Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer

Ran

At first I was skeptical about these movies because I didn't think they really needed to do the 3 sequels that were always rumored about. But seeing this trailer did get me excited, I must admit. Especially at the end when I saw Han and Chewie I had such a huge grin on my face. I liked the ruined Darth Vader helmet too and the music was always fantastic. Please don't let JJ Abrams mess with canon like he did with Star Trek! That's my main concern right now.

Most of the acting in the prequels was dreadful in a cast that included the likes of McGregor, Neeson and Portman. It all depends on whether the writing is up to scratch or not.

I thought Ewan was great in the prequels. He really channeled Alec Guiness and was very believable as a young Obi Wan.

I assumed the voice over was just the audio from RotJ.

Agreed on the bookends. Well played.

Nice slow pan worked well with the speeder then the crashed X-Wing. Then I realize that wasn't a mountain in the background. Awesome.

And yes, I had to change my pants after Han appeared.

ETA:

Voice over sounds like the original audio to me, just rearranged a bit. (Start at 1:30. "You have that power too." Then later it continues, "The Force is strong in my family...") The trailer just tacks the first part onto the end to make it sound like he's passing the sword on to the next generation.

Archived