X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

Actually, A's comic goals always made sense. Survival of the fittest. Only the strong deserve to live. It's artificial Darwinism.

Now, having Magento as a horsemen makes no sense. Magento's vision sees mutants as the next step in evolution. They are homo superior, not homo sapiens. It'll take major changes to convince him that a culling is needed before homo superior has supplanted homo sapiens completely.

Unless they take the lame route of having Apocalypse mind control his horsemen. In the comics, Angel was suicidal after losing his wings. Apocalypse offered him life, with a catch, and he took it. He chose becoming Death over death. Similarly, Famine, Pestilence, and War all had reasons to choose to join.

I hope Storm, Psylocke, Mags, and Angel do too.

Question: Do we know if Archangel in this movie is actually "Angel" or is itjust having another character with wings? (similar to how they're making Psylocke different from the one in X3.

How is this rational and necessary?

From his world view, it is. (Not yours, or mine)

It's not a "take over the world because he wants to" plot. He truly feels that his "children" have lost their way and grown weak due to a diluted gene pool. Only the most superior of the Homo Superior should survive. The weak need to be removed to cleanse the gene pool. 

Again, extreme Darwinism. Or maybe the gene equivalent of a extreme race supremacist movement. Like some in 1930s Germany wanting a pure Aryan race, the "lesser" people were expendable.

Just as Professor X is the mutant Martin Luther King and Magneto is the mutant Malcom X, Apocalypse is the mutant Hitler. 

As I've only read that here, and not seen any interview linked, I can only assume they meant "rational and necessary" to the character.

Same with Magento. I can see why his actions are rational and necessary to him, but I don't personally find them so.

Three reasons for that

1. She barely, if ever spoke

2. She was overshadowed by Callisto

3. Her powers are different

So basically, it was Psylocke in name only

yeah, she was barely more than an extra.  Her only character trait was having purple hair.  You can easily wave off her existence as she wasn't even mentioned by name in the film.

As much as I'm looking forward to this... I'm interested in seeing who they'll recast as Wolverine after this film.... My understanding is that Hugh Jackman has only one solo film left after this... so the next X-men flick should have a new Logan....

As much as I like Hugh Jackman, and think he's been a good Wolverine, I'm also looking foward to seeing who they go with next. I would love to see a short hairy Logan that's closer to the comics, but I'm sure we'll get another 6ft something GQ looking actor in the role. 

If Fox had any sense they're reboot the X-Men universe after this movie and follow the MCU model. No reason you can't have a series of 2-4 interconnected solo / duo mutant films leading to an X-Men movie in the model of the first Avengers. 

If Fox had any sense they're reboot the X-Men universe after this movie and follow the MCU model. No reason you can't have a series of 2-4 interconnected solo / duo mutant films leading to an X-Men movie in the model of the first Avengers. 

Why can't they do this without a reboot? They have a Deadpool and Gambit film coming out (along with Wolverine). They could easily do a Cable film or one of the other X-teams too. Then have some big event film.

As much as I like Hugh Jackman, and think he's been a good Wolverine, I'm also looking foward to seeing who they go with next. I would love to see a short hairy Logan that's closer to the comics, but I'm sure we'll get another 6ft something GQ looking actor in the role. 

Wouldnt this be a great time to introduce X-23? I mean she's already taken up the Wolverine mantle in the comics.

Hahahaha.... Agreed.... a short Henry Cavill would be great....lol....  But we're more likely to wind up with someone like Liam Hemsworth ... I'm resigned to Movie Wolverine being significantly different than the source comics... Jackman was so good he made most of us OK with that.... the next actor --if he's as much of a physical departure from the comics-- will have a tough act to follow.

Why can't they do this without a reboot? They have a Deadpool and Gambit film coming out (along with Wolverine). They could easily do a Cable film or one of the other X-teams too. Then have some big event film.

Well because the X-Men are already formed. I mean they could do something similar I guess, maybe something like what the DC movies are doing. But the existing continuity would make it very tricky, even with the Days of Future Past changes.

In addition to this, they could make an X-force flick in the off years between the main roster movies... introduce characters and move them around to their own convenience... with only saint Wolverine --their favorite cash cow-- existing on both rosters...

Archived