No WOW for 2015

Dorian Martell

Like other said, he's looks to have a lot of side projects.

tbh, not worried about tWoW, it's what is after that. All they said is that tWoW has no plan for a 2015 release, which just means GRRM isn't done. Say if he's done in this upcoming October-November, it will be released in 2015 most likely. But the books after.... We aren't even sure if GRRM knows how to end the stories. If these next books are just a little like aFfC and aDwD, we can expect more plots to be opened instead of closed.

Looking forward to the Dunk & Egg compilation though. And I hope that October release is b/c the Artist lol.

If GRRM does not finsh by July 2015, I will be greatly disappointed. He had several chapters all ready written. He was out of the Mereen knot.

Thats 4 years between the two books.

I mean A clash of kings came out in what? 1998 Then we got A storm of swords in 2000?

And those books are great.

He just seems a bit uninterested in finishing the series. And rather focus on other things.

Personally, I'm having trouble imagining George giving anyone the impression...

"Hey! Yup! This is the perfect article I want coming out right now!"

Especially along with the trailer/IMAX experience; which has been outstandingly positive.

When I think of it in these terms... Anyone that had anything to do

with the useless article should go back to doing real work

rather than fuel a bunch of s**t everyone was already aware of

I honestly don't know why people are surprised anymore. GRRM's writing pace is notoriously slow, so the fact we'll likely be waiting 5 years (or more) when all is said and done, shouldn't be unexpected.

Is it a pain that we won't have tWoW this year? Definitely. Is the waiting getting really grating? Yes. Is there anything we can do to change these facts? Not a blessed thing.

GRRM will be finished when he's finished. I've said this before, but I'd rather wait for a book the author is happy with than get one that's been rushed out. No matter how irritated I may be with said waiting time.

I am, however, looking forward to the Dunk & Egg compendium in October. Its no substitute for tWoW, but as I've only read the 1st of the three novellas (the prices for books containing the other two are silly) I'm looking forward to this one.

I never thought he would be able to finish the books before the show. That was very unrealistic even years ago.

I was hoping we'd get TWOW before it is presented in the show. I am not very hopeful now.

After ADWD was out I thought end of 2014 was an optimistic estimation, realistic being mid 2015 hopefully before the show season 5.

Now I think beginning of 2016 is an optimistic estimation. The realistic estimation is 2017.

I think the publisher will try to align the release date with season 7.

ADOS is probably a decade ahead if it will ever happen.

So far as I can see, this is just a restatement of something that's been said before: TWOW isn't on the release schedule for 2015. We knew that back in September.

https://twitter.com/janejohnsonbakr/status/513367288469532673

So, the news is essentially that there's no news - no update to that release schedule.

I still believe Anne Groell about the (only) 168 pages submitted by June 2014. So a corollary of the above is: doubt good news, but believe admissions against interest.

Those 168 pages were just the bare minimum that he was contractually obliged to submit to his editor, and they were submitted in February 2013. Anne Groell said that he had more completed, but didn't give an indication on how much more. Likely because she herself doesn't know.

It'll be done when it's done. If GRRM can finish it in time for a 2015 release, it will be released in 2015. Simple as.

So far as I can see, this is just a restatement of something that's been said before: TWOW isn't on the release schedule for 2015. We knew that back in September.

So, the news is essentially that there's no news - no update to that release schedule.

Oh, be fair, they also reiterated that the "12 days of Christmas" was not a countdown to the (announcement of the) publication date. That news isn't even two months old.

I love how his publisher tried to desperately promote the up coming Dunk and Egg novel that more or less just consists of 3 already published books. She must really be getting desperate, lol

"The book you want wont be out this year, but later this year you'll be able to re buy 3 short stories George wrote ages ago".

But such "news" give fans excellent opportunities to whine, complain and bash GRRM. :(

Not true. The problem is that he writes massive books, not that he's a slow writer. There's an analysis somewhere that shows (based on word count) his pace is roughly the same as JL Rowlings and faster than some other writers.

Martin wrote AFFC and ADWD in a total of 11 years. They have a total of 724 000 words, thus, his writing speed is 180 words a day or 0,6 pages a day. JK Rowling took 10 years to write 1 080 000 words, which puts her writing speed at 296 words a day or 0,99 pages a day. Not quite the same.

What I find funny is that everyone is constantly saying that Martin's books are long and that's the reason they take so long to write. Well, Steven Erikson's and Brandon Sanderson's books are just as long and they release new books at least once every two years. The same applied to Robert Jordan. The only authors I can think of who are equally slow or at least in close proximity, are Patrick Rothfuss and R. Scott Bakker.

I honestly didn't expect TWoW until 2016. Oh well. It is what it is. I would never want this book to be rushed.

Shame on the people that are bitching about GRRM doing things on the side, not working fast enough, doing anything other than writing, etc.

Seriously. You aren't the ones writing the damn books.

Anybody that has ever put their heart into writing something knows that you can't just sit down and write something out of nowhere.

GRRM has become a household name. He has become an even larger success because of the HBO show. The show has brought a whole lot of new readers to the series (myself included). Did you think with the added success of the show, goings on in his personal life, and the pressure to produce more material to finish the series was going to allow the completion to come easier after all that?

Be patient. Read another book for the time being.

Some of you don't seem to have a lot of empathy for the guy that is doing all the work to finish your favorite story.

Archived