NFL 2015 offseason: the draft is only two months away

DanteGabriel

Niners sign Darnell Dockett...

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_27649655/49ers-sign-former-arizona-cardinals-defensive-tackle-darnell

Could be a rather scary line if Justin Smith returns as has something left in the tank.

Not sure how much DD has left, tbh. Pass rush is still a threat, but he's been a problem vs. the run for a couple years now. Not sure how Mangenius is gonna run things. If the 9ers went too far above the 1.5 'Zona was reportedly offering, this may be regrettable.

I'm hearing stuff all over the place re:Smith. I know some reporters are making a lot out of the fact that the 9ers really upped the interest in DD after their first sit down with the Cowboy.

Edit: lol, clicked on link, saw salary numbers, and iPad crashed, not kidding. Seemed very fitting. Oh, well, here's hoping they know more than I do.

You will be surprised. SF had the 6th highest total time of possession last season. It can and will get a LOT worse.

Yeah, honestly I'm increasingly inclined to think it's going to be a steep and sudden decline rather than a toned down version of the 3 straight championship years. I can envision a scenario where Kaepernick goes from being the goat to being the bright spot without too much individual improvement. I think we'll miss Iupati more than people are anticipating, I think the cb spot is really boom or bust, and we just have so many major injury questions regarding players whose game centres on exceptional athleticism.

And with all the off-field crap, I can see it breaking hard if it starts to break at all.

I don't think you can spin it any other way. Harbaugh took a team that was routinely going 6-10 or so and made them near champions for 3 years straight + a respectable 4th year - just like he has basically everywhere he's gone. We replace him with what appears to be a collection of idiots - and replace Vic Fangio too. Coaching in the NFL is really what appears to be the biggest non-QB factor in a team's success.

Yeah, honestly I'm increasingly inclined to think it's going to be a steep and sudden decline rather than a toned down version of the 3 straight championship years. I can envision a scenario where Kaepernick goes from being the goat to being the bright spot without too much individual improvement. I think we'll miss Iupati more than people are anticipating, I think the cb spot is really boom or bust, and we just have so many major injury questions regarding players whose game centres on exceptional athleticism.

And with all the off-field crap, I can see it breaking hard if it starts to break at all.

Oh yeah, it's going to get ugly quick, but I at least hope the defensive acumen will still be there.

Brandon Marshall is reportedly on the trade block for a single mid-round pick.

I have no respect left for the NFL and what little respect I had for the Bears is quickly vanishing. I'm seriously contemplating just walking away from the NFL.

Oh yeah, it's going to get ugly quick, but I at least hope the defensive acumen will still be there.

Fangio and in some ways even more Donatello are going to be seriously missed. One or the other, maybe. Both is gonna be a headache imo.

I have no respect left for the NFL and what little respect I had for the Bears is quickly vanishing. I'm seriously contemplating just walking away from the NFL.

Jeez. The franchise is deep in rebuilding mode, but they are coming away from a ten-year stretch where their worst seasons were 7-9, and the best include a Super Bowl appearance. Is this really all it takes to make you jump ship?

Browns/Bills/Raiders/Lions/Vikings fans mock your soft, squishy heart.

You don't want Brandon Marshall on your team. His Borderline Personality Disorder was in high gear last season and he was uncontrollable. If you are rebuilding a team, why would you want a 31 year old headache on your squad?

Fangio and in some ways even more Donatello are going to be seriously missed. One or the other, maybe. Both is gonna be a headache imo.

How bad can it be? The niners hired their tight ends coach to be their d-coordinator.

Fangio was perhaps the most under rated coordinator in the league. They had no DBs, injured (suspended too) in their front 7 and still were respectable. Damn fine coach

Between the congenial head coach and his two cordinators the niners have a special kind of potential trainwreck on their hands...

On paper he may be worth a 5th/6th pick but you won't want this dude anywhere near your locker room unless you have a very, very strong headcoach and a qb to tell him to stfu.

How bad can it be? The niners hired their tight ends coach to be their d-coordinator.

Fangio was perhaps the most under rated coordinator in the league. They had no DBs, injured (suspended too) in their front 7 and still were respectable. Damn fine coach

Between the congenial head coach and his two cordinators the niners have a special kind of potential trainwreck on their hands...

Pssh not like they're bringing in homeless guys to coach the team.

Formerly homeless, sure.

Oh, yeah. Now this is the part where everyone acts like they've never lived in their car with a couple of cats.

One of Jim Tomsula's best blitzes came from simulating A-gap pressure with a one eared tabby while the Siamese acts like its dropping into coverage and then swings wide over the dashboard to bring blindside heat.

One of Jim Tomsula's best blitzes came from simulating A-gap pressure with a one eared tabby while the Siamese acts like its dropping into coverage and then swings wide over the dashboard to bring blindside heat.

Reads even better in his voice.

BLUDGEON!!

You don't want Brandon Marshall on your team. His Borderline Personality Disorder was in high gear last season and he was uncontrollable. If you are rebuilding a team, why would you want a 31 year old headache on your squad?

Sounds like most wide receivers.

Niners finally make a move I agree with. Just before Aldon Smith's 9.75 was about to become guaranteed, they worked out a restructured deal where it's paid out in a series of chunks based on specific incentives. His agent even said that Aldon wasn't forced to do this, there was no threat of being cut or w/e, just that he realizes he's been his own worst enemy and wants to repay the 9ers support and bet on himself at the same time.

Nice.

Edit: slightly related, it appears all charges against Ray McDonald have been dropped. Which kinda makes the Niners look like the bad guys for releasing him for being accused, imo.

Archived