Who will Sansa manipulate for her escape/revenge?

Yela

They showed Brienne lurking around outside winterfell, so I'm guessing she'll come to the rescue, or stannis will. I don't think she'll manipulate anyone successfully.

So the narrative pay off for the rape is further physical and emotional abuse until someone comes along and rescues Sansan with her remaining a passive ornament while everything goes on around her; and Theon probably gets to tag along for the ride. The most emancipated thing Sansa has done all series is sew herself a black dress with crow feathers. You go girl!

She agreed because LF forced her too. Just as he forces her to marry Harry. She's always been LF's puppet. I think she's at least smart enough to know that. I mean, what if she was adamant and refused LF, then what? She's just as good as dead or worse under LF in that situation as well.

You guy's are forgetting LF. And you're forgetting Stannis. I don't think she realised that she'd be in that bad of a situation. If he didn't mistreat as such, she'd be smart to just sit there an wait until the inevitable battle. Perhaps even convince Roose and Ramsay that she's on their side. Didn't turn out so well.

Not to mention she didn't know about the old lady giving her help. Most of the north got killed at the Red Wedding. Perhaps the logic is that Roose doesn't want to surround himself with men loyal to the Starks. Even in the books it's stated that most of the men at Winterfell want to kill the Boltons.

This is what makes NO SENSE to me. Not only are you placing Sansa in a situation where she can't win over Ramsay at all, but you're not even giving her Manderley or Umber or any Northern Lord who might be loyal. It's ridiculous. Why did Sansa agree to this marriage? Was she gonna go in there and ninja everyone to death? What "revenge" could she have possibly hoped to get from this?

The show could have put in the minimal effort to establish some kind of true Northern Conspiracy that Sansa might have been hoping to engage with...but they chose not to. It's very curious and bizarre.

It sounds like LF already thought she won over Ramsay. Ramsay told LF that she was lovely, would make her happy, and would never hurt her. LF relayed that information to Sansa by saying Ramsay has already fallen for you.

So, she was convinced to go through with the wedding because of this false information.

I'm struck by how alone Sansa is. fArya had supporters: The lords who were horrified by her treatment; Jon, who sent Mance to find her, and Theon. Sansa has no one. The old woman is dead, and no one knows what/who she meant by "north remembers." The northern lords who were upset by fArya's treatment in the novels aren't around to help in the show. Jon is heading to Hardhome, and doesn't know that his sister is at WF. LF is in KL. Theon ratted on Sansa to Ramsay (I think). Brienne might walk into a trap (candle in the tower). Miranda is not fond of her, a complication that fArya never had to worry about.

It sounds like LF already thought she won over Ramsay. Ramsay told LF that she was lovely, would make her happy, and would never hurt her. LF relayed that information to Sansa by saying Ramsay has already fallen for you.

So, she was convinced to go through with the wedding because of this false information.

But before the wedding she saw the state Theon was in. She experienced that terrible dinner. Wouldn't that have been enough to have her light that candle or at least start planning how she's going to manipulate this nut.

But before the wedding she saw the state Theon was in. She experienced that terrible dinner. Wouldn't that have been enough to have her light that candle or at least start planning how she's going to manipulate this nut.

I don't get why she didn't light the candle right after she saw theon. I don't think anyone can manipulate ramsay.

But, but, she got to totally some totally awesome insults Ramsay's way, and make nasty faces. Truly that justifies this entire plotline, sighs.

man who cares? maybe sansa isn't meant to become something bigger or stronger in the books so they dont really matter in the show. Some people will always be walked on in life. Everyone has to have a redemption or come back type of arc?

man who cares? maybe sansa isn't meant to become something bigger or stronger in the books so they dont really matter in the show. Some people will always be walked on in life. Everyone has to have a redemption or come back type of arc?

Then why should I give a crap about any of this? What's the point? It's boring and uninteresting. Oh and I'm trying to figure this out because THE WRITERS have said that this is allegedly part of an arc for her. So unless they're lying, then your premise doesn't work. Also, this show is already changing stuff from the books anyway, so saying that "the books mean that the show doesn't matter" also doesn't work.

I don't get why she didn't light the candle right after she saw theon. I don't think anyone can manipulate ramsay.

Because then the writers couldn't have done the thing that they've apparently been thinking about doing since Season 2. And boy were they going to do it, logic need not apply.

Which makes LF look like a clueless idiot as well.

Which makes LF look like a clueless idiot as well.

Yeah, but D & D stated that LF actually doesn't know about Ramsey's extracurricular activities.

Of course he seems to know what Stannis and Roose are up to so it's really isn't sensible he would not hear rumors of Ramsey.

Yeah, but D & D stated that LF actually doesn't know about Ramsey's extracurricular activities.

Of course he seems to know what Stannis and Roose are up to so it's really isn't sensible he would not hear rumors of Ramsey.

Agreed. That claim was so ridiculous that I actually laughed when I read it initially.

Well, it's not like she saw his missing fingers or his crotch. In the latest episode, she still doesn't really know what Ramsay did to him.

Ramsay was still treating her relatively nice at the dinner. He's pouring wine, making toasts, admitting that they're strange. For all she knows, LF was still telling the truth.

The big moment is when Myranda tells Sansa that Ramsay hunts girls that bore him. Sansa puts up a strong front there but as soon as Myranda leaves, she's really shaken up. But maybe at this point since the wedding was about to start, it was already too late?

I'm struck by how alone Sansa is. fArya had supporters: The lords who were horrified by her treatment; Jon, who sent Mance to find her, and Theon. Sansa has no one. The old woman is dead, and no one knows what/who she meant by "north remembers." The northern lords who were upset by fArya's treatment in the novels aren't around to help in the show. Jon is heading to Hardhome, and doesn't know that his sister is at WF. LF is in KL. Theon ratted on Sansa to Ramsay (I think). Brienne might walk into a trap (candle in the tower). Miranda is not fond of her, a complication that fArya never had to worry about.

The only thing that gives me some hope is that we now know that a larger network of Northern loyalists do exist to some extent on the show. I think it's safe to assume at this point that the "candle in the window" thing was Brienne's idea, and it's also safe to assume that the man that Brienne and Pod met at that inn conveyed that message to the old woman faithfully -- which means we're starting to see true Stark loyalists come out of the cracks here and there who put themselves at peril to help Sansa.

I will be really surprised if this trend doesn't continue since Northern loyalty and vengeance are such ever-present elements of the book and key to the downfall of the Boltons.

Archived