More Beverages You Are Drinking: Buy-Back Round

Xray the Enforcer

Ninkasi/Devil's Backbone "Devil Went Down to Oregon". It's a little... sharp? bright? for a rye ale, but nicely bitter and sits on the sides and back of your tongue. Will likely switch to Founder's Black Rye for the next beer.

The Founder's was more of what I was expecting - slightly heavier and roastier. Still good. I also ordered bread pudding with it, and now exist upon the knife's edge of a coma.

Last night we revisited The Rainbow Project beers, six months after their release. This was the second year (2014) of the collaborative brewing project, with UK brewers getting paired with brewers from mainland Europe to brew a beer inspired by one of the seven colours of the rainbow.

Weirdly, it was the two biggest beers which aged the worst: Siren and De Molen's Empress Stout (violet) and Buxton and Omnipollo's peanut butter biscuit stout (yellow).

The rest were as good or better, with the highlight being Partizan and Mikkeller's quad (blue) - what a beer! I wish we had a case of it.

Excited about this year's UK:US pairings already. I'll dig out a link for it.

We've just used up the last of the giant bottle of rum we've had since MC moved in 5.5 years ago.

40oz of it mixed with orange, pineapple and cranberry juices, a little bit of St Germain and orange bitters to make a delicious punch that will be topped with citrus slices and ginger beer.

Punk IPA, Brooklyn Lager.

Then Heineken. Not a fan.

But it tastes mighty good on a Caribbean beach, where better beers would be wasted. :)

Just made a pot of coffee, because I suddenly realized I hadn't had any today. I hope I don't suffer with sleeplessness for it. It's 2/3 decaf, 1/3 a Starbucks caramel coffee. Only about 2 1/2 cups, made in my teeny tiny brewer.

Irish coffee, with limited options ( I am staying with relatives this week):

Folgers(!)

Bushmills (gross)

Kahlua (covers up the folgers and bushmills

Amaretto (same as the Kahlua)

If you can't be a nineteen year-old girl, might as well drink like one.

Assertion - nineteen-year-olds presently drink neither Bushmills nor amaretto, and even Kahlua is unlikely.

(Please interpret this as a lighthearted age joke, which I am presently too tired to actually construct.)

Archived