Your sister was kidnapped, how do you get her back?

TimJames

Since some will call it "treason", no matter what I do, I go full nasty and "treasonous".

I arrange a nice little murder for Aerys. In the mess that ensues, Rhaegar will have to come out and then I call him out, backed by Stark, Tully, Arryn, Baratheon army. In the meantime, I get into secret communication with Dorne to make baby Aegon the new king in exchange to ally with me against Rhaegar.

But then, I am propably Olenna (or maybe Hoster), not Brandon. I think that his notion of honour does not allow murders and the like.

How about secretly communicating with my father the Lord of the North before I commit an act that will certainly be seen as treason! Might want to make sure my father has no more information about the "abduction" and has the sam emind as what to do. It might just be beneficial to have the entire Northern Force to punctuate my concern over Rhaegars actions instead of stumbling into a trap that gets me and those who came with me attainted and thrown into a dungeon. But of course that would mean that I was not just an arrogant ass and actually had some brains.

Isnt it 'Brendon' older bro too Lyanna and Eddard..........

Rickard and Brandon did go to the king to try yo figure something out. Eddard called the banners after he found out about his father n brother.

I guess if I was Brendon I wouldve stayed away from Kingslanding and the king then write Rheaygar and tell him youre callin youre banners unless there is an explanation or Lyanna is let go. .....

its all Lyannas fault for not letting her family know whats up. All she had to do was say she liked him back....

I'm less and less convinced that Brandon didn't know exactly what was going on.

This. Any brother worth having would have reacted the same way.

Really? Not help in any way, just get himself killed? To quote Hawkeye Pierce, "If we had more people like you, we'd have less people like you".

Ride to the Vale, gather a small army in secret (or as much secrecy as possible) sail to DragonStone via Gulltown and take Aegon, Elia, Rhaenys captive and ask Rhaegar to return my sister or heads start rolling.

Aerys has Varys, so no secrets for you.

This. Any brother worth having would have reacted the same way.

Any idiot brother would go and offend the alleged kidnapper of your sister. Because of course, making him mad is always the great idea. If I had been Brandon the Deflowered, definitely, I would have done that. But me, JCRB, I would have actually approached the thing with caution so no one (or the less possible people) gets hurt.

Also, I wouldn't be as much of an hypocrite for getting mad at someone for doing with my sister what I've done with many other men's sisters or daughters.

If I was Rickard I would

a - I get my hands on Brandon. The boy is prone of taking stupid actions.

b - I would convince Aryn to do the same with Robert. The old man hold great influence on the oaf and at that point theres no reason to start wars

c- I send ravens to the 4 corners of the North and ask any potential allies to do the same. A solid army need time to be built. Just in case things go tits up. Id also send an emissary to the Golden Company. Surely they would love to return home and have a say on who should be the next king.

d - I would send ravens across to all the main noble families in a bid to find my daughter. Make sure you don't accuse the crown prince of anything. Noble families have children of their own and they are likely to sympathize to your cause. Everyone have daughters and they wouldn't want to be in that same situation in the near future.

e - Once identified the location of Rhagaer/Lyanna location, Id go to negotiate with Rhaegar myself. The prince is a reasonable man and wouldn't feel threatened by an old man. Ill be honest with him. What he did is an insult to both Stark and Baratheons who were both loyal subjects to the crown and they didn't deserve such action. Id tell him that Ill support his bid only if he marries Lyanna and divorce Elia Martell. If he is not willing to do so then he should use his influence to have Lyanna married to a big family (Lannister, Baratheons, Tyrells or Aryns) while giving the

Baratheons and Starks the compensation (in land or titles) they deserve.

f - If Rhaegar refuses to any of my negotiations then Ill see if Robert is still willing to marry the girl. If not I have her married to Lord Aryn myself. The time would be ripe to attack Kingslanding and get rid of these wretched family

I'd need time to hammer out some details, but 2 points stand absolute:

1) Go to the capital and demand the death of the Kingdom's heir.

2) Make no mention of my sister whatsoever, be it to ask for her return or inquire about her welfare/location.

As long as I stick to my guns on those 2, the rest really ought to take care of itself.

This is more complicated than how do you get her back because failure isn't an option . Because both the Stone born , the Boltons and the Iron Born will be paying extra attention to this . If you cannot avenge your own why should the other north men follow you , the Skagosi and the Boltons do not love the Starks wish to rule in their own name .If Lyanna comes back pregnant and Rhaegar is still a loss . Anyway you look at it you will either die by Aerys' hand or by Bolton's . But if you wait too late you could lose the Stormlands .

Do I still have Brandon's temperament? Or am I me? Me, I would have written letters and sent them by raven to every Lordly Lord south of the Riverlands telling the realm that Rhaegar had kidnapped my sister. Sending a separate letter to the King asking for justice and my sister returned.

Archived