What's bugging you?

TheReal_Rebel

The police just took my cousin into custody. It seems she escaped from prison in 1979 and has been a fugitive for all these years.

Did she murder someone or commit any other violent crime?  I've heard a lot of stories recently about fugitives that had lived on the run for more than two decades being caught, and it all seems to be for non violent crimes.  It seems like such a waste of resources to hunt them down after so long. 

Did she murder someone or commit any other violent crime?  I've heard a lot of stories recently about fugitives that had lived on the run for more than two decades being caught, and it all seems to be for non violent crimes.  It seems like such a waste of resources to hunt them down after so long. 

Yeh it was cocaine possession not selling in the late 70s.
4million $ bond

that is INSANE!  are you sure there is not more to the story?

As far as we know that's it, we haven't been allowed to talk to her.
She was serving a two year sentence in 1979 for cocaine possession and was on a work release program working at McDonald's and she just left from there and has been on the run ever since.

Was it really the police?  Or bounty hunters?  Or does your state have laws protecting citizens from bounty hunters?  I ask because John Oliver had an episode about bounty hunters once and it was insane what these people could do.  They'd get a big payday for someone like your cousin, nonviolent drug offense that happened decades ago.  

I'm sorry this is happening, and seriously, fuck the state.  

Yeh it was police her husband said it was like a mile long line of police cars that came to their house.

She turned 65 this year and signed up for some health care stuff, that's our theory of how they found her.

I bet those police are all sitting around slapping each other's backs thinking they've served justice and caught the big bad monster.  Fuckers.  

Had she been living under her name this entire time?  

Good grief, ES, you'll cook your brain! What were you doing with the bees? I thought they were pretty self-sufficient.

I'm bee-ignorant. :(

There is maintenance you have to do, and plus, they're just fun.  But I seriously got way too hot.  I'm going to have to be more careful in the future.

Man, I have no clue.  I just have some beehives.  I've heard you develop a tolerance to the venom, and it's supposedly beneficial for arthritis and such, but I dunno.  I am not a dr. and did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.   :D

I can tell you that I have no allergies to bee stings other than they hurt like a son of a gun.  But if you put baking soda paste on it, it fades after about 15 minutes.  Still sore, but nothing major.

One of my bees got me Saturday on the finger.   

Have you no bee keeping suit?

Very excited about you and your bees though, it pleases me hugely to know you have hives  :laugh:

Have you no bee keeping suit?

Very excited about you and your bees though, it pleases me hugely to know you have hives  :laugh:

I was wearing the suit, but was in a hurry, so I didn't put on the gloves. My fault. :/

I usually don't participate in such threads -- but at the moment I am really, really irritated at the "your car warranty has expired" mail fraud scams. I have actually gotten FOUR of these things in the mail the last two days -- one of today's was particularly galling because it was designed to look like it came from the state auto registration people instead of the auto manufacturer. I was momentarily scared that there was something wrong with the auto registration renewal I did by mail about three weeks ago until I opened it and saw it was just another warranty renewal scam. I sure wish it was easier to have these people put out of business.

Apparently it's a huge deal in their small town in the south.
It's on the front page of the paper like it's the most exciting thing that's ever happened there.
Lots a dramatics and pageantry going on, hence the ridiculously high bond.

Archived