College Football 2014: The crowning of Mariota

Kalbear

Last one went up right before the ceremony.

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2014/12/13/7388277/marcus-mariota-s-march-to-the-heisman-remembering-his-time-at-oregon

It's amazing that he had a shockingly memorable speech to go with his candidacy. Herbstreit and cameramen were openly crying.

He makes you love.

Mariota was so uncomfortable throughout that event. I don't mean the speech...lots of winners have some trouble and have to take their time with that piece of it. But during the whole broadcast it seemed like he was miserable just sitting there and being the center of attention.

What better way for a Dunyain to secure your faith? He acts as if others make more of him than he is which only strengthens your belief. He claims that he is just a man like you and yet this only serves as the proof you require. Your belief becomes absolute. He makes you love.

I hope he makes us love him by winning the National Championship! Man, I can't think of another player or team that deserves to win it all. And, I hope he just totally dominates, would be a perfect ending to his great career.

I hope he makes us love him by winning the National Championship! Man, I can't think of another player or team that deserves to win it all. And, I hope he just totally dominates, would be a perfect ending to his great career.

I guess I haven't really diagnosed the playoff situation, but Oregon is definitely the team to pull for if you don't have a vested interest in any of the others. FSU is pretty much evil, Alabama is less evil but non 'Bama fans are sick of them and they are an SEC team which all non-SEC fans want to see taken down a peg, Ohio State is an old-guard elite team too, though the B1G is slightly less obnoxious than the SEC.

So yea, Oregon or bust! Failing that, I'd have to pull for Ohio State. Failing THAT, I guess 'Bama. It's not even really about 'Bama though, its more about an entire conference of hangers on that won't shut the fuck up if an SEC team wins. I'd accept 'Bama in a vacuum, but not in an SEC, SEC, SEC world.

FSU and Penn State, the two most unlikable programs out there. Thankfully Penn State is a complete dumpster fire, but FSU is pretty awful. College Station and Tallahassee are two of the most backwater places in the country, so not surprising that either bred completely rotten cultures.

FSU and Penn State, the two most unlikable programs out there. Thankfully Penn State is a complete dumpster fire, but FSU is pretty awful. College Station and Tallahassee are two of the most backwater places in the country, so not surprising that either bred completely rotten cultures.

I think you mean Happy Valley.

I mean, there is a certain amount of schadenfreude to be had either way, but FSU is just unrootable-for right now.

Haha, I like this term. And yea, its true. I bet there are even a couple FSU fans out there struggling with that right now.

Now that you mention it, College Station is pretty backwater too.

Yea, notoriously so. And the culture surrounding the football program is perhaps even more bizarre than State College or Tallahassee... but they haven't committed any recent atrocities that I know of.

I'm rooting for Oregon. The fans I met in Glendale back in 2010 were all great, they are fun to watch, their players seem like good dudes, their cheerleaders are smoking hot, and the Duck is my second favorite costumed mascot.

Fuck FSU because fuck Jameis and Jimbo. Fuck Alabama because they are Alabama and fuck them.

I'd usually say fuck Urban Meyer because he is as big an asshole as Nick Saban, but since they are playing Alabama, I'm pulling for them.

So, as an Auburn guy, my fervent hope is that we get a classic Rose Bowl match up for the championship game in JerryWorld. If it's FSU/Alabama, my fervent hope is that both teams get a painful case of the shits because of the TexMex and the game is cancelled.

Fuck FSU because fuck Jameis and Jimbo. Fuck Alabama because they are Alabama and fuck them.

I'd usually say fuck Urban Meyer because he is as big an asshole as Nick Saban, but since they are playing Alabama, I'm pulling for them.

So, as an Auburn guy, my fervent hope is that we get a classic Rose Bowl match up for the championship game in JerryWorld. If it's FSU/Alabama, my fervent hope is that both teams get a painful case of the shits because of the TexMex and the game is cancelled.

Poetry dude, pure poetry. I concur with the above.

Archived