Biggest show failures over Seasons 1-4

Lord of Winterhell

What a coincidence that nearly everyone on this thread is a professional director, screenwriter, actor, show runner, and psychic. The way you guys vehemently criticize every aspect of the production of one of the biggest television series ever made, and can even foresee what D&D are doing before the season airs is remarkable.

I take it that every single one of you is capable of writing, producing, and acting in a far superior show?

What a coincidence that nearly everyone on this thread is a professional director, screenwriter, actor, show runner, and psychic. The way you guys vehemently criticize every aspect of the production of one of the biggest television series ever made, and can even foresee what D&D are doing before the season airs is remarkable.

I take it that every single one of you is capable of writing, producing, and acting in a far superior show?

I don't play football either. I can still tell you for a fact that Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Mark Sanchez, also, that Cate Blanchett is a better actress than Tara Reid, that Shakespeare is a better writer than Danielle Steel.

Come on. Besides the "everything what differs from the books crowd" there have been made some valid points.

Yes there have been some valid points made. For example, I agree that the Jaime/Cersei sept scene was mishandled. I agree that Lady Stoneheart should have been in "The Children." I agree that Yara's whole Dreadfort thing was mishandled.

But there's a difference between discussing things you didn't like, stuff you didn't understand, stuff you didn't agree with, whatever (all of which is perfectly acceptable) and calling the show runners idiots, perverts, etc and saying they don't know how to do their jobs. Saying the writers are immature and make you "cringe." Saying the actors play the characters wrong.

If you guys think the show is terrible and offensive and sexist and violent, don't watch it. Don't bring all the negativity here.

What an idiotic comment

Really. I see the complaining about the complaints.......but I notice there is no explanation for The Hound's varying codes, week to week? It's such a little example, but it does say so much. I'm all for all the chicken in the fucking room......but that doesn't mean I don't notice a lack of continuity week to week, much less year to year.

I'm sorry, but you need a PhD in "Westeros.org Users" to comment on the subject.

Dude go hang out in a different thread where people are praising the show or something. You're in the biggest failures thread bitching about people who have problems with the show :lol: shit is priceless.

It's not even a "things I sort of don't like" thread, it's a BIGGEST FAILURES thread. :lol:

I think it is the Sept scene by a country mile. Nothing comes close to the failure of that scene because it was clearly a screw up. Someone, somewhere along the line didn't catch that the scene that wasn't supposed to be a straight forward rape, came across as a rape.

It is more obvious this wasn't the intent because of their next encounter the following episode. Cersei was the one with the power again, and no obvious signs of a rape.

It was never supposed to be a pleasant scene, and even the book scene can be argued as a rape, but not in the way it came off in the show.

Honestly stuff like Stoneheart is just nitpicking to me. She may just be cut completely, and the show might not need her (since we really don't know what her role is in the books). Same with Coldhands. He is cool, but the show didn't need him.

The sept scene though was just a failure. Would of been better of cutting it then doing what they aired.

Oh yeah the Ironborn at the Dreadfort was a disappointment. Especially because of the way they built it up in the Season 3 finale

If it GOES somewhere this season maybe it can be redeemed, but ya I really don't understand the point of the season.

The Craster's keep filler at least moved Jon's character along.

The dreadfort did nothing at all (well it established how far gone Theon is, but they had already did that a number of times). I feel like they just didn't know what to do with the Iron Islands because they were still juggling on whether to include the plot or not and when to introduce it if they were.

The dreadfort did nothing at all (well it established how far gone Theon is, but they had already did that a number of times). I feel like they just didn't know what to do with the Iron Islands because they were still juggling on whether to include the plot or not and when to introduce it if they were.

It also gave Ramsay the idea to use Theon to take Moat Cailin, after seeing that Theon was completely loyal to him and wouldn't even betray him for his own sister.

It also gave Ramsay the idea to use Theon to take Moat Cailin, after seeing that Theon was completely loyal to him and wouldn't even betray him for his own sister.

Wasn't this thread already planted during the shaving scene though? I don't recall anything in the raid that really added to the Moat Cailin plot.

Scene just seemed pointless, and made little sense since they broke in and seemingly broke out with out any problems at all. If it lead to Yara's capture then I could at least see something there. If it leads to her missing the moot (if that even happens) it has a purpose (though a crappy one).

Wasn't this thread already planted during the shaving scene though? I don't recall anything in the raid that really added to the Moat Cailin plot.

Scene just seemed pointless, and made little sense since they broke in and seemingly broke out with out any problems at all. If it lead to Yara's capture then I could at least see something there. If it leads to her missing the moot (if that even happens) it has a purpose (though a crappy one).

I agree that the scene was badly written and directed, I was just saying why I didn't consider it to be filler. I drew my conclusion because right afterwards, Ramsay and Theon had that bath scene where Ramsay tells him his plan for taking Moat Cailin. I don't think Ramsay realized just how far gone Theon reall was and it hadn't crossed his mind that he could be valuable to him. The shaving scene showed Ramsay was aware that Theon would never harm him for fear of what would happen to him, but I don't think he thought of Ramsay of anything more than just his pet. When Yara offered Theon an escape back home, away from the pain, and Theon refused adamantly and stayed at Ramsay's side, I'm sure a light bulb went off inside Ramsay's head. It was then that Ramsay saw Theon's use and worth and came up with the idea, imo.

I agree that the scene was badly written and directed, I was just saying why I didn't consider it to be filler. I drew my conclusion because right afterwards, Ramsay and Theon had that bath scene where Ramsay tells him his plan for taking Moat Cailin. I don't think Ramsay realized just how far gone Theon reall was and it hadn't crossed his mind that he could be valuable to him. The shaving scene showed Ramsay was aware that Theon would never harm him for fear of what would happen to him, but I don't think he thought of Ramsay of anything more than just his pet. When Yara offered Theon an escape back home, away from the pain, and Theon refused adamantly and stayed at Ramsay's side, I'm sure a light bulb went off inside Ramsay's head. It was then that Ramsay saw Theon's use and worth and came up with the idea, imo.

That is possible.

In any case I still don't think it touches the utter failure that is the sept scene.

The worst they did was fucking up Jon in seasons 2 & 3. They made him look like a clueless doofus (which he clearly isn't) when he's supposed to be one of the main heroes of the story. Made a really bad impression on the audience. They've righted that wrong in season 4, but still. Damage is already done.

Why are the best killers afraid of Ramsay shirtless and some dogs and how do they just appear at their boat it's like a scene was just missing. Maybe Theon was too far gone but the Boltons flayed their people who surrounded peacefully ironborn don't take that shit.

The Ironborn were intimidated and shamed by Ramsay's sixpack. They ran away to do squats and drink some Muscle Milk

Archived