X-Men: Apocalypse Redux Daze of Future X-Titles

Myrddin

The trailer will be attached to Star Wars. http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-trailer-star-wars-7/

Maybe a sign that Fox and Disney really are beginning to thaw their relationship.

Yeah, there's "building a better relationship" and "promoting the biggest product of your competitor". It's probably a deal in exchange of something, maybe getting the F4 movie rights back?

Spoiler in the trailer? Weird decision...

Let me guess: Apocalypse fails and the X-Men win? :P

The best thing they could do is Age of Apocalypse for future X-films. Completely wipe the slate and turn it into a Mad Max type future. Ok, not the "best thing" but it'd be a bold shift since we've already had 6 main X-films in contemporary times.

The trailer will be attached to Star Wars. http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-trailer-star-wars-7/

Maybe a sign that Fox and Disney really are beginning to thaw their relationship.

Also it contains 'a spoiler from the movie'? Not entirely sure I feel about that, how it's a homage has gone past me too.

This is frustrating. Something similar happened a couple of years ago where two studios under the Marvel umbrella showed an extended clip for DOFP. I can't remember whether it was Amazing Spider-man or an MCU film or what the reason was. Maybe someone with a better memory can help?

Ok turns out it was amazing Spider-man 2 and the reason was because Marc Webb under contract at Fox and that they let him direct AM2 in exchange for a nice bit of free advertising.

So maybe something similar going on in this case? I'm guessing it'd be linked to the fact that Fox used to distribute Star Wars. Most likely to do with the fact they own distribution rights for physical copies of the films while disney has the digital rights. I think this more likely than it being some kind of Marvel deal - unless something similar happens with Cap: Civil war.

Oohhh ooohhh ooohh oohhhh... Maybe they get to use a variation of the Fox fanfare/searchlights in return for showing the trailer?

They know how iconic it is in Star Wars movies and that it would be missed. So maybe they do a version with an ex-wing flying overhead or a death star looming above it or something? :)

(hey... I can dream... :P)

Oohhh ooohhh ooohh oohhhh... Maybe they get to use a variation of the Fox fanfare/searchlights in return for showing the trailer?

They know how iconic it is in Star Wars movies and that it would be missed. So maybe they do a version with an ex-wing flying overhead or a death star looming above it or something? :)

Funny, that was my first thought and I didn't post it because I was afraid it was too ridiculous.

And you’ll definitely want to pay attention to the Apocalypse trailers since Singer revealed that the studio decided to use a spoiler from the movie in one of them, an “homage” that plays into the idea that X-Men: Apocalypse is the end of the X-Men movie continuity as we know it.

So this movie is the end of the current X-Men series? That's pretty cool. I never hated it (apart from X3) but I'm excited to see the next iteration. Hopefully it'll be more X-Men and less "Wolverine and friends."  

Reading that comment, coupled with the trailer news, I'm actually surprised more people aren't getting their hopes up that Disney and Marvel have struck a deal. It's still more likely that fox is just rebooting the series, but I mean they wouldn't want to come out and say "Coming soon: new and improved X-Men movies that are actually in the MCU" before this movie comes out. Plus it would jive with the rumored uncertain future of the Inhumans movie. 

I'd love it if that were the case. I was saying to a friend the other day how the Fox roll call is the start of a star wars film for me.

It's also the kind of thing Fox could happily do in exchange for some mega promotion.

"End of the x-men movie continuity"

Is that quote a hint of the production being troubled and chaotic?

I think it was meant more as end of the "first class" films from the context of the article i read with the quote. Which makes sense because if they continued moving forward a decade with each film then Fassbender and McAvoy would need to look at least 30 years older for the next film and in the same era as the first X-men film. Plus, if Deadpool is a hit they probably want to align them so he can appear in the next X-film

I don't think it'll be a reboot next time around just a contemporary X-men film with the post DOFP continuity. It'll be interesting to see whether Singer decides to do any more - I think I'd quite like to see another director have a crack at the franchise.

With the TV shows coming out I'm hoping we'll see some expansion of the X-franchise. I guess it depends on Deadpool and Gambit.

I think it was meant more as end of the "first class" films from the context of the article i read with the quote. Which makes sense because if they continued moving forward a decade with each film then Fassbender and McAvoy would need to look at least 30 years older for the next film and in the same era as the first X-men film. Plus, if Deadpool is a hit they probably want to align them so he can appear in the next X-film

So this movie is the end of the current X-Men series? That's pretty cool. I never hated it (apart from X3) but I'm excited to see the next iteration. Hopefully it'll be more X-Men and less "Wolverine and friends."  

Oh, I took it more as this is the true end of the old guard (all of the X1-3 actors) and the passing of the torch to McAvoy and Fassbender.

Oh, I took it more as this is the true end of the old guard (all of the X1-3 actors) and the passing of the torch to McAvoy and Fassbender.

It might be in terms of replacing Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan but I'd say that happened with DOFP. They could arguably continue with McAvoy and Fassbender as Today's X-men (to hell with them being young still) although I suspect their contracts were only for 3 films so it may be more likely future X-men films will feature a different cast.

At this point it's going to be about a decade since X-3 finished. Even thought it's a different timeline it should allow them to have a completely new group of X-men, if they wish.

I'd think Spider-man and FF have probably made most studions wary of doing full-on reboots.

I just thought they were looking to explore the 80's-90's with the younger X-Men, Sophie Turner and that lot.

It'd be significantly cheaper than carrying on with Lawrence, Fassbender and probably McAvoy. They'd only go back to the X1-3 actors as teachers now - unless Wolverine is involved.

For clarity I've linked the article    and this one so people can draw their own conclusions.

tbh "it will be the end chapter of in the X-Men movie saga we’ve seen thus far"  leaves an obvious "until the next one comes out"

I'd love it if that were the case. I was saying to a friend the other day how the Fox roll call is the start of a star wars film for me.

It's also the kind of thing Fox could happily do in exchange for some mega promotion.

Sure, Fox would love for everyone to think they did the new Star Wars... But what's in it for Disney?

It'd be like Burger King introducing a hot new burger with the I'm Lovin' It jingle.  

I'm with you that the trumpet fanfare screams Star Wars to me; but most importantly to this discussion it screams Fox Studios.

I expect we will see the Disney castle with the XWing and TIE fighter flying over it that we have already seen.  (Infinite maybe?)

Sure, Fox would love for everyone to think they did the new Star Wars... But what's in it for Disney?

It'd be like Burger King introducing a hot new burger with the I'm Lovin' It jingle.  

I'm with you that the trumpet fanfare screams Star Wars to me; but most importantly to this discussion it screams Fox Studios.

I expect we will see the Disney castle with the XWing and TIE fighter flying over it that we have already seen.  (Infinite maybe?)

I think it'd have to be linked with distribution rights for the existing films. Disney gets them all except for EP IV in 2020 but Fox can keep that indefinitely. At the moment Disney only has rights to digital sales of the existing films. But if that was part of the deal it suddenly swings back to "why would Fox do it" as I'm sure the boost in box sets over xmas is going to be worth more than a one off promo piece.

I think the perfect compromise is the Disney Castle but with added Fox searchlights and fanfare (don't need their actual logo). Some people recognize the searchlights and fanfare as Fox - but to the vast multitude, it just reminds them of Star Wars. 

Then you add x-wing/tie fighter/Death Star above. Just to add Star Wars flavor and to make it clear this is a Star Wars thing only. 

Disney gain by making fans happy, knowing hot iconic it is to Star Wars. But they still get their own logo front and centre in it (which is fair enough - they've earned it). And in return for using some of fox's assets, they get their trailer screened. 

Everyone wins and everyone generates good will. 

I think the perfect compromise is the Disney Castle but with added Fox searchlights and fanfare (don't need their actual logo). Some people recognize the searchlights and fanfare as Fox - but to the vast multitude, it just reminds them of Star Wars. 

Then you add x-wing/tie fighter/Death Star above. Just to add Star Wars flavor and to make it clear this is a Star Wars thing only. 

Disney gain by making fans happy, knowing hot iconic it is to Star Wars. But they still get their own logo front and centre in it (which is fair enough - they've earned it). And in return for using some of fox's assets, they get their trailer screened. 

Everyone wins and everyone generates good will. 

The music is certainly more important than the searchlights - they can still have the Disney music but then have it roll into the fanfare - the TIE fighter visual sounds great. Oops, talking about star wars rather than X-men.

I would not be surprised if --after apocalypse-- they did a couple of other stand-alone movies (Deadpool, Gambit) ... and waited a couple of years before they recast everyone... or at least Wolverine... I heard about an X force movie somewhere...

Yeah there was going to be one by the Kick-ass2 director but they seem to have got cold feet. There was also a X-men/"F4F" crossover planned but that won't happen now.

Unlike the Avengers I do think the X-men work better in teams and I'd rather they went spin-off team films than solo ones (historically the team books worked better than solos in comics too with the possible exception of Wolverine, Cable and Deadpool). So Cable would seem the obvious choice and I do think they've missed a chance not introducing him in Apocalypse.

If they insist on solos then I'd be more interested in a Storm solo following her life - I can never recall if she was thought to be a good in the film storyline.

I think the TV shows may be a better testing ground for Fox. I'm surprised the PI version of X-factor wasn't considered as it'd be perfect for a "classic" tv police procedural. They could just call it Madrox and slowly build his firm/team.

Archived