from ginger jack! ayoze perez and his goal on a cabella pass!

dare i say pardew had the right of it when he put ameobi and cabella on? maybe we have him all wrong? perhaps he is in fact what newcastle needs? maybe ashley and pardew have been poorly judged and should be supported.

nah....they are both still cunts.

A shame we got United vs Chelsea when both sides had less than ideal attacking line-ups, but fuck yeah, I'll take it. United had more possession and more chances, definitely deserved the point. Definitely.

For the icing on top I watched some of Winston Reid's men vs City. Delicious. :drool:

I am very happy!

Pardew is a tactical genius.

Can't lie, it's nice to see them at #14 instead of hanging out in the red zone (especially since if Spurs had won United would be in 9th :cool4:). The story of the season so far, apart from Diego Costa's impressive start to EPL strikerhood, has been Alan Pardew. I have no idea if the 2 wins are a blip but I've come to admire him quite a bit for the way he's carried himself under such insane pressure.

I'm still pretty convinced that this Bundesliga season is one long nightmare and I am going to wake up any minute now, but the top game of weekend between Gladbach and Bayern was excellent. Bayern were in serious trouble, moreso than in any other game this season, and were in fact lucky to escape with a point.

Lucien Favre has to be one of the more underrated coaches around.

I'm still pretty convinced that this Bundesliga season is one long nightmare and I am going to wake up any minute now, but the top game of weekend between Gladbach and Bayern was excellent. Bayern were in serious trouble, moreso than in any other game this season, and were in fact lucky to escape with a point.

Lucien Favre has to be one of the more underrated coaches around.

Dortmund is the story of the season so far. Splendid in the Champions League and just losing game after game in the Bundesliga, it's as if they can't win anything.

One for the Newcastle and Rangers fans:

The strange tale of a man who pretty much took over a football club while owning less than 10% of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29785260

Mike Ashley has a stake of 8.92% in Rangers. But he just effectively sacked the chief exec and will replace him with his own man, Derek Llambias. He's loaned the club cash, secured against two of its most valuable physical assets, so he gets those if they default: he's effectively in control of the club's merchandising and gets 49% of the profits from every kit sold: and he owns naming rights to Ibrox.

He's not actually allowed to take over the club. But he appears to be doing so anyway.

Archived