NFL 2015 offseason: the draft is only two months away

DanteGabriel

Does any of this really matter? Does anyone really care? I don't know, but WTF, It's March for Chrissakes!

Not sure if it matters or not, but it would be kind of fun to see those two teams attempt to share a stadium. Divisional rivals with quite a bit of history and two fanbases that pretty much hate one another. Anyways, it doesn't look to be too likely to happen, as San Diego seems like it's going to fold and pony up an owner friendly stadium deal.

I'd be pissed, but the Jets don't have a QB worth getting destroyed by him anyway. So I'll just take joy at the prospect of him getting Brady's face.

Meanwhile in other parts of the AFC East, McCoy has reportedly agreed to a five year, $40 million (26.5 million guaranteed) deal with the Bills. So I guess worries of him holding out can be put to rest.

Yup, more money than Watt. I didn't expect it to get this high but I guess Dolphins really, really want him. I know some Raiders fans who are gonna be sour but that's quite a lot of money for one dude. Fuck that.

Watt will never get on the open market. You get on the open market, you have to pay "retail". He is as dominant a defensive tackle as has been in the league in years. Decades? It's a lot of $ but he's worth it. He's not Albert Haynesworth. He's Warren Sapp. I'm just glad he is out of the NFC.

Yeah, he is a dominating beast but I'm always very hesitant dealing with that type of money. But I'd be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't want my team(Giants) to get him if they had the amount of cap room that other teams do, dude is a game changer. So basically I'm just jealous, but I am glad he's out of the NFC too.

I wouldn't pay him that much when you realize what the Patriots did to Suh and the best defensive line in football last year.

Yeah, I'm sure the Pats can't wait to see him two times a year now.

eta:

Eagles reportedly signing Frank Gore http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12445109/frank-gore-plans-sign-philadelphia-eagles

and Byron Maxwell http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/eagles-reportedly-spending-big-on-byron-maxwell/

edit2: Boy I hope this holds up!

Nathan Jahnke @PFF_NateJahnke 7m7 minutes ago

Byron Maxwell had an Overall @PFF Rating of +3.3 against Philadelphia in 2014, and a PFF Rating of -6.3 against everyone else.

Hmm. Good price, but I'm not sure his running style really fits that offense.

Yeah I kind of agree. It seemed he wasn't playing a lot of consecutive downs in the 49er offense. I'll be interested to see what kind of adjustments Kelly will make to fit him into that frenetic offense.

That said, what a sad day for Niner Nation. Of all the guys this "organization" jettisoned this off- season, this one is the most beloved. A true football player, and the heart and soul of this team. I' am going to miss him, and will be rooting for him until the day he decides to hang them up.

That said, what a sad day for Niner Nation. Of all the guys this "organization" jettisoned this off- season, this one is the most beloved. A true football player, and the heart and soul of this team. I' am going to miss him, and will be rooting for him until the day he decides to hang them up.

Couldn't have said it better. I had a feeling it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier.

The RB market is fairly insane this year. Ingram gets $4 million for four years, and Lynch essentially gets $12 million for one. McCoy get $8 million a year.

I think this probably prices out Demarco Murray from returning to the Cowboys. I wish him well on the Colts.

The RB market is fairly insane this year. Ingram gets $4 million for four years, and Lynch essentially gets $12 million for one. McCoy get $8 million a year.

I think this probably prices out Demarco Murray from returning to the Cowboys. I wish him well on the Colts.

I think you might be right. They may go mid-level defense in free agency and draft a running back in the first round.

On the bright side, looks like Philly is losing Maclin to the Chiefs. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/report-jeremy-maclin-joining-kansas-city/

I think you might be right. They may go mid-level defense in free agency and draft a running back in the first round.

On the bright side, looks like Philly is losing Maclin to the Chiefs. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/report-jeremy-maclin-joining-kansas-city/

Where WRs go to block.

Jeebus! Did a WR ever end up catching a TD for the Chiefs last season? I honestly don't recall :P

ETA: Don't answer that! I just looked and...no, no they did not :ack:

Archived