The worst thing you've ever read.

peterbound

And just because you found it boring it was the worst book you've ever read? I can understand it when people say that they don't like the books, they have different expectations, other preferences, and so on. But saying it's the worst book you've ever read, just because you found it boring? The most boring book I've ever read is by far not the worst thing I've ever read.

Don't get me wrong, but I just want to understand why you find it the worst.

No, I never once said because it was boring it was the worst book I ever read. BUT just because the most boring thing you have read isn't the worst thing you have read doesn't mean the same applies to me.

I basically just found the books miserable to read. There is a good story in there but there is so much bull shit piled around it that it made me want to pull my hair out. I appreciate the fact that Tolkien created this whole world: that is impressive. But it seems as if he tried to explain every detail of every ounce of his world & the story got lost in the midst. At least for me.

I have a new appreciation for the many bullets I've dodged. I think some people here need to glance at a page or two before they buy.

I think the worst I have read (i.e. read more than 20%) is Rhapsody, a preposterous Mary Sue, but Dan Brown's Inferno was so bad that I think it may have been an intentional self-parody. I also read two by Goodkind. WFR was not great. The second was clearly unhinged. But who would read any further than that? I must have a stronger instinct for literary self-preservation than others.

I can't remember the names of any of the dreck I abandoned after two pages. Thankfully, that usually happens in B&N or on Amazon.

Catcher In The Rye, The Pearl, The Mayor Of Casterbridge and a few others stand out as supposed classics that were devoid of any interest or quality. That's a separate category.

Anything in any Yahoo comments section. Even in comparison with such internet sewers as IMDB and YouTube, the comments sections on Yahoo News are the best proof anyone might want that, of all the ways it has changed society, the primary impact of the internet has been to shatter the illusion that the vast majority of the population does not consist of morons. Yahoo is so bad you can pick any news story on any subject completely at random, and not only will the first five pages of comments contain statements that would make Joseph Goebbels join a monastery, but the very first page will feature someone saying something you would never consider repeating even in your own head. You can literally pick any story about anything and the comments section is almost immediately infested by goons, salivating over everything as if web architecture were made out of steak, and raving on and on about their insane causes or paranoid fantasies whether or not they actually have anything to do with the topic of the article.

Yeah you should actually look up Stormdancer. Dude had people calling each other sama as a title instead of a suffix, and I don't really see what legends ge even "tailored" for his garbage. Dude claims he did research and got all bitchy in interviews when it ties out HE READ ONE ARTICLE ON WIKIPEDIA. Dude didn't tailor shit, he's just a dumbass

Funny thing is, I've seen people on Goodreads praising the guy's "research". I don't know that much about Japanese culture, but even I know how badly he was messing it up.

Funny thing is, I've seen people on Goodreads praising the guy's "research". I don't know that much about Japanese culture, but even I know how badly he was messing it up.

Yeah I'd bet good money those are socks, or, at best, 13 years old. Plus the guy freely admits all he did was watch a few animes and read wiki article. Cmon! *shakes desk*

Speaking of things that drive me insane, I had to stop reading everyone-else-loves-it-for-some-goddamn-reason The Night Circus because the prose and writing were so terrible it gave me a bloody migraine. I've gone of on it before but I will again:

ROUND SPHERES!

SPHERES ARE ROUND. SOMETHING IS NOT "LIKE" A "ROUND" SPHERE. AGAGAGAGAgaGaaGGggggdsfdsfdsf*explodes*

Also Twilight is pretty bad.

Is that the one with all the fart jokes?

The real problem here is that anything I found as bad as peter did Monster Hunter in the OP I got rid of, so I can't just look at my shelves and remember. Other than my tie in collections of course. Oh! I got one!

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Around-Realms-Forgotten/dp/0786901195/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418784613&sr=8-1&keywords=once+around+the+realms&pebp=1418784621046

i don't think i even got to the fart jokes :(

i felt that Damned by Chuck Palahniuk was very not good, at least compared to what i've grown to love from the Chuck. i loved the Magicians, but i was really disappointed with the Magician King. Damned was so bad i didn't finish it, but i tried hard with the Magician King, finished the book, and still didn't like it. very slow, very tedious, all characters animated by weird, unlikable ennui. i think the author was aiming for morally grey universe but just ended up with motiveless characters. i have heard that the Magician's Land is good, and i liked the Magicians so much i will try it.

Now, every other story is about teens trying to save the world or make it a better place ( in case of the classic dystopian setting of course)

I'm so pleased you've read every other YA book to make such a dismissive generalisation

Archived