NFL 2015 offseason: the draft is only two months away

DanteGabriel

Word is that Manning also has incentives in his contract to get that $4 mil back.

JL's aggressive indifference grows.

Bleh, so just meaningless PR.

Steelers preparing to release Polamalu if he doesn't retire. Sad news, but it's for the best. He's been a shadow of his former self the past couple seasons.

ETA: Here's an article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476330/article/troy-polamalu-not-in-steelers-plans-for-2015

Polamalu in his prime was one of the most fun defensive players I've ever seen. His instincts and ability to create havoc were awesome to behold. Fuck, nothing like a great safety to make a defense unpredictable and terrifying. As a Skins fan, I forget what that's like.

Think he has an easy hall of fame case. He's got a DPOY, he's got the pro bowls. There was at least half a decade where either he or Ed Reed was the best safety in the game and Polamalu was just flat the most fun to watch.

Think he has an easy hall of fame case. He's got a DPOY, he's got the pro bowls. There was at least half a decade where either he or Ed Reed was the best safety in the game and Polamalu was just flat the most fun to watch.

Yeah, he and Reed should both be no-brainers for the HoF. I didn't think that was even a question, though given my opinion of the HoF voters, maybe it's not as ironclad as I first thought...

Not to get in the middle of a fight, but Jerry Jones had little to do with the rings, Jimmy Johnson 95%, Jerry 5%split between the two.

I have to say I am a little scared of any trade the Eagles do. I hate them with a passion and wish they would just move to London, so to hear they are actually being proactive and making smart moves scares me.

Not to get in the middle of a fight, but Jerry Jones had little to do with the rings, Jimmy Johnson 95%, Jerry 5%split between the two.

I have to say I am a little scared of any trade the Eagles do. I hate them with a passion and wish they would just move to London, so to hear they are actually being proactive and making smart moves scares me.

Eagles are - imo going to make a major play for Mariota, likely target a guy like telvin Coleman as well and they just cleared some money to re-up maclin. Chip tried making it work with some pieces/parts but I think this is the year he makes this "his thing", what to do with Foles?

Good news is none of that fixes their defense - lol!

I think there is a bit of a perception that Polamalu was more hype than game, but I don't think it is strong enough to deny him HoF. Nor should it. I never thought he was actually the best, but the most fun to watch for sure. He made a lot of mistakes by being out of position. But he made up for them most of the time with great instincts and he seemed to have an exceptional ability to get the other offense off the field, either with a blowup play or a turnover.

He'd get my vote if I had one.

I think there is a bit of a perception that Polamalu was more hype than game, but I don't think it is strong enough to deny him HoF. Nor should it. I never thought he was actually the best, but the most fun to watch for sure. He made a lot of mistakes by being out of position. But he made up for them most of the time with great instincts and he seemed to have an exceptional ability to get the other offense off the field, either with a blowup play or a turnover.

Hell yes. First ballot Hall of Famer as far as I'm concerned. Game changing Safety, without a doubt.

Eagles are - imo going to make a major play for Mariota, likely target a guy like telvin Coleman as well and they just cleared some money to re-up maclin. Chip tried making it work with some pieces/parts but I think this is the year he makes this "his thing", what to do with Foles?

Good news is none of that fixes their defense - lol!

Kelly seems pretty principled in the Belichick sense of not going all-in to get or keep one guy, no matter how talented. But one has to wonder if that holds true with Oregon guys or if he doesn't have a little Spurrier in him. He used a 3rd and 5th rounder on Ducks last year (Josh Huff, Taylor Hart) and just traded for Kiko Alonso. Mariota will be a great test. It'll take a ton to trade up from #20 to a top 5 pick. How badly does he want Mariota?

Yeah, he definitely played a gambling style and got burned more than a couple times. Still think the unpredictability he created was the perfect antidote to counterpunch against programmed passers like PFM who are unstoppable when they know precisely where every single player on the defense is going to be. Polamalu seems like the perfect safety for this offensive era of football. (Reed too was absurdly capable of fooling passers).

Thought this article was interesting. 32 representatives of every team show up at Auburn's pro day, but Bill Belichick is the only head coach. And he pretty much runs the DL drills. Is that normal, or is he just the hardest working coach in the NFL? Or did he just want to get away from the cold weather for a few days?

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/03/04/3597197/auburn-players-relish-chance-to.html

Polamalu in his prime was one of the most fun defensive players I've ever seen. His instincts and ability to create havoc were awesome to behold. Fuck, nothing like a great safety to make a defense unpredictable and terrifying. As a Skins fan, I forget what that's like.

I'll never forget him jumping the O-line (the multiple times he did it). Not to mention the many times he intercepted a pass and weaved his way all over the field in a wild effort to reach the endzone. He'll be missed for certain...

He and Reed were definitely the most entertaining safeties of this past generation.

I think Polamalu's issue was that he never really adjusted his game to account for his decline in physical skills. Not only did his gambles work less (e.g. when he jumps the offensive line to disrupt a handoff, but get there half a second late), but he couldn't recover as well. He's still a Hall of Famer.

I think Polamalu's issue was that he never really adjusted his game to account for his decline in physical skills. Not only did his gambles work less (e.g. when he jumps the offensive line to disrupt a handoff, but get there half a second late), but he couldn't recover as well. He's still a Hall of Famer.

I think you're exactly right. When he lost his speed, the explosive plays didn't happen as much anymore, but he kept playing the same way which put his declining physical skill under the light.

I agree, but think it was even worse than that during the last few years. Back in the mid-00's, he would gamble, but was still fast and agile enough to reverse course and still make the play even if he was wrong. Now, he actually gambles more often in order to compensate for his declining skills. Worse, even the successful gambles only allow him to make a good play instead of a great one, and the much, much more common failed gambles make him a liability.

Niners sign Darnell Dockett...

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_27649655/49ers-sign-former-arizona-cardinals-defensive-tackle-darnell

Could be a rather scary line if Justin Smith returns as has something left in the tank.

Could be. They'll need to be. They'll be on the field a lot.

Archived