NFL Week 10-11: Carson Palmer's Knee and Jay Cutler's Brain

davos

Can anybody explained to me what happened to the Chargers and Rivers?

Injuries, for one thing. The defensive secondary has been absolutely decimated, and they lost both of their starting RBs (Matthews and Woodhead). On top of that, it seems like Felipe Rios might have gotten ahold of some bad street tacos. He's been pretty horrid the last 3 starts or so.

ETA: All that said, I prefer Maith's answer.

Pretty good bye week for the Pats -- Buffalo and Miami both cough up late leads and fall another game back in the division standings.

Man, I wish I could have watched the Jets put the beatdown on the Steelers. Unfortunately I was stuck with watching the Bills trying to gift-wrap one for the Chiefs, who seemed just as hesitant to accept the gift.

I think Mariota is a better risk than rg3. He isn't nearly as injury prone, has just as good of accuracy and is playing in a much less qb friendly system. He also isn't a one hit wonder; he's been consistently improving since his first year but started out really well.

He's probably not as quick as rg3 but is definitely as fast.

He's not got as many intangibles as Russell Wilson does. But he has a much better nfl body and runs better and he extends plays like Big Ben does.

Yeah, probably. Quite a few times, I'm sure.

Atlanta was considered a contender this season. Nope!

Texans in 2013 went from a top seed to a top draft pick.

You could point at the Lightning Bolts this season, although their dropoff hasn't been quite as precipitous as the Bears. Same with the Bengals, I spose.

I imagine the gigantor pile of money he just recieved might take the edge off of it.

Nah. I doubt that. At 35, he wants to win and for this to happen twice, it hurts. He said in his press conference that he "cried like a baby" and he's not an emotional guy. The money is nice for security but he wants to win a super bowl and to lose another opportunity on a team that was playing well, that hurts.

Nah. I doubt that. At 35, he wants to win and for this to happen twice, it hurts. He said in his press conference that he "cried like a baby" and he's not an emotional guy. The money is nice for security but he wants to win a super bowl and to lose another opportunity on a team that was playing well, that hurts.

All I can say is the guy seems like a prophet or something.

"I don't have to play football for money".

Can anybody explained to me what happened to the Chargers and Rivers?

*Cough* I don't know who it was, but someone said that all the Chargers love was futile because they're the Chargers and will suffer a mid-season swoon. Don't know who that was, but I'll bet she was really smart, and cool. And awesome, and like totally the most popular. *Cough*

Maithanet's answer is pretty fucking dope.

Yeah, probably. Quite a few times, I'm sure.

Atlanta was considered a contender this season. Nope!

Texans in 2013 went from a top seed to a top draft pick.

*Cough* I don't know who it was, but somebody said that both of those teams would not make the playoffs last year (and this year). Don't know who that was... *Cough*

Then again, I think that same person was ranting and raving about the awesome Colts defense a few weeks ago, so they might be a fucking idiot. :P

My feels are hurt for Carson Palmer, he was getting the full Kurt Warner treatment, and to have it all ripped away like that is pretty brutal. I just read that his contract is fully guaranteed next year, but after that it's probably it for him.

LoveRock, I just wasn't feeling it today. I mean, the majority of your rant was the Bears... talk about low-hanging fruit. :P

Pretty good bye week for the Pats -- Buffalo and Miami both cough up late leads and fall another game back in the division standings.

Man, I wish I could have watched the Jets put the beatdown on the Steelers. Unfortunately I was stuck with watching the Bills trying to gift-wrap one for the Chiefs, who seemed just as hesitant to accept the gift.

It was more like the Steelers and the Jets putting the beatdown on the Steelers. I think you would have been even more pleased than you imagine right now had it been on in your area.

The Rand Institute has released a study that says parents with a bachelor's degree or higher are 46% less likely to allow their children to play football.

Highly educated (college degree or higher) individuals were 29 percent less likely to be comfortable with sons playing hockey and about half (46 percent) as likely to be comfortable with sons playing football, relative to adults with lower levels of educational attainment. Highly educated individuals were significantly more comfortable than others with sons participating in basketball, baseball, soccer, and track. Interestingly, education decreases the chances a respondent would be comfortable with their son playing hockey or football, but increases the chances they would be comfortable with these other sports.

(Obama voters are also less likely to allow them to play. For whatever that's worth... :lol: )

I heard Colin Cowherd talking about this today on his show and he took the stance that it was a point in favor of Malcom Gladwell's controversial statement last year that football would become "“ghettoized” -- attracting only those “whom the risks are acceptable” because of the threat posed by head injuries."

Its a very real concern I think. Will we see a large migration away from the game over the ensuing years? I've said for years now that I won't let my son play while readily admitting the hypocrisy of enjoying watching other people's sons play. :dunno:

The Rand Institute has released a study that says parents with a bachelor's degree or higher are 46% less likely to allow their children to play football.

(Obama voters are also less likely to allow them to play. For whatever that's worth... :lol: )

I heard Colin Cowherd talking about this today on his show and he took the stance that it was a point in favor of Malcom Gladwell's controversial statement last year that football would become "ghettoized -- attracting only those whom the risks are acceptable because of the threat posed by head injuries."

Its a very real concern I think. Will we see a large migration away from the game over the ensuing years? I've said for years now that I won't let my son play while readily admitting the hypocrisy of enjoying watching other people's sons play. :dunno:

Yeah, I think this is 100% the way we are going.

I heard Colin Cowherd talking about this today on his show and he took the stance that it was a point in favor of Malcom Gladwell's controversial statement last year that football would become "ghettoized -- attracting only those whom the risks are acceptable because of the threat posed by head injuries."

Yeah, I think this is 100% the way we are going.

Jon Gruden asked if we'd see a 'new' Mark Sanchez or the 'old' Mark Sanchez. Either way, I think we're all in for a treat tonight. Whether we get some kind of a sequel to the ButtFumble or a Sanchize redemption and pouting SuperCam, this is the best Monday Matchup all year.

Archived