Marwyn has to be a dud, right?

Good Guy Garlan

Yeah count me as one of the many who hope we at least get SOMETHING out of the white mastiff, although I agree it doesn't seem plausible he convinces Dany to fight the Others at anytime during WoW. Then again, assumptions, assumptions.....

I don't think so I didn't know Jeyne was mentioned till someone said in this thread but prologue povs die

I wouldn't rely too much just on that convention. I forget his name, but I'm pretty sure the ASOS prologue pov didn't actually die in the prologue did he?

I wouldn't rely too much just on that convention. I forget his name, but I'm pretty sure the ASOS prologue pov didn't actually die in the prologue did he?

Ive not read the books in a while so the when is off in my head was chett asos the nw gut with bad spots? If it was him he didn't die in the chapter it ends with him pissing himsel because others but he does die at the battle or retreat or the mutiny at crasters.

No, Marwyn will tell her, and Moqorro will likely give Marwyn support. I think Dany will just decide to take the IT first, then with Westeros united under her rule deal with the Others with the forces of the 7K united.

Who would be the pov though Jeyne edmure blackfish? Cause the pov has to go

Simple Forley Prester is the POV.

Back on topic still think Marwyn has a role to play, what say you?

Simple Forley Prester is the POV.

Back on topic still think Marwyn has a role to play, what say you?

I hope it's not prester he seemed good and a decent leader something useful during the apocalypse

On topic I'd say he at least needs to meet dany and try to convince her of the others but be either ignored or sidelined because dany needs to dance with aegon and maybe Euron for the throne before heading north

Yea- Chett doesn't die in the ASOS prologue- but he and his boil become wights on the way back to the fist later on (in the chapter where Sam is saved by Coldhands)

I find it interesting that Marwyn and Quaithe are the two candle-makers/users that we see but we have no idea about how the candles work and who gets to use them, All we know is what they do. I think he is a "good" guy as best as that term can be used in Westeros and I don't see him as a "dud".

^ Are you sure? I thought Chett and his other mutineers got killed by Coldhands and then eaten by Bran and co?

Blazfemur, I don't think your far out on that 1 at all. Marwyns VS mask being able to block magic visions sounds pretty legit to me, and I fall on the logic side not the creative side of brains.

^ Are you sure? I thought Chett and his other mutineers got killed by Coldhands and then eaten by Bran and co?

Blazfemur, I don't think your far out on that 1 at all. Marwyns VS mask being able to block magic visions sounds pretty legit to me, and I fall on the logic side not the creative side of brains.

The mutineers killed by Coldhands were the ones that mutinied in Craster's Keep, Chett, Small Paul, and the other ones who want to flee are killed by Others at and around the Fist. Sam sees Chett himself as a wight later.

Anyway, on Marwyn, as interested as I am in him, I do fear he may be a "dud." If Dany remembers a certain maegi mentioning "Marwyn the Mage," I figure she'll have him put to death. But if he reaches anyone else, especially Tyrion I think, at least his message will make it.

Anyway, on Marwyn, as interested as I am in him, I do fear he may be a "dud." If Dany remembers a certain maegi mentioning "Marwyn the Mage," I figure she'll have him put to death. But if he reaches anyone else, especially Tyrion I think, at least his message will make it.

If so check it up to another Dumb Dany Decision.

"What feeds the flame?" asked Sam.

"What feeds a dragon's fire?" Marwyn seated himself upon a stool. "All Valyrian sorcery was rooted in blood or fire. The sorcerers of the Freehold could see across mountains, seas, and deserts with one of these glass candles. They could enter a man's dreams and give him visions, and speak to one another half a world apart, seated before their candles. Do you think that might be useful, Slayer?"

"We would have no more need of ravens."

I don't know what Marwyn is up to by racing off to Dany, but that quote gave me the creeps when I first read it. Makes me wonder whose dreams have been influenced.

You are assuming there will be a Dance at all, and that such a fight will be a little more then a quick dragon roasting.

With what's going on up north, and with only two books left and having not even headed to Westeros yet, she's not going to sit around down south for too long if at all.

"What feeds the flame?" asked Sam.

"What feeds a dragon's fire?" Marwyn seated himself upon a stool. "All Valyrian sorcery was rooted in blood or fire. The sorcerers of the Freehold could see across mountains, seas, and deserts with one of these glass candles. They could enter a man's dreams and give him visions, and speak to one another half a world apart, seated before their candles. Do you think that might be useful, Slayer?"

"We would have no more need of ravens."

I don't know what Marwyn is up to by racing off to Dany, but that quote gave me the creeps when I first read it. Makes me wonder whose dreams have been influenced.

People who have been influenced by dreams: Cat, Bran, Jaime, Aemon, Dany. I am sure there are more but those are the ones I can think off the top of my head.

Marwyn fascinates me already. He has the potential to be a very interesting character. He may have exactly the information some of the principles are missing to introduce a change of direction in story lines. I'm looking forward to his part in the story.

Archived