Football 3-3 (@ Fratton Park)

Zoë Sumra

A lot of West Ham fans moaning that we ended up with Jelavic after being linked all window with the likes of Hernandez, Austin, Destro. I see what Bilic is doing, though, and Jelavic is a better fit than any of them, even if he lacks their levels of general quality.

Juventus signed Hernanes, which I didn't see coming, but it's a good buy.

And Inter signed...Felipe Melo to replace him, go figure...

Navas was spectacular at the World Cup, sure, but then so was Opsina.

Navas was also elected best goalkeeper of La Liga ahead of Casillas, Valdes and Courtois.

Navas was spectacular at the World Cup, sure, but then so was Opsina.

Stopping a bunch of shots for a relative minnow in an international tournament probably isn't quite indicative skill-set a Champions League contending club wants from a number one keeper. They want the ability to marshal a defense, command a box well, occasionally sweep up behind the center backs, start the play from the back, and deal with the few shots that come his way without jitters.

Fucking lol. The De Gea deal might fall through because we sent the paperwork in a file format that the Spanish FA couldn't open.

Madrid respond.

I guess that's why the UK still does everything by fax.

Yea seams the signed paperwork was past the deadline. Think the deal is falling through.

Monaco has said Martial was signed for 80m which is the most expensive teenager ever I think. That's desperation right there.

When you're as big and successful as United is, it is understandable that you don't have full control of your tech solutions. You spend your time doing other, more important stuff. Right? Right.

Aaaaanyway, Everton seem to finally have gotten permission to sign Ramiro Fuenes Mori - so we have a back-up CB (he hasn't paraded a scarf yet, so I'm a bit premature on this, but let me be an optimist, ok?). Considering how good the last South American CB that Martinez signed was, I for one am getting my hopes up!

..also there is muttering about further signings. Will believe that when I see the finalized deal.

Yea seams the signed paperwork was past the deadline. Think the deal is falling through.

Monaco has said Martial was signed for 80m which is the most expensive teenager ever I think. That's desperation right there.

Apparently the fee was £36m with a whole bunch of add-ons, which is still a crap load.

Apparently the fee was £36m with a whole bunch of add-ons, which is still a crap load.

Monaco said the initial fee was 44m with 16m add ons or something. At least that's what I read. Regardless of whether it's that high or not, it's still absolutely insane for an unproven 19 year old with 11 goals last season. Good talent, sure, but if that's how much money it costs to get a striker, there are none available.

Monaco said the initial fee was 44m with 16m add ons or something. At least that's what I read. Regardless of whether it's that high or not, it's still absolutely insane for an unproven 19 year old with 11 goals last season. Good talent, sure, but if that's how much money it costs to get a striker, there are none available.

Way too much money for a 19y/o. Pretty sure we could have triggered the buyout clause of someone like Griezmann for that sort of money. This doesn't even make sense as a panic buy and is more baffling than the Januzaj loan. LVG's transfer strategy makes little sense. It all started so well with good business done early on and then turned into a farce like the previous two seasons.

Fucking lol. The De Gea deal might fall through because we sent the paperwork in a file format that the Spanish FA couldn't open.

Madrid respond.

I guess that's why the UK still does everything by fax.

The plot thickens. Gary Cotterill is reporting that he has spoken to a source at La Liga who claims that they received no paperwork at all from RM. If true, the Spanish FA is unlikely to back RM in any appeal.

Archived