[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XII - New direction

Mladen

Well, I keep watching Sophie's facial expressions in the episodes and she is PO and not trusting the bastard that LF is.

It's one thing that I think she brings to the character since the words and thoughts don't quite fit for her age, in book it's different but on screen her facial expressions are key.

Regarding LF's reason for leaving Sansa at Winterfell, couldn't he simply be doing it to provoke Stannis into moving on Winterfell ASAP (in order to gain control of the last Stark)? It might hasten the war between Stannis and the Boltons and allow LF to quickly gain control of the north if he swoops in and puts the beleaguered victor to rout. Then, when he triumphantly enters Winterfell, he declares Sansa its ruler and is viewed as a saviour by the northern lords.

Given the info we have so far I have a few things I think are likely to happy.

1 Sansa will marry Ramsay as herself. Her marriage to Tyrion will be quickly forgotten/ put aside with some dumb explaination that they never consummated and he's gone so she is safe to marry again (or some such)

2 The "traumatic scene" will be like Reek's from the book. (Poor Sansa I don't see how there is a way to undo this trauma once it happens so I hope not but its not looking good for her)

3 she gains knowledge of Rickon still being alive? I really hope so.

4 escapes with Theon/Reek possibly Brienne and Pod. To Stannis and lets them know Rickon and Bran aren't dead. (Cue Davos looking for them)

5 Hopefully gained some allies from the northern lords and they will attack WF from inside while Stannis attacks from outside.

6 not very likely but I prefer if Sansa's "traumatic scene" isn't Jeyne like but instead is her witnessing Ramsay torturing other people/person. Perhaps Myranda gets jealous and tries to kill Sansa only for Ramsay to kill her or make Sansa do it?! Since marrying Sansa means she is only his to hurt and doesn't need Myranda anymore?

It seems to me that one psychopath for Sansa ought to be enough. I also wonder why, given that LF is supposed to be (in a very sick and creepy way) in love with her, he would leave her at Ramsay's mercy. I hope at least she isn't reduced to being a mere victim.

I also wonder why, given that LF is supposed to be (in a very sick and creepy way) in love with her, he would leave her at Ramsay's mercy.

The show kinda gives an answer to that, but it's not exactly believable

Well, if she marries him as Sansa Stark, while being Sansa Stark, then at least Ramsay can't fault her being a fake bride and so I assume the bestiality and other sick stuff is off the arc table for her. It'll be bad enough. Unless her dyed hair makes Reek doubt it's her and make him say something about it to Ramsay and Roose (gosh I hope not!). Sheesh, I'm dreading this scene :crying: :ack:

I dread this as I think a lot of Sophie and Maisee, how they have done there best to grow up as normal as possible despite this show becoming as huge as it is. I will probably cry/vomit and get so pissed I might be tempted to get a ticket to go to Belfast..... if they have sophie film a rape scene. No way. She is still in many ways, Ned's poor little girl who was sucked into a hurrecane and left helpless without her mother when she needed her the most. All of the character's mistakes forgiven. I hope this is not graphic in any way at all. Please.

Well, at least we'll all be biting our nails for the rest of the season, along with the Unsullied. It's more dreadful for us even: we know how Ramsay treats Jeyne Poole. And then there probably will be two reactions...

Unsullied: horrible, awful, disgusting, murder, hang them, flay them, I stop watching the show

and then us: well, it could have been worse in retrospect. Let's hope GRRM has nothing like that planned for her though.

Well, at least we'll all be biting our nails for the rest of the season, along with the Unsullied. It's more dreadful for us even: we know how Ramsay treats Jeyne Poole. And then there probably will be two reactions...

Unsullied: horrible, awful, disgusting, murder, hang them, flay them, I stop watching the show

and then us: well, it could have been worse in retrospect. Let's hope GRRM has nothing like that planned for her though.

on paper is one thing, it is still the actors and actresses that truely put a face on those pages. I hope I am overreacting...

on paper is one thing, it is still the actors and actresses that truely put a face on those pages. I hope I am overreacting...

Pretty sure they'll show the start of a struggle, then zoom in on the witness Theon, leave it to our imagination with the sounds in the background.

Kindof like the scene of Reservoir Dogs... you know the ear's gonna be cut off, but the camera zooms in on nothing actually, just a part of the background of the ramp close to the ceiling. Bad example really, because everyone afterwards always would swear they saw the ear being sliced off (you really don't though).

Pretty sure they'll show the start of a struggle, then zoom in on the witness Theon, leave it to our imagination with the sounds in the background.

Kindof like the scene of Reservoir Dogs... you know the ear's gonna be cut off, but the camera zooms in on nothing actually, just a part of the background of the ramp close to the ceiling. Bad example really, because everyone afterwards always would swear they saw the ear being sliced off (you really don't though).

Yes, there are many, many filming tricks. As for the horror element, the suggestion of something terrible can be more awful than actually showing it. If you have a closeup of Theon looking increasingly disturbed while the sounds of whatever horrific shit Ramsay gets up to occur in the background, it might be more unnerving than actually showing whatever it is Ramsay is supposedly doing.

Yes, there are many, many filming tricks. As for the horror element, the suggestion of something terrible can be more awful than actually showing it. If you have a closeup of Theon looking increasingly disturbed while the sounds of whatever horrific shit Ramsay gets up to occur in the background, it might be more unnerving than actually showing whatever it is Ramsay is supposedly doing.

Exactly, there's nothing worse than suggested imagination.

I dread this as I think a lot of Sophie and Maisee, how they have done there best to grow up as normal as possible despite this show becoming as huge as it is. I will probably cry/vomit and get so pissed I might be tempted to get a ticket to go to Belfast..... if they have sophie film a rape scene. No way. She is still in many ways, Ned's poor little girl who was sucked into a hurrecane and left helpless without her mother when she needed her the most. All of the character's mistakes forgiven. I hope this is not graphic in any way at all. Please.

Sophie is also still a girl, despite she's 18. That's just a number. Obviously this won't scar her for life but still, it's pretty hardcore.

Looks like everyone is pretty sure that Sansa will get raped by Ramsay.

I am gonna deny this until I see it with my own eyes.

Raping Sansa by the most sadistic character in the show IN Winterfell is sacrilege.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

And it should serve some purpose, so what would it be?

Yep, i expect something like this.

In Gran Torino the rape scene was not shown, nothing, but we all know what awful things happened to the girl.

So i expect Theon disturbed expressions during the scene, with noises in the background, and after that Sansa bein blanc/shocked.

This said i don't think/hope there will be any forced zoofilia , that would be too much honesty.

I don't think Miranda will play such an important role, it's not like Ramsay needs suggestion from her to be nasty.

In my opinion Ramsay will kill her in ep 6, probably after she tried to hurt Sansa by herself, and Sansa will all be "Oh wow he protected me!!" We all know how Ramsay toyed with Theon, making him believe he was from his side.

Archived