What is really annoying you today? v.3.0

Bluetiger

Unnecessarily angry Comcast rant contained herein.

Comcast. FUCKING COMCAST. I swear their customer service reps are the most incompetent people I have ever had to deal with in my life.

I moved to a new apartment a little over a week ago, so I call to transfer my service to the new place. I ask if I can use the same equipment I have now rather than waiting for a new self-install kit to ship. "Of course sir, no problem. Just hook up your modem in the new place and you'll be good to go."

Great. Hook it up on the day we move, it's working. Awesome, good job Comcast that was actually quick and painless for once. NOPE.

Last Wednesday comes along and the internet stops working. Call customer service. "Seems you're still using the modem from your old address and it's just been deactivated, hook up your new one." "You didn't send me a new one because you told me I could use the old one." "Yeah I dunno why they told you that cause that's utter bullshit, I'm sending you a new one it'll be there Friday."

Okay, so suffer through two nights without internet...whatever, fine.

Friday comes, no modem. Saturday, no modem. Sunday.

Monday I call again. "Oh they sent your router via standard shipment rather than expedited as you specifically requested because fuck you that's why, it should be there tomorrow here's the tracking number."

Tracking number is for a package that was delivered weeks ago to North Carolina.

Tuesday, no modem. Wednesday, full week without the service I'm paying for, no modem. Call again.

"Wow they really fucked up I don't even know if they actually shipped you anything. I'm gonna go ahead and send you another router it'll be there in 3-5 business days." Tell her if I don't get it sooner my next phone call will be to AT&T, she tells me I can just pick one up at the service center five minutes away instead.

Why in the name of everlasting fuck did you not tell me I could do that to begin with? You could have saved me a full week of this nonsense.

Please Google come to South Florida and save me from these assholes.

/rant

My left shoe split at training tonight. I wear squash shoes rather than fencing shoes because they're quarter of the price, and I can afford another pair of squash shoes, but it's still a pain. Pondering a repair job with gaffer tape.

I am very tired today, and as a consequence, everything is annoying as hell. Including this forum. I need to be isolated from other people; someone may get hurt.

And it won't be me. Grrrrrrrrr.

I feel very lost atm like i have no purpose or meaning in my life

Try some caffeine and put on a goofy hat/ costume / outfit. That always helps me find direction in life. It'll pass, hang in there.

eta: my go to is a pith helmet and khaki 'safari' shirt. I sit there and mostly just say "Dr Livingstone I presume" over and over again to my dog, once in awhile throwing in "the horror, the horror." Works like a charm.

thanks mate.

i just got armchair psycho analysed by some anonymous asshole for writing personal posts on my own damn blog which is supposed to be a place of empathy and a safe space for me

asshole said i have " the ability to dramatize things eloquently" and "strong exhibitionist traits" what the freaking hell????? what an asshole ruining my own fucking blog for me the shit.

thanks mate.

i just got armchair psycho analysed by some anonymous asshole for writing personal posts on my own damn blog which is supposed to be a place of empathy and a safe space for me

asshole said i have " the ability to dramatize things eloquently" and "strong exhibitionist traits" what the freaking hell????? what an asshole ruining my own fucking blog for me the shit.

Turn it around, take it as a compliment. Ability to dramatise? Exhibitionist? See, you would have been a great actress :) (I mean this in a nice way btw. He is an idiot for ruining your blog but trying to make light of these things occasionally helps

Turn it around, take it as a compliment. Ability to dramatise? Exhibitionist? See, you would have been a great actress :) (I mean this in a nice way btw. He is an idiot for ruining your blog but trying to make light of these things occasionally helps

they might not even have even meant to have come across as douchey and condescending as they did but it's the fact that they presumed they could say these things to me on anonymous when i was obviously not in a good place and just wanting some empathy or a safe space where i could get negative thoughts out and into the open for me to better analyse myself but nope comes along and says DONT ACT THIS WAY and then offers a fucking botched up unasked for ANALYSIS OF MY APPARANT WEAKNESSES OF CHARACTER i mean if that is their idea of help then they can just shove it tbh because im not in the mood

they might not even have even meant to have come across as douchey and condescending as they did but it's the fact that they presumed they could say these things to me on anonymous when i was obviously not in a good place and just wanting some empathy or a safe space where i could get negative thoughts out and into the open for me to better analyse myself but nope comes along and says DONT ACT THIS WAY and then offers a fucking botched up unasked for ANALYSIS OF MY APPARANT WEAKNESSES OF CHARACTER i mean if that is their idea of help then they can just shove it tbh because im not in the mood

Don't pay too much attention to that - it sounds like whoever wrote it designed their post (?) to make you feel bad, and pat themselves on the back for the psycho "analysis". Feel better soon Theda :)

Don't pay too much attention to that - it sounds like whoever wrote it designed their post (?) to make you feel bad, and pat themselves on the back for the psycho "analysis". Feel better soon Theda :)

Yeah it seemed oddly smug and just plain rude really, thank you. :)

thanks mate.

:grouphug:

That's for you, Theda. :fencing: This is for the asshole.

I'd take it that this person clearly has nothing better to do than attempt to make you feel bad about yourself. Don't know about you, but I think they need to spend some time evaluating themselves instead of others :dunno:

Letting agents are the evil of this world, draining the life out of working people and demanding blood to pay for the privilege of having a roof over our heads.

Archived