No WOW for 2015

Dorian Martell

We've known for some time that the show would end before the books. WoW would never release before 2015 (now very probably in 2016), and then ADOS would not in any possible way be done before 2018 even if Martin's editors chained him to his desk. Meanwhile, the show ends with season 7 which airs in 2017. This is not news at all, to me at least.

And honestly I'm not even sure that's a bad thing. No, Martin is not my bitch and yadda yadda, but I want to know how this story ends before I get a family and start caring about other things. I'm not sure I could be arsed to wait until 2019 (at the very earliest) to know how ASoIaF ends. So I'm actually OK with the show spoiling us in advance. If Martin hadn't wanted to have his story spoiled by HBO, he shouldn't have given the greenlight to a show that would take 8 seasons at most (and he knows this, having worked in the industry) while he still hadn't finished the fifth book and has at least 4 years between books. Unless he immediately started writing faster, there was no way from the beginning he would finish before the show, I'd wager.

It's hard enough to imagine that GOT will wrap up with season 7 before A Dream Of Spring comes out, giving us the last season before the last book.

But it's like rubbing salt in the wound, the thought that the 7th season could very possibly finish before we get even book 6. At this point I can see TWOW not being in our hands, much less the book after it. I'd much rather have one book beaten to the punch than TWO of them.

Ok, my day kinda improve (although, it's saturady alrady here), because Glee has been in a nonstop parade of GoT references, which is fine, even with creepy incest twins and sexual torture, also some ASH but thats fine because Ryan Murphy, and also Jennifer Coolidge and Ken Jeon are in Glee next week, and that's amazing because JC is also the letters for JonCon and she's in 2BG and she's polish there, but here, she is the mom of brittany s. pierce and she's dutch, and Jeon is not actually her dad because her real dad is Stephen Hawkins and Glee ended up having six seasons and a movie. And my tooth doesn't hurt that much anymore.

So, yeah, GRRM. I'm giving you a free pass for the year.

Optimistic interpretations of the prognostications have almost never been rewarded, so I'll lean strongly towards the 'not 2015' version rather than the 'not 2015 yet' version.

I hate the idea that the show will spoil me, but an even greater concern is how deflated an already sporadic impetus to write will be after the story's already been (semi-) told. I could genuinely see it becoming an indefinite project with occasional flourishes of activity separated by great chasms of nothing/other interests.

I still believe Anne Groell about the (only) 168 pages submitted by June 2014. So a corollary of the above is: doubt good news, but believe admissions against interest.

according to the editor, some hundreds of pages of A Dance with Dragons were cut, because the book was very long already. The Battles of Ice, the Battle of Meeren and a third Battle (I guess a Battle between the Gold Company and the Tyrell) were in this pages and will be in WoW.

We've known for some time that the show would end before the books. WoW would never release before 2015 (now very probably in 2016), and then ADOS would not in any possible way be done before 2018 even if Martin's editors chained him to his desk. Meanwhile, the show ends with season 7 which airs in 2017. This is not news at all, to me at least.

And honestly I'm not even sure that's a bad thing. No, Martin is not my bitch and yadda yadda, but I want to know how this story ends before I get a family and start caring about other things. I'm not sure I could be arsed to wait until 2019 (at the very earliest) to know how ASoIaF ends. So I'm actually OK with the show spoiling us in advance. If Martin hadn't wanted to have his story spoiled by HBO, he shouldn't have given the greenlight to a show that would take 8 seasons at most (and he knows this, having worked in the industry) while he still hadn't finished the fifth book and has at least 4 years between books. Unless he immediately started writing faster, there was no way from the beginning he would finish before the show, I'd wager.

um, what does having a family have to do with the books coming out....? lol

Well, at this rate I'm going to finish my doctorate, get married, and see my children to middle school before DoS hits the stores.

I don't have much of a problem with George taking a while... I'm worried that he doesn't seem to get any healthier but he does get older. He said that if he dies, then the show will be absolute canon since he doesn't want anyone finishing his work.

At this rate, before 2015 ends, we'll have threads of how would you raise your puppies if you were King Aegon IV... Or which flowers would you plant if you were Jahaerys I... People may even come to believe that Janos Slynt was truly a hero after so much troll threads.

source?

I can't remember where but I'm certain I read somewhere when they first started the TV show that they thought this would happen and the TV show would likely diverge from the books to create a different ending and storyline.

This makes me not worried if the TV show finished first and we have evidence in the lack of certain characters in the show next season and the way Sansa's story ended last season.

Archived