Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

I can't disagree with any of this. And it's sort of what I'm getting at with Olenna (once again, assuming she's the mastermind) not really being shown, even in the books, as really being the player and grooming anyone to take her place. What are the Tyrells gonna do when she passes?! I think they're screwed if that happens any time soon.

Agreed.

The show seems to set up Margery as having more intent than the books though. Well, maybe not intent, but at least a sharper edge. If she continues to not only play the role of "people's queen" but also continues to act as though she is in a visceral battle with Cersei, then she could take the mantle from her Grandmother with ease. Again, in the show.

Yeah, the pacing is weird. I honestly think the sheer number of storylines has been a problem since season one, but sometimes it didn't feel so prominent. Some critic (I think it was SIIIMMMMSSS! from the AV Club, but I could be wrong) once said that at its worst, GoT feels like just a succession of quick vignettes barely connected. That's how I've been feeling about this season for the most part.

If it had been up to me, I would've have adopted a different format a while ago, like to focus more heavily on a different character per episode or something like that, but that ship has long sailed.

In the words of one Jojen Reed, "Dreams are what we have"

Yes,that's exactly it.

I remember reading somewhere after episode 1 or 2 release that the average time of each scene in this season was way down from the precedent ones.

They want to show us everything at the same time, and finish to butcher the flow of the show

Agreed.

The show seems to set up Margery as having more intent than the books though. Well, maybe not intent, but at least a sharper edge. If she continues to not only play the role of "people's queen" but also continues to act as though she is in a visceral battle with Cersei, then she could take the mantle from her Grandmother with ease. Again, in the show.

I keep assuming that's part of their shock-and-awe plan for turning us against Carol by the end of this season again. And, in all fairness, if that works then D&D will have succeeded in a very clever shift

Yes,that's exactly it.

I remember reading somewhere after episode 1 or 2 release that the average time of each scene in this season was way down from the precedent ones.

They want to show us everything at the same time, and finish to butcher the flow of the show

It must be extraordinarily difficult, but butcher is a very good word

Perhaps the irony is a deliberate piss take of the futility of human interaction - we're all whores to someone, even those at the top of the dung heap are still at the whim of the masses.

:lmao: seriously?

I agree that would be really dumb - but Dexter fell in love, so there is a TV precedent to do this sort of shit. The point in which a show jumps the pshyco :D

That's just a TV thing so that show did jump the psycho, lol. I haven't read them but I've been told Dexter is asexual in the books. Probably would have been too weird for people to watch play out on a TV show about a serial killer I suppose. It did seem they were going the asexuality route at first but they obviously changed their minds. And we know Ramsay is not asexual so there is that....

Wait a minute. Why is it okay to bash the show and not the books here? This is a rant section without repercussions!!

It's quite simple - this is not a debate thread :dunno:

That's just a TV thing so that show did jump the psycho, lol. I haven't read them but I've been told Dexter is asexual in the books. Probably would have been too weird for people to watch play out on a TV show about a serial killer I suppose. It did seem they were going the asexuality route at first but they obviously changed their minds. And we know Ramsay is not asexual so there is that....

Isn't Ramsay Bi? Doesn't an asexual thing fuck itself?

Can you imagine Ramsay in front of a medieval mirror, masturbating as he slowly flays himself, possibly penis first. Now there is some television that would keep all the people upset about a lack of male nudity quite.

Can you imagine Ramsay in front of a medieval mirror, masturbating as he slowly flays himself, possibly penis first. Now there is some television that would keep all the people upset about a lack of male nudity quite.

I see what you're saying, but it would probably be tough to throw one while simultaneously flaying your own schlong.

I'm just sayin'

Dude you kill me!!! Your fun!!! I don't think I could ever survive drinking with you, lol.

I see what you're saying, but it would probably be tough to throw one while simultaneously flaying your own schlong.

I'm just sayin'

There is a fine line between pleasure and pain. Go find a cheese grater and get back to me :D

In conjuction, of course, with the ChefRamsayHardAbsCheeseGrater3000TM

"Perfect for quick battle scenes with supposedly badass pirate assassins! It will send them running for the hills and you'll be Top Dog!

Call now and you'll get your own Fake Reek Dickâ„¢, a joke that will never ever get old!"

It says so much about the nonsense of the show's Northern storyline that we're putting our sights on Dexter to find some shred of logic about the possible future characterization and implications of Ramsay.

By the end of the show, Dexter was nothing and everything.

Then sorry because I didn't read entire thread. And I think that we shouldn't post just in this thread because that way all complaints will be here instead of all over forum. Things like Sansa marrying Ramsay are so stupid that it deserves to be complained everywhere.

I'm ready for a wtf LF thread.

It says so much about the nonsense of the show's Northern storyline that we're putting our sights on Dexter to find some shred of logic about the possible future characterization and implications of Ramsay.

By the end of the show, Dexter was nothing and everything.

lol Dexter was always on the brink of good with great potential, but could never quite get there. Sad, really, especially with really good actors spending so many years on that show.

How bout the crookedness of Margs wig while she's telling cersei she's a boozer and old? It's as if her hairline has a full inch discrepancy....That kind of attention to detail is most impressive

lol Dexter was always on the brink of good with great potential, but could never quite get there. Sad, really, especially with really good actors spending so many years on that show.

With some flaws here and there, the first 2 seasons were short of excellent to me. Then, the strength of the show went mostly, as you say, to the actors. Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter always great, and some memorable villains, especially John Lithgow and Ray Stevenson. At least it remained hit-and-miss highly entertaining, until that dreadful last season.

Archived