Daenerys and Cersei: real bisexuals or just lonely women?

Rrachel

Being sexually attracted to both men and women is kind of the definition of bisexuality; I guess you can argue she's pansexual or polysexual, but she's definitely attracted to women. The phrase "we share too much" suggests a customary practice as opposed to a once-off. And Ellaria isn't just interested in Cersei, she's interested in sleeping with blonde women in general.

When they talk about this "blonde" in ASOS, they are talking about Cersei...

Being sexually attracted to both men and women is kind of the definition of bisexuality; I guess you can argue she's pansexual or polysexual, but she's definitely attracted to women. The phrase "we share too much" suggests a customary practice as opposed to a once-off. And Ellaria isn't just interested in Cersei, she's interested in sleeping with blonde women in general.

I think most people are attracted to people of either gender, to varying extent. I certainly am.

What makes the difference for me is falling in love with a person of either gender. If you can do that, then you're bi. I consider myself straight as, so far, I've only fallen for men. I have male gay friends who find various women sexy, have in fact had sex with women, but they don't fall for them.

Dany isn't bi - she likes men, Irri is essentially playing living sex toy. Which is a whole different issue.

Cersei... I'd say probably not. Tbh Cersei is Jaime-sexual, or more accurately her-male-reflection-sexual. She picked Lancel (also basically a living sex toy, to her) because he resembles Jaime kind of. Other sex with men is just business. With Taena it was trying to play Robert, but there was a hint of something in their interactions in general. But Cersei's gender identification is really blurred so that does affect how her sexuality, aside from "it had never been good with anyone but Jaime" can be perceived.

Everybody is bisexual, most people just lean one way or another in their preferences.

I do think that Cersei leans more towards same-sex attraction than Dany, based on her internal thoughts about her. She may actually be more closely defined as a lesbian by modern standards than bisexual, because I don't recall her having lustful thoughts like that about any man other than Jaime, who might be an exception to her lack of attraction to men because in her mind, he still looks just like her.

Sorry to butt it, but I *think* you simply misunderstood a turn of phrase.

Girls mature earlier than boys, generally isn't referring to emotional maturation but rather sexual maturation. Girls do indeed begin puberty younger than boys do, so their sexual maturation generally happens at a younger age to men's.

Most girls begin puberty age 8-14 and have completed it within 4 years. Boys begin between 9-14 and develop more slowly than girls do. So MOST boys reach sexual maturation older than MOST girls.

I don't think ARRYAGONNAKILL#2 was making out boys are not as "good" or "cool" as girls, but rather simply sighting this well understood phenomenon. That girls mature sexually on a whole younger than boys do. There fore most girls will begin sexually experimenting at younger ages than most boys.

Its not a big difference but it accounts for the generalisation of girls at secondary school to tend to date slightly older boys.

I doubt she was attempting to diss men with her off hand jest.

Oh.. Yeah, you're probably right.

Viserys, my comment was not meant to start an argument with you, I was really just messing around stating what I considered to be a funny fact.

Yeah, sorry. I misunderstood you. But even if you had meant what I thought my "reaction" would've been a bit over the top. I apologize for that :/

Hmm, this is a very good question. If you experiment with someone of the same gender, you're not exactly straight, and some of those scenes went far beyond just simple "experimentation", so I guess I'll lean to them being bi sexual.

Cersei's case isnt bisexuality at all. Its actually something entirely different. Its power play. Its her dominating Taena and putting herself in the "male" shoes, so to speak.

With Dany, its a loneliness thing. Irri saw Dany having a wank and tried to help her along. I guess Dothraki custom is that if you are handmaid to a khaleesi, thats a part of the job. Dany doesnt mind. I think with Dany is that she doesnt view sex as a shameful thing or even as a lewd act. (tbh, its one of the things i kinda like about her.) Dany feels genuine attraction to dudes though and doesnt really think of ladies in the same way. She isnt looking at other gals the way she looked at Drogo or Daario.

I dunno. I wouldn't call Dany as bisexual, although she is fine with sleeping with women, for now only men interest her.

Cersei thought is a bit different. First of all, she is fine with sleeping with anyone if she thinks she needs to do it to achieve her goals. And although she slept with her for the first time out of desire to feel like a man, she continued to sleep with her to ensure Taena's loyalty. But one of the main reasons why Cersei even noticed Taena and started to trust her was because Taena is sexy, so maybe there is a bi part in her.

I'd say that Cersei exhibits more signs of sexual attraction to taena than Dany does towards irri. Honestly the only person we see cersei's attraction towards is Taena - by the time we are in her head she no longer seems sexually attracted to jaime. She comes onto him, yes, but she's never like MMM I want a piece of that. OTOH she is all about some myrish lips/boobs/swamp et al.

Dany really only seems to be actively attracted sexually to Daario. She thinks about drogo but really it seems more "romantic" than sexual. She certainly never thinks about how sexually attractive irri is.

So in the end id say cersei is much closer to being bi if bi means "sexual attraction to either gender" as opposed to "engage in sexual behavior with either gender" which can be more of a convenience thing than a sexuality (see also - prison).

Everybody is bisexual, most people just lean one way or another in their preferences.

I do think that Cersei leans more towards same-sex attraction than Dany, based on her internal thoughts about her. She may actually be more closely defined as a lesbian by modern standards than bisexual, because I don't recall her having lustful thoughts like that about any man other than Jaime, who might be an exception to her lack of attraction to men because in her mind, he still looks just like her.

Everybody is bisexual they're just not aware of it or lean one way or another in their preferences? I would say that leaning one way or the other is what makes the difference of being gay, straight or bi.

Eh I never saw this as much of a question. Irri just gave Dany a helping hand and in a moment of passion Dany let it happen. She asked her not to do it again and continued being attracted towards males after that. Cersei's a bit more complicated, but it still seemed pretty simple to me. She wanted to experience the "male dominance" of a sexual encounter. It was testing her gratification in the process, and she found it wanting.

Archived