Cricket 26: Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis and... Irish, oh my

Zoë Sumra

England won comfortably there, but it's not exactly a performance that will be striking fear into their other opponents. Other than Ali I don't think their batting was particularly impressive.

Put Dhawan in my team yesterday. Then I dithered over and decided not to add Moeen. /facepalm

I was wondering how I lost first place after the last match since I had several players scoring reasonable points then noticed the MCCGeek got 606 points for having Moeen as their Captain. I had Moeen in my team for earlier games as well...

Australia vs NZ should be a great game. Two teams in top form. Really hoping my Aussies can do the job in Auckland but with the Kiwi swing bowlers and a parochial home crowd, it might be tough for Australia.

I think Aus vs NZ could be the highlight of the group stages, difficult to pick a winner there.

The cricinfo commentators are saying that Samuels' innings is 'baffling'. I guess if Gayle is cruising at the other end all Samuels has to do is play the sheet anchor.

With Gayle smashing, Samuels is doing the right thing and it isnt harming the WI. If Gayle gets out then Samuels has to be more aggressive.

With Gayle smashing, Samuels is doing the right thing and it isnt harming the WI. If Gayle gets out then Samuels has to be more aggressive.

I agree. And given that they are well over 300 now with still a few overs to go, I think Samuels has effectively answered any critics.

I just realised that Samuels and Gayle compiled the entire WI score.

How bad must Dwayne Smith be feeling that he got out for a duck?

Must be harsh being the only one to miss out, especially when you get a duck.

The Zimbabweans will give their all to get this total but I think it will be a bit too much for them.

Well, it figures. I had Gayle and/or Samuels in my team previously, decided to remove them since they were playing shit, and then they go and score 372 between them. This is why I suck at fantasy leagues. :( I think I'm going to stop selecting South African top order batsmen.

Well, it figures. I had Gayle and/or Samuels in my team previously, decided to remove them since they were playing shit, and then they go and score 372 between them. This is why I suck at fantasy leagues. :( I think I'm going to stop selecting South African top order batsmen.

Mm, I just dropped Gayle. :(

I think I may have been too quick to write off the West Indies. Still not sure they'll go far in the tournament, but every team playing them is going to be a bit nervous from now on.

I think I escaped that match relatively unscathed. My WI batsman never even made it in. My ZIM bowler took one wicket (boo), but also has a pleasingly terrible economy rate.

I think Darren Bravo is injured, not sure if he's out for the tournament?

Wahey, gambling that Gayle would come good gets me 900 pts. Not too shabby. It probably doesn't say good things about how the rest of my selections have been going that it represents nearly a third of all the points I've got though.

I think you might get the record for best single pick, although I wouldn't be too surprised if there's another double century at some point in the tournament.

I've swapped out one UAE dude for another. We shall see how this goes.

Re: D. Bravo -- ah, you're right. Happened while I was on vacation and not watching closely. If he's not ready for the next match I'll have to replace him.

I've decided to stick with a "everyone from the non-host nations" approach for at least the first half of group play. That way, I'm catching teams on-form and off-form. After that, I'll decide if I switch it up to focus on teams that are really dire.

Archived