What is really annoying you today? v.3.0

Bluetiger

Going by the fact that you live with your brother, I'm going to assume you still live with your parents, get them to do something about it. If your parents can't get him to change his ways, neither will you, you're going to have to take things in your own hands...

If the amount of money he steals from you is substantial, you might want to invest in a personal safe, they're not too expensive and last pretty much forever. You can keep your valuables and wallet in it, where your brother can't get to it. It's what I did after my little sister stole my savings back when I was in high school. Alternatively, install a lock on your door. Might be seen as a direct declaration of war by the whole household, but eh.

Food, you're going to have to bite the bullet. Buy in smaller quantities so that he never actually gets the time to eat your food. Takes more trips to the market, but that might actually be a good thing, walks to the local market are a pleasant activity.

For the noise, it's as simple as earplugs or music with earphones.

Finally, if it's financially feasible, move out. No reason to stay with people you genuinely detest, no?

The story with my family is a long one, but in short, he's not going to get disciplined any time soon. There's a lot of highly emotional stress in this house.

But in practical terms, I think I'll look into the lock on my door. And maybe a mini fridge for my food.

Ha. If it was financially feasible to live alone, I never would have moved back home after graduating. Such is the state of things at the moment. But it's top of my to-do list.

My neighbour's exercise bike.

The thing is badly in need of an oiling. Every time he's on it the damned thing squeaks like crazy - not minor squeaking either, you can hear it over the television/radio - the dog is hearing it & he's going nuts. Now, if we can hear the squeaking through a shut door & over the tv programme, he must hear it.

We've asked him nicely to get the thing oiled, but he hasn't done it. It's driving us & the dog nuts.

The story with my family is a long one, but in short, he's not going to get disciplined any time soon. There's a lot of highly emotional stress in this house.

But in practical terms, I think I'll look into the lock on my door. And maybe a mini fridge for my food.

Ha. If it was financially feasible to live alone, I never would have moved back home after graduating. Such is the state of things at the moment. But it's top of my to-do list.

Alright, I hope the lock doesn't add to that emotional stress, and that it all works out for you.

OT: It's birthday season, and it seriously fucks up my weekly budget. I can afford it, and going out is good for me, but for some reason, seeing my bank account lighter instead of fuller at the end of the week makes me nervous. I know it's irrational to feel that way, and that I am just being stingy, but still...

im v unhappy and tomorrow is the last full day i have to work on my dissertation and then i finish uni a month after that after my last exam and what if my dissertation does not even get a 2:2 i genuinely have nightmares that i don't even get a 2:2 and i don't know what i would do if those became a reality i would feel worthless and not good enough to do anything ever

Time Warner Cable. So angry. I moved one month ago. Cancelled my internet. Returned my equipment. Paid my final bill. ONE MONTH AGO. Went to apply for a car loan after having spent a couple of months carefully examining my credit and loan options and was denied because TWC has sent my account to a collection agency without ever having sent me a bill, given me a phone call, nothing. Again, this is after I canceled my service with them one fucking month ago. Of course, I'm working with my credit union to appeal the denial and I've been told they will likely approve after a review, but still. I destroyed my credit in my early and mid 20's and have spent all the years since then trying to recover and now this fucking cable company decides that they are just going to arbitrarily send my account to a collection agency ONE MONTH after my last payment. So I'm annoyed and angry.

Oh, in case anyone cares, the amount the collection is for is $3.52. Yes, you read that right.

This crap continues.

I ended up receiving a check in the mail for $3.52. I rolled my eyes. The collection agency TWC sent my account to has been calling me incessantly. They now say I owe $95, apparently for the cost of equipment they say I didn't return. I did. I have proof. I've called TWC to give them the proof. They say they have the proof that I returned the equipment and that they have even tracked down the equipment. They continue to say they have to keep investigating before they will remove my account from their collection agency. In the meantime, I continue to have a collection account on my credit, continue to be harassed with these phone calls and still have received no bill in the mail. I also still have not received any bill in the mail for alleged debt. How is this even legal? It's clear they made a mistake and it's clear they know it's a mistake and it's clear they've even amended their mistake to make it a bigger mistake, and yet I'm still left with the consequences of their mistake that won't be fixed even if I simply just pay them what I don't even owe them.

This is all so fucking annoying.

My uncle is sharing racist bullshit on facebook again. :bang:

Horrify him by announcing you are in a relationship with someone from another country and watch the fireworks as he seethes. It's glorious.

Unless he isn't that bad yet, of course.

A work colleague of mine admitted that she wasn't going to vote tomorrow, because she hadn't bothered to register.

Seriously. My wife is considering saving up £1000+ to become British so she can vote. And this woman didn't even bother to register?

A work colleague of mine admitted that she wasn't going to vote tomorrow, because she hadn't bothered to register.

Seriously. My wife is considering saving up £1000+ to become British so she can vote. And this woman didn't even bother to register?

People like this anger me. I know a few people like that, so whenever they complain about the country, I tell them that they have no right, because they didn't bother to vote.

What's annoying me today? Ha. Genuinely, I'm not sure what else could go wrong right now. (That's not a challenge, universe. Leave me be.)

Archived