Bakker XXXVII: One Big Happy Fanimry

.H.

As to what I'd like to see in TUC, personally:

I'd like to see some twist about  the Dunyain fucking with Kellhus just like he's been fucking with everyone else. It doesn't need to be quite the same as what lokisnow posted, but something along those lines would be a stellar revision of revelation. 

I'd like to see Kellhus lose. I'd like him specifically to die, and die knowing that what he believed was completely wrong and that he was deceived.

I'd like to understand more about Mimara and her role. A lot more. I'd like to understand about what was meant by her guarding the gates, or why the chorae acted as a gateway to an objective vision of the world, or why it is important that she speaks in present tense.

I want eating sranc to seriously fuck everyone up in some really interesting, horrible way. 

I really want the Nonmen's catastrophe and plague to essentially be caused by them - that their choice was to kill all their women or bend the knee to the enemy that had been shown to be right - and instead of changing their mind they decided to kill all their women. It's not a subtle message but it'd be a satisfying one. 

I really don't care about Sorweel and his story at all, and the sooner it ends the better. 

I want Kelmomas to die a particularly spectacular death. 

I want Moe to be alive in some form. 

I want there to be no motive in making the world objectively shitty. God didn't choose to make women worth less than men, God exists as a part of the universe in which the laws of which are that women are less than men. I don't want this to be alterable by lots of faith or changing their mind.

Similarly, I want damnation to be an objective constant related to said objective shittiness. People's interpretation of what does and doesn't damn them is just wrong most of the time. There is a 'right' way to behave, and that doesn't change regardless of what you believe. You can get around being eaten by ciphrang if you're damned in various ways (namely, making your soul 'quiet' or having other ciphrang protect you) but that doesn't stop your soul being damned. 

I want Seswatha to also be an asshole. That his means of control were a means to some particularly insidious, horrible end. 

That's what has been stated to Kellhus. Don't take that as fact. That's sort of the point, actually - that what Kellhus thinks the Dunyain goal is and what it actually is are two wildly separate things, and by 'opposing' what he thinks the Dunyain goal is he actually feeds into it. 

I want Seswatha to also be an asshole. That his means of control were a means to some particularly insidious, horrible end.

I'd say he more than likely is an asshole. And, I'm not even sure I think his goals are for the good (whatever that means).

Locke, that makes a whole lot more sense when you explained it. I rather personally, it not be the case. But, that's very probable.

Well wait a minute. Lokisnow, I think your basically saying the same thing that I said a few threads back. That the Dûnyain are a tool of Seswatha's. Kellhus was kept ignorant of the Dûnyain true intent and goals. I even said they knew of magic, but they only lied to Kellhus about it because his magic would be something otherworldly with his training. Kellhus is basically the culmination of the Dûnyain. I even said that the Dûnyain are not wiped out but will be somewhere strategically important to the 2nd apocalypse. So, I think I just misunderstood what you meant by a Truman show.

https://rsbakker.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/posthuman-life-goes-live/#comment-42242

Ive finally spoken to my Overlook editor: apparently theyve been deluged with emails and even phone calls! It has him excited about the book at least. We still have a couple more details to hammer out, and things need to be squared away with Orbit, but hopefully I should be able to make an announcement soon.

Let everyone know that both Overlook and Orbit have *noticed.* Some are excited, and some are angered, but either way, meat is definitely back on the menu! I should have an update soon.

Still can't for the life of me figure out who would be angry about any of this. "Consumers, want to give us money for the products we sell? And you had nothing to do with it Bakker? WHY I OUGHTA...!!!!!"

I don't understand publishing...

@ Kal re: Mimara, present tense probably related to recent linguistic explorations of Greek khora and it's specificity of place. Apply to time as well = Mimara

This is where I see the role of a centralized forum coming into play. Taking stuff like the khora discussion and preserving it in an accessible thread.

Not that anyone has a responsibility to curate stuff in this fashion.

Still can't for the life of me figure out who would be angry about any of this. "Consumers, want to give us money for the products we sell? And you had nothing to do with it Bakker? WHY I OUGHTA...!!!!!"

I don't understand publishing...

literal lol... The unintelligible nature of the publishing world seems to be the big takeaway here. If I had to guess who was angry, I'd like to think MSJ's speculation from the campaign thread was the truth:

Yet I still can't shake this image of a publisher dude (Peter Mayer?) sitting in his NYC studio with a sniiffer and a Cuban. Reading through the emails of various Bakker fans, and laughing. "I'll show this Canadian professor what happens when you play games with Peter Mayer! He won't be late on TSTSNBN! Email, Tweet and Facebook to your hearts desire Bakker Fans. The Precious is going Nowhere!!!!!" Cue the evil laugh and fade to black.

Archived