Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer

Ran

Nothing can live up to expectations as long as the matrix organizes haters into a cartel.

A mob of dorks came to my house and beat me up the last time I publicly said I liked the phantom menace

If true, you only have yourself to blame. As for the trailer, suddenly it feels more real now that we see Han and Chewy. This may be the first movie I'll see on the first night since ROTK.

The music, the crashed Star Destroyer, the dope looking Storm Troopers, Han and Chewie. I felt like a kid again for 2 minutes there. Please don't let this suck...

My thoughts exactly. I have faith in JJ, based solely on his take of star trek. The first installment was brilliant, imo. Unlike the last SW trilogy, the two trailers alone gave me nerdchills.

There's a 30 page thread on the SW forums pissed off that the Empire is now called The First Order. This fandom is insane. There's already a 45 page nitpick thread on a 1 minute and 50 second trailer. Don't know who's worse...ASoIaF or SW extremists.

The Internet random, as large as it is, likely doesn't represent even half of Star Wars fandom. It's likely those who aren't arguing about it on the Internet will enjoy it just fine.

I actually did not like the crossfades. I'm used to it, now, but it seriously distracted me the first couple times I watched the teaser.

But everything else was gold. The sweat and grime and original trilogy aesthetic. Harrison Ford absolutely in the moment as Han Solo. Perfect ending for a tease.

There's a 30 page thread on the SW forums pissed off that the Empire is now called The First Order. This fandom is insane. There's already a 45 page nitpick thread on a 1 minute and 50 second trailer. Don't know who's worse...ASoIaF or SW extremists.

There's a vast difference between living up to my expectations and it living up to everyone's (which no film can claim). I'm perfectly happy with the first one. The story is the only thing up in the air for me but I won't/don't want to know more about that until I see the film. The visuals are perfect and others have pointed out the actors are of high calibre. They just need the lines. Abrams usually falls on the screenplay side of things but he has Kasdan working with him and I'm pretty sure time travel won't be involved.

I also forgot to mention how it's weird that I'm now as excited about going to see the trailer on the big screen as I am about seeing Avengers next week, The first trailer was a completely different experience when I saw it on the big screen compared to my TV. Chills were had.

My internal reactions:

Star destroy - okay that's pretty cool

Luke's monologue - okay, that's pretty cool

Action shots - okay, that's pretty cool

"Chewie, we're home" - OMFG SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT ME AAWWWWWWWW SNAP GET HYPED!!!

This was my exact reaction.

Yup.

I don't understand Luke's monologue though. "The force is strong in my family...My father HAS it...I have it....my sister has it..." Is he talking about "having" the Force? Or is he talking about herpes?

They went and contracted the midichlorians.

Archived